Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not sleeved, I had bypass, on 4/22 - but I started that morning of surgery at 227lbs and this morning my weight is 217.8 lbs in 6 days! (Hope you dont mind me posting under this forum)!

I am well below "average" on rate of loss, but I have been losing steadily, so not complaining. I will be 8 months post-op in a little less than two weeks (May 1) and so far I am down 57 pounds post op. Since the second month, I have been averaging about 6 pounds per month. Here's a calculator that can help you estimate how much you will lose, but remember, everyone is different:

https://www.realize.com/do-i-qualify/potential-results/comparison

Thank calculator is a bit wacky...it had me weighing more at 18 months than at 12 months...either way it was nteresting.

I am not allowed to cut and paste in my weight loss log... it has weekly progress, averages etc.

Bottom line, I lost more at first, then it slowed down. It took me 14 months to lose 150#.

Hi.

I had my surgery on November 21, 2014 and to date have lost 75 pounds (sleeve Gastrectomy surgery)

Thank calculator is a bit wacky...it had me weighing more at 18 months than at 12 months...either way it was nteresting.

That's because statistically speaking, based on the data they used to build the calculator, sleeve patients had experienced some re-gain between months 12 and 18.

326 on 4/6 and started my liquid diet. 310 on 4/13 the morning of surgery. 294 this morning! 32 total lost!!!

Remember...everyone is different. Based on my weight/height, I was told to expect a loss of 5-6 lbs. a week for the first 6 weeks. 3-4 lbs. a week for the next 6 weeks. 1.5-2.5 a week for the next 10-12 weeks. Finally 1-2 lbs. a week until I meet my normal weight.

Not really sure that it's this simple, but I like the math! :)

I think I may be blessed to have had an above average loss but I was sleeved on 2/3 and I've since lost 59lbs. I think it's different for every individual.

I am 6 months post op today (YEAH!!) and I am down 91lbs and counting. I have been losing right along with no gains so far and no real stalls (knock on wood!!) I have gone 5-6 days with no loss, that was my longest run without a loss.

I weigh and log everyday still. My surgeon wanted me to do that in the beginning and I have just continued to do so. It is nice to have to look back on.

The key is, it doesn't really matter how fast or slow you lose the weight, so long as you eventually lose it. In the grand scheme of your life is it going to matter that it took you 6 months or 12 months to reach your goal when you've been living a happy, healthy life for 10+ years? We are all in this horrible mentality from past diets where we feel like we're in a race to goal so we can be "done". News flash: we'll never be "done" with weight loss surgery!

I am 6 months PO and have lost to date 107 lbs and have avg.17.8 lbs lost a month. But I have noticed it has slowed down on the scale but the inches keep melting off.

I'm 15 weeks post op and down 62lbs ( 20 during 2wk pre op.) feeling great!

80 since DOS. 7mths out