Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm scared I'll be saggy....

Let's do this Big Opie. You know, I was a police officer and injured at the WTC on 9/11 and by two drunks in the line of duty. I ended up a wheel chair and had to get my lower extremities all repaired. I use to run half marathons and work out at 220lbs. In 9 years, I haven't been able to work out any more due to my injuries and gained 100 lbs.

Im getting my surgery tomorrow 4/30. Today, I was so hesitant and bummed out about being the last day. But it is the last day of the old me. I'm totally pumped to lay my head down and get this done. Get healthy, get your meds and get motivated girl. Woooooooooooooooooooooo. I sound like Richard Simmons. lol

@@bigcat that was great.

Let's do this Big Opie. You know, I was a police officer and injured at the WTC on 9/11 and by two drunks in the line of duty. I ended up a wheel chair and had to get my lower extremities all repaired. I use to run half marathons and work out at 220lbs. In 9 years, I haven't been able to work out any more due to my injuries and gained 100 lbs.

Im getting my surgery tomorrow 4/30. Today, I was so hesitant and bummed out about being the last day. But it is the last day of the old me. I'm totally pumped to lay my head down and get this done. Get healthy, get your meds and get motivated girl. Woooooooooooooooooooooo. I sound like Richard Simmons. lol

Warning: Thread highjack!

Thank you for your service Sir! You will be up and moving again soon. Wishing you an uneventful surgery and a quick recovery.

Thank you very much. Can't wait to get in and out.

@@Big Opie

My sister used to say to me that weight loss surgery was taking the "nuclear option." She also felt that I needed the "Nuclear Option!"

When I read your post that was exactly what I thought. You are a young lady to be diagnosed with conditions more common to people decades older than you. This weight loss journey can change your life for the better and reduce or cure any of the physical problems you have now.

As far as medications, all medications have side effects. I don't think it is a bad thing that you refused them as long as you are under a doctor's care and stay on program. If things don't improve you may have to go on medication at some point, however, use this time well and do everything you can to improve your health.

Good luck! Work hard!

I was thinking the same as you, I had the surgery and I am really really happy I did, okay not going to lye its hard eating just Protein but if you listen to what the surgery team tells you, you will be fine better than fine the saggy skin day after I was release from hospital went to the gym I go to orange theory best workout sweeping the country I just walk burn usually 400 or more eat around 300 a day remember its only I who is going into my second week lost 28 lbs and still losing I pre op did it because I didn't want any complications in the long run your saggy skin will disappear working out but not right away. now I had real low self esteem not any more I don't tell anyone I had the surgery I just tell them I wanted to change. I love my new look wow. Has to be in your heart to want to change for the better my aches pains diabetes gone and good riddens

I just turned 60 on the 28th of april and l know where you are right now. l was 498 lbs 11 yrs ago and when my husband died l started to eat and stress. l went down to 300 lbs and then l decided to do the surgery, l went to all meetings with the drs. and waited again then lonely had 3 wks notice. l took the shakes and followed the diet they gave me. l had surgery. stayed 2 days and l nite. l took myself off the pain meds as l didn't need them l wanted to come home. That was 10 months ago and you will be able to do it. You need the support from family friends and the dr. l had no support from anyone. l promise l will be here for you and l don't even know you. l had no support group except this one that l just found. the dr. took me off waterpill, pain pills, arthritis pills l am no longer on a sugar pill, no high blood pressure, all l take now is claritin, colestoral pill which is down to 4.5. The only support l had was me. Oh my l did go on l'm sorry. l need to talk to someone and l just seen your post, l'm just as new as you r in this. My book that they gave me has been my only source for anything. anyway....

Oh my thought the week before my surgery...I'm so scared about having saggy skin. Then again I'm more scared to die of a heart attack and other horrible diseases due to my overweight issues. So I jumped on the surgery table and took the saggy skin!. Saggy skin can be fixed but one you are gone, thats it baby! Good luck to you!

Trust me, saggy skin is no big deal. You'll feel so good you won't care. You're very young and I'm sure your skin will bounce back. I had mine at 48. Be happy your having it young. Best wishes.

You are making a wonderfully courageous decision at a young age. I made the decision at 49 yrs and although I do have sagging skin, I would do the surgery again in a heart beat. I have diabetes...have had it for about 17 - 18 years and it is a seriously damaging disease that is easy to ignore. Unfortunately that comes at a huge price down the road.

Please have your surgery and do not worry about the saggy skin. I sometimes lament the saggy skin, but tell myself that I am so much healthier 85 lbs. lighter. I am off of the majority of my diabetes meds (I do have some damage to my pancreas because of how long I had the disease prior to my sleeve) and feel sooooo much better. As others have posted, in clothing, you will look great. I still will wear shorts and a bathing suit this summer...I did so before WLS so why not? I look and feel better even with the saggy skin. And, I know that I will be around to know and love my grand kids when my 13 year old blesses me with them :)

I procrastinated on meds, until I was told I needed insulin. When first diagnosed I was told I was borderline, bad choice of words from the doctor, so I didn't worry or take it seriously, thought it was just a an affect of having lost a son. All you were diagnosed with was my diagnoses as well. Don't wait, take it seriously now! I I hit 274 and tried every diet out there, tried exercising but no consistent. Doctor suggested surgery ten yrs ago, but thought I could do it on my own. Finally at age 66 and 264 lbs. I went for it. Best thing I could have Don for self. You are young, and so much to look forward to. And as for loose skin well that's secondary to being healthy and meds free. There is always skin removal surgery if exercising doesn't do it. After surgery you are going to find out that you have so much energy that if it's hard to exercise now, you will be thrown back by how energetic you will become. Best of everything. God bless

By the way surgery was Dec. 17 2014 and have since lost 69 lbs. And feign GREAT.

I am your height and I was about 10 pounds heavier when I started than you are now according to your sidebar stats.

I would MUCH rather have saggy skin than die early of complications from my obesity. I might not look like a bikini model naked, but I sure do look a helluva lot better in my clothes. Plus I have the ability to do anything I want.

Grab a hold of your life while you are young!!

In these pictures I am about 6-7 pounds heavier than I am now. Where would you rather be in a year or two?

You look great, can't too see what I will look like when I am down to my goal as well. Great Job.

The key is Protein, PROTEIN, PROTEIN. I know that they are expensive, and most of them taste horrible but they work!!!... My fave are Premier Protein with 30grams of protein. When I get tired of them, I use Pure Protein 35grams.

Exercising is very important too. It will not be "perfect", but, you will be able to wear what you want without feeling embarrased ;)