Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 Day CHALLENGE to get back on track!

Day 2 for me. Still afraid to get on the scale.

Protein shake for Breakfast

tuna for lunch

Circuit training at the gym

3 mile walk

I'm holding on! I hope everyone else has a great day!

Hello, Longtime and All - glad everyone seems to be doing reasonably well! I'm so impressed at all these people doing circuit training & cross fit! I try to get 11,000 steps most days, but I know I need to do some strength training, too. Longtme, I know what you mean about being afraid to get on the scale... along the opposite lines, it is so heartening to see a couple of pounds of Water (or whatever) go away quickly... makes me want to "keep going" and "not ruin it" by eating off plan. I am 51 now and MAN -- between that and my sleeve being nearly 18 months old-- I just don't lose in a fun, gratifying way the way I used to (if I had eaten this virtuously 15 years ago, the pounds would be MELTING off me :/!).I have 10-11 days uintil I have to weigh in on my DietBet (from DietBet.com) -- I'll need to get 3 to 3.5 pounds off by then, so the pressure is definitely on to NOT mess up :).

Even though the scale is merely INCHING down, I do see a WAY less pronounced muffin top hanging around when I force myself to wear tight-waisted pants (not MOM jeans, lol, but rather pants with no stretch or "give" at the waist).

Last, I am low-carbing (trying to stay in mild ketosis) and my vice/downfall seems to be Atkins Peanutbutter chocolate "meal" bars. I've learned not to have them in the house because I will decide they are a good option for a late night snack here and there, which is absolutely NOT true since they have carbs from sugar alcohol and it's debatable whether or not they knock me out of ketosis.

Best to all! xo

RHW

@@rhw94123 I have a feeling you're going to win your bet!

I am also 51! And 18 months out! Crazy!

I'm still doing ok for this challenge! I'm keeping calories low, and bumping up the Protein. The shakes have really helped.

I aim for 10,000 steps on the Fitbit daily, but sometimes it just doesn't happen! I do go the gym average of 3 times a week and I walk about 3miles twice a week. ( I should be skinny!)

My "have to keep out of the house" food is nuts! I had to stop buying them!

I got on the scale ???? I am 17 lbs up from my lowest.

Working on it....

Another day on track!

Looking over food diary, I see some changes I can make.

No gym today. Busy selling houses!

Tomorrow my 3 mile walk!

Then walk for golf!

Keep it up, all!

Where is everyone?

I managed another day! It's been hard to say no to some things, but I try to stay mindful of the fact that I was only kidding myself before by allowing myself to give in to certain foods!

I ran errands extra early, 3 mile walk by the canal, then walked 18 holes of golf.

Today is the 2nd day of forcing myself on the scale. It read higher today that yesterday! Weird.

Going to keep this up! All my shorts are a bit too snug!

Sorry to have slipped offline and off this challenge for the past 6 days - thanks for keeping up @@longtimecoming7 !t looks like you're doing really well staying on track, and really since i'm now a year out i'm finding that is isn't as quickly gratifying in the weight loss, so makes it harder to stay motivated to keep strong.

So I'm on day 7 of the challenge and finally losing weight again. Not fast, but steady. Checking in on my plan:

+ Get all my Water in today -- Yup, well on my way!

+ Log my food today - Another 'yes' and i've been doing well with it most days again. Funny how that keeps us honest!

+ Back to the gym - yes, but I missed one of my days last week, and need to be better about this week!

+ Stop any off-plan eating - Yay! I did manage to stop the first day after starting this challenge - still at it!

+ I'll redo my measurements and NOT overreact if the outcome isn't good. - I did them, and not too bad, but not great.

- Continue to pre-make more meals I like - none lately, but I'm planing ahead better with grocery shopping.

+ Celebrate behavioral successes, not just the scale ones - YES! Finally having some to Celebrate helps.

So, today I'm happy I dodged a table full of treats three different times yesterday, chocolate this morning, and remembered my gym bag so I can go after work! --And that i've lost nother 1.5 lbs. :D

I have been doing very well, however, I spent yesterday with my mom.

What is it about my mother that makes me want to eat? Seriously, I just look at her and think about food!

Lol.

Sooo, yesterday I ate more cheese than I should have and more peanuts than I should have and,well I even had gelato.

But, today, back at it!

Keep going all!

I have been doing very well, however, I spent yesterday with my mom.

What is it about my mother that makes me want to eat? Seriously, I just look at her and think about food!

Lol.

Sooo, yesterday I ate more cheese than I should have and more peanuts than I should have and,well I even had gelato.

But, today, back at it!

Keep going all!

Too funny! I'll bet a pretty high percentage of us have food triggers with our mums. I know I do too. Maybe it's because they're usually the ones who give us our first food, and often thereafter are the ones feeding us or monitoring our food until we're older - who knows. Hey, nuts and cheese aren't so bad - and sounds like you contained the damage to one day. Good job!

I will join you!!! I'm 15 months past surgery and just holding steady, but not feeling in control of my food, Water, exercise. Today's the day - thanks for the inspiration. I'll post tomorrow and report how I did jumping on your "Band" Wagon. heh heh

@@katesuccess, @@MissMac, @@Success2013, @@loseitsoon, @@longtimecoming7, @@CowgirlJane , @[humanmerelybeing"], & everyone else (cuz I know I haven't remembered everyone:/!): Good thoughts & congrats to all on getting on track/ recommitment / whatever you choose to call it. I am the 18- month veteran who gained a scary 14 pounds in December and January. I need to lose 1.5 more pounds and then I will have it off and will also be where I need to be to win the Dietbet ( dietbet.com) that I'm currently entered in (& need to weigh out of by 5/11). I have been working to get this off for 2 1/2 months. In essence, I have not had anything fun to eat in that whole 2 1/2 months – yikes! It was really hard the first couple of weeks, but once I was detoxed from carbs and eating sensibly (with steady-but-minor weekly weight loss) I was so encouraged that I would eventually make it back to my lowest weight (and that I thankfully hadn't ruined my sleeve results permanently!) that I got very inspired & committed to give myself that do-over /re-set (no matter WHAT it took!).

The elements of my success this round have been two 2- mile walks each day, eating few carbs to try to remain in very light key ketosis, taking Gummy Fiber and lots of Water daily. I've also been taking three or four coconut oil tablets each day along with cinnamon and chromium (in a Quest for balanced blood sugar & craving control).

If I can keep losing 2-3 lbs/month with this no-recreational-eating-whatsoever approach, I MIGHT just get down to that elusive 150/loose size 10 after all!

(PS - Longtime, I sent you a private message thru this site last week, but I don't think you opened it?:))

Edited by rhw94123

Sorry I've been missing in action! I got pneumonia and it derailed me. But I've got to get this party started again!

Hello all! I'm a bit behind everyone in this challenge having just joined this week. Today is Day 2 and I am getting back on track. I walked 50 minutes both days and reduced overall calories down to about 1100. I also reintroduced a daily Protein shake which is helping with the mid-day cravings and I avoided a Sun chips Vending Machine Tragedy today which is good.

Hoping to increase Water tomorrow which really seems to help. I'm trying not to weigh every day...maybe I'll do every 3rd or 4th day. : )

Thanks for starting this!

Sorry you've been so sick @@Success2013 ! I hope you feel better now - yes?

I'm checking in now that I'm at day 9:

Still losing weight - slowly of course. (Sigh.)

+ Get all my Water in today -- Yup, well on my way and did well yesterday too.

+ Log my food today - Another 'yes'.

+ Back to the gym - yes, and heading there midday today since i have an evening meeting. (Apparently I'll be the sweaty one at that table!)

+ Stop any off-plan eating - Yes - except an unplanned Tblsp of chopped pecans anyway, though i was still within allowances.

+ I'll redo my measurements... I only do this once a month, but doing well not freaking when the scale tells me bad stuff.

- Continue to pre-make more meals I like - Yes, and making plans for cooking more of them this week.

+ Celebrate behavioral successes, not just the scale ones - Yes - not sure how this week though.

So, today I'm pleased to be doing well on this plan, packed and brought my gym bag, and pre-chose dinner from the restaurant menu on line. SO far so good! :rolleyes:

I need a re-set! I was doing so well being back on plan, etc., and had started losing again even. Then the past three days have been awful! Pieces of chocolate, a cookie here or there, and a glass of champagne today - none of those horrendous but all of them together Sooooo not good!

Back on plan tomorrow means i walk to work to jump start the exercise in the morning - easy since i left my car there yesterday to insure I would!

I'll make my lunch tonight, so no question about what i'll eat, and pack my dinner too (long day ahead!).

Added help is that none of my go-to-junk foods are in the house (or office) any longer, so that's a help.

Anyone else fail the 10 Day Challenge and want to restart with me? I"m marking my calendar for May 11-21!

Quick update from my phone:

I inched by and-- by taking a fast day yesterday-- I made it down to my Dietbet goal weight today (so rather than lose the money I bet, I'm bringing in an additional $45). If I can stick to my program, I should (could) lose another 3-4 lbs in the next month. (We'll see!) one thing is certain-- the honeymoon phase is long over and losing a pound a week is about the best I can do these days!