Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calories? ?

I know we are not supposed to be on a"diet ".....But roughly how many calories are most of you eating? I have lost 50 lbs but have stalled since Jan. ....

I lost all my weight on around 11-1200 a day.

I didn't count in fact but when doctors say "just make healthy choices" they are probably not banded themselves!!! Most banded people do count calories or maybe carbs. I am in the minority not doing so and even so, every three or so weeks I used to measure and count for a day just to make sure my portions hadn't crept up.

I don't count calories, or weigh myself for that matter. I wait to go back to the doctor to find out my progress. Dwelling on one or two pounds a week, or counting how many carbs or calories you take in can do more harm to your drive to loose weight in my opinion. I don't think it is wrong to do it, but I think focusing on your eating habits and food decisions prove to be more beneficial to you during this process. It is a long road.....stay the path!

bodyweight.png?ts=1429714260

My weight loss stopped several months ago. I started to gain this month. I've recently gone back to 1200 calories a day, which is what I was eating while losing. It's starting to come off again. Not easy. I was used to bigger and higher carb meals. But I want to get to goal, so it is what it is.

I usually eat between 550-800 a day on average. When I asked my dr if there was a set amount I should eat he just said not more than 1000. I rarely even get close to that. I honestly don't even think I could get close to that eating only 4oz at most 3x a day.

Not in anyway saying Nickki is doing it wrong! If it works for her, absolutely fine (as long as she is taking the level of supplements sleeved people take) but just to say, don't worry if you are not eating that low. She is the first banded person I have ever read of eating so low, even sleeved people eat 800 or so after the first few months. Having been on sites like this for nine years, I have read very many " how many do you eat?" threads and most banded people do not eat under 1000.

I counted calories and measured portions in the beginning....(what else can you do?)...when the band finally started doing it's job after a few fills, I stopped counting, about 3-4 months after surgery....so for me, I don't have the slightest idea....but I know it's low on some days, and on other days it's probably very high...

As far as carbs, etc, I simply know what's good and what's bad....I try to eat as healthy as I can, and let the band do the rest....

But for beginners just starting to get their band s adjusted and find that "Groove"...you have no choice.

The best advice anyone can give is to listen to your Dr.'s advice and follow the centers protocol as we are getting the band adjusted...then we move into another phase.

I eat between 1200 and 1300 calories per day. under a 1000 and your brain does not function properly. if I happen to eat a little too much I go for a walk. don't forget about the Water. I personally hate the stuff, but plain Water helps drop the weight. I have no idea how it works, but it does.

I eat between 1200 and 1300 calories per day. under a 1000 and your brain does not function properly. if I happen to eat a little too much I go for a walk. don't forget about the Water. I personally hate the stuff, but plain Water helps drop the weight. I have no idea how it works, but it does.

Just to reassure those having RNY or VSG who will be probably be eating around 600 calories at first and then (many of them) 800 calories for a long time, your brain will still work!