Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This past week has been really stressful and I Find myself nibbling more often. I still weight train 5 days a week, but I seem to have lost my enthusiasm for cardio, walking. Need some Bariatricpal Advice and support!

The more we graze, the more we want to graze.

And the more sugars / starches we eat, the more sugars / starches we crave.

So the way to kick those cravings is (sorry!) to stop eating and grazing.

Maybe you're burned out / bored with your earlier cardio regimen? If so, try something different like hiking or biking or walking somewhere new. (Or whatever gets your juices flowing again.)

Our relationship with exercise is not much different than our other relationships: It needs to be spiced up every once in a while. :)

Best wishes!

I do my strength training twice a week, and both days I have to eat a little more to maintain any energy throughout the day. But that means more Protein, not carbs, grease and salt. I would love to revert to pizza and chips, but I am far better off with a cheese stick and a couple of gherkins. Cucumbers and tomatoes have become my new best friends.

The other day I made some Protein fudge (Peanut Butter, cream cheese, ricotta, chocolate Protein powder, flax, wheat germ, chia, articial sweetener because I add melted 85% dark choclate. A one inch square is all I can eat at any one time. I think that if I cannot find a recipe for a low-carb pizza casserole, I am going to have to invent one.

On strength days, I have a protein smoothie made with almond milk and yogurt and lots of berries, spinach if I have it on hand. I love bananas and other fruits, but more than one serving slows down my progress.

I do the strength training because my body needs it and I feel more involved in the purpose. Cardio, for me, has to be fun or it ain't gonna happen (sorry, grammar nerds - overcome). My two favorite cardio sessions involve sex and / or music. When my happy man (very happy - he loves my choice of cardio) is not around, I pull out my videos: Hip Hop Abs, Hula, Bali, Pussycat Dolls, African Heat-Latin Beat, Salsa, Zoomba, Belly Dance, Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies........this old white woman has them all. I have weaned myself off of all-day TV. I am no longer part of the sofa (which encourages grazing). When I am puttering around the house, I crank up the satellite radio to Classic Rock Workout. It adds groove to my move all day long.

I have too much sacrafice invested in my new body to let it fall into disrepair, now. My health and extra years added to my life are worth the committment this takes. I have had to pick myself up off the ground several times and get my resolve back, but nobody else can do the work for me.

Maybe a good website for you would be Mark's Daily Apple - www.marksdailyapple.com. It has a Paleo/Primal focus and recommends incorporating fun into your week. Volley-ball instead of calesthenics, surfing instead of step classes, bike riding in a scenic state or national park instead of an exercise bike in the basement. There is nothing stopping you but your creativity. Go have some fun.

Prepare small, nutritious Snacks and keep them with you at all times. I just dug out my insulated lunch pack for the car. As the weather gets nicer, I am often on the go more. This makes sure I have nutritious Snacks with me. I also agree with @@MissMac I find a need a Protein snack both pre and post workout, but especially post workout. I am almost always ravenous and if I don't have something I will eat just about anything. If you feel the need to graze, perhap switching to 5 small meals a day over 3 big ones will help.