Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

47 days and counting!

In 47 days I'll be In Mexico post op!!! I've never been more scared/excited about anything!!! I'm scared of the hardw ork pain and tears but excited for the payoff!! I can't even sleep I'm so excited!!!

What's the longest anyone has stayed on clears post op???? Just curious how long my doc is saying 2 weeks. I feel like it should be longer but I dunno!???

I was on Clear Liquids for months but only because I had problems and couldn't eat. Each Dr. is

different. They gave me instructions on when and what to do.

I am heading down to Dr Zavalza in Mexico in June and am so excited. I believe they said a special diet for a week, and clear liquids for 3 days. I think it depends on each doctor and each individual. I am starting to do little things already to prepare to break my bad habits :) wishing u great success with your surgery

I haven't committed yet but it is looking like June with Dr. Zavalza in Mexico for me too! I'm so excited as well. Telling my sister today and very nervous. I know people cringe when I say Mexico but hoping she will be open minded.

I haven't committed yet but it is looking like June with Dr. Zavalza in Mexico for me too! I'm so excited as well. Telling my sister today and very nervous. I know people cringe when I say Mexico but hoping she will be open minded.

I had a hard time with my husband. I never told anyone other than my best friend my manager my husband and son. My husband thinks I am crazy and it was a big problem in our house. He felt like it should have been a joint decision and I was like, its my body and its my decision. We ended up going to counselling and after quite a few hours he found out that he can't tell me what to do. So he said he would support me but he wasn't happy about it. Plus it must be hard b ecause he is sworn to secrecy. this is my private thing.

there is a Facebook page for baratric pal and Dr. Zavalza which I am part of. I really like all the info i am getting onthose pages. It sure has made me feel more comfortable and for sure way more educated on what to expect.

I have told my boyfriend and he is leary of both the surgery and Mexico but is trying to be supportive. He too is sworn to secrecy. I have told my aunt and my coworkers. All are worried about me going to Mexico but I do not really have fears after doing so much research. I was going to join that group but I know if I do other people will be able to see that I am a member of it, which is why I havent. Waiting to talk to my sister tonight. Nervous and excited. She vacations in Cancun once a year so I think she will be the most level headed and supportive. My mom is a worrier and my best friend. I am so scared to tell her!