Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sometimes you just get tired of being strong.

Exactly!

Thank you everyone. It's going to be a long road of sadness, guilt and anger. a hard lesson learned about what depression can do to an otherwise generous, loving man.

@@kimpossible67 Sorry to hijack the thread, but just wanted to let you know it's OK to let your guard down sometimes and don't let it bother you. MHow is your mom doing?

You didn't do anything wrong! I can't imagine how much pain he must have been in to take his life. Depression is horrible and not dealt with properly.

Mom is doing as well as expected.

I'm still in shock of how she looked in ICU hooked up to everything. The vent broke her lip. Open and it was swollen and bloody. She looked like she'd been socked in the eyes, the were purple. I'm having a hard time dealing with it all. She's had countless surgeries but nothing like this. Thank you all for asking. I haven't talked to her in 3 days and that's not normal. I just feel like sleeping.

@@Kindle I am so sorry to hear about your best friend. It breaks my heart that you have to deal with their passing in such a horrific manner.

I'll say a very special prayer for you tonight, and I sincerely hope that you will find some inner peace very soon! BIG HUGS!!!

My best friend committed suicide on Sunday. I couldn't begin to tell you what I've eaten in the last 3 days but pretty sure it didn't involve much Protein. Tons of food being dropped off and it's all about carbs. Just try and stay hydrated and don't worry about the rest right now.

Hoping your mom recovers soon....

@@kimpossible67

Hope your mama is on the mend! Take care of yourself, too!

@@Kindle

I'm so sorry to hear that. Hang in there and know we all are thinking about you during this difficult time.

My prayers to all of you going through these rough times. No butt kicking here, just love & support. You do what you need to do to get through these times. We'll be strong for you while you get through this. Please keep us posted.

I know the stress you are dealing with. You are fine. Just try to stay calm and dont borrow trouble. Right now you need to focus on family more than your food. Stay strong. You are in my prayers.

@@Kindle

Im so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers. If you ever need an ear to listen and a heart to love you i am here.

No one can be perfect all the time. All you can do is your best for THAT day. One day your best might not be so great, because of all the other factors involved. Just do the best you can and move onto the next day. Yesterday I was feeling sorry for myself because my ears are infected and hurt a lot and I wasn't able to exercise and so I had some ice cream. Oh well. One bowl of ice cream in the grand scheme of things isn't going to make much difference. All I can do is move on and do my best today.... whatever my best is considering my ears still hurt like hell.

The point is, as someone else said, sometimes you just get tired of being strong and that's okay. The important thing is to not spiral downwards and let your "failure" serve as an excuse to "fail" some more!

Oh my god, Kim, I'm SO sorry. There are no words. You just do whatever it takes to make it through this. Be kind to yourself. I'm so sorry.

My mom passed away at 3:30 this morning. I can't eat. All I want is coffee.

I am so sorry. There are no words I can say that can take away the heart ache that you must be experiencing, but please know that you are in my thoughts.