Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

50 pounds lost- 2 mo postop w/pics

You're going great!

@@sarahbeth3569 holy smokes how great is that! And what willpower to stay off the scale all that time. Good for you.

Thanks so much! Sorry my post was confusing! I have weighed myself quite often but it took my breath away when I realized it was the big 50. That was the first time since surgery that I've been overpowered with emotion from the weight loss. I've always gained and lost and gained and lost but realizing I lost half of 100 pounds made me feel like a million bucks. Which is hard to do when I've always been heavy. I'm out of depression...and it feels so good. :)

Great job, I had mine Feb 26 a few days you and also down 50. How is your eating, I get sick a lot now when I eat never before I ate so much. I want to eat more than I do but I need to get my habits of too much and to fast. Having that said I am so happy that weight is gone and when people noticed the difference it's a wonderful thing. Keep up he good work

Today I weighed myself and for the first time since surgery, my breath was taken away from what I saw on that scale. Less than 2 months ago (March 3rd) I weighed 270 pounds. Today, I weighed 220 pounds. Im almost to the weight that I weighed the day I married my husband. That's 50 pounds gone forever! I am so grateful for this journey no matter what I had to go through! I don't do pics...but here is my before and after face shots. :)attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1429647615.561263.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1429647636.337046.jpg

I've struggled with reflux really bad so I don't have a wide variety of food. And luckily I found out what happens to my sleeve when I eat too fast and I believed I "dumped"...it was so terrible that I haven't done it since. So I took that as a positive learning , curve. I'm on vacation in Florida and my reflux medicine has been working amazingly so I've eaten a better variety. Fish, shrimp, chicken, scallops, with sour cream and salsa, nonfat Beans with sour cream and advacado, potato casserole from Cracker Barrel with one egg white...etc. but always Protein first and I eat slowly. :) message me anytime if you'd like or have any questions!

Just wanted to say that yiu look great! Your picture looks more like a mother and daughter comparison, than of just you! Congrats on a job well done so far

Just wanted to say that yiu look great! Your picture looks more like a mother and daughter comparison, than of just you! Congrats on a job well done so far

Thankyou so much for your kind words!

Wow!!!!!

You look amazing.....

I m 6 week post op and I have lost 24 pounds and I wish to reach your mark possibly in 3 months....

May I ask, What were you eating and how much were you exercising?

Wow!!!!!

You look amazing.....

I m 6 week post op and I have lost 24 pounds and I wish to reach your mark possibly in 3 months....

May I ask, What were you eating and how much were you exercising?

I was eating very little for the first whole month. About 1/4 cup of Borden Low fat Cottage cheese was the only food I could because I had terrible acid reflux. And I mean terrible! I would choke down shakes to get my Protein in but I vomited alot. I eat more variety now just not losing as much as fast as I was. Even though I was pretty sick I had crazy energy so I walked everywhere. Instead of driving to our friends house down the road I walk. I have a farm so I get a good workout on my daily routine. I haven't started any real strenuous excercise yet but I plan to do Zumba. I hope you continue doing well! :)

What a transformation already! Keep it up!!!

Wow! Congrats to you and your success. Like you I didn't really see the changes until I took a pic and compared to another! So very proud of you girl. Keep up the awesome work ????

Sarahbeth, wanted to know if you have any tips or special things you did. I feel as though I'm at a plateau already, just had sleeve on 4/23, on surgery date was 265, today at 252.8, I'm walking 2.5 miles at least 4x a week.. Not eating over 500-600 calories a day. Do you have any advice

Sarahbeth, wanted to know if you have any tips or special things you did. I feel as though I'm at a plateau already, just had sleeve on 4/23, on surgery date was 265, today at 252.8, I'm walking 2.5 miles at least 4x a week.. Not eating over 500-600 calories a day. Do you have any advice

brmbrown, I know you asked for a reply from Sarahbeth...but I wanted to tell you that I went through the exact same thing! At pre-op I was at 302 in February 2015. Now, I am at 251...down 51 pounds! BUT, at about 4 weeks out...my weight loss just stopped! I believe it is a combination of Water weight from surgery and your body trying its best to hold on to that weight (survival instincts)...but then just a few weeks later it just started falling off. Just be patient and kind to yourself. Also, make sure you are drinking lots and lots and LOTS of fluids. Best of luck to you! P.S. I remember crying to my husband "The surgery didn't work"!!! Oh boy, it did...it just takes time :)

Sorry it took so long to reply !! Maybe you aren't getting enough calories in?? I'm not sure because it sounds as if you are doing everything right. Definitely up your Water and do some good cardio like running, really fast walking, or even swimming depending on what your body can do. But she is right the plateaus will happen and your weightless will start back up. I've only lost about 13 pounds since I posted that 50 pound loss pic. I went on vacation shortly after and hit a huge plateau. I'm losing again now but much slower than before. Don't give up!