Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4/27--it's about to get real! Day surgery?

It just keeps getting more real with each passing day. Just this one last week of preop diet and then surgery day-4/27. I'm a little worried about just what it is going to feel like for me since the last surgery I had was when I was 6 yrs old- tonsillectomy! Best wishes to all those before me and best of luck to those who have theirs on the same day and those after!!! :)

Anybody out there had the sleeve and gone home the same day? Mine is with Nicholson Clinic in Dallas and it's a day surgery. Would love to hear experiences of those who had the surgery and went home same day...

I have never heard of anyone leaving on the same day. Most recipients stay two days and if there is

a problem it can be up to a week. Will you have someone with you at home? I wouldn't advise being

alone that first and second day. Everyone that I know who has had the surgery stayed two to four

days. They actually did really well and had hardly no pain and you will probably be just like them

and it will be a walk in the park. Hope all goes well for you and good luck.

I was sleeved on 3/9. The first day I felt horrible. I woke up the next morning and felt 100% better, other than just being really tired.

I am having surgery 4/27 too!!!! The only surgery that i have had too is a tonsillectomy as a child! I think this may be a good thing b/c the actual having surgery does not scare me at all. I remember having a great time in the hospital as a kid. :) i know that surgery is a big deal, i just don't have any fears of it. I am a little nervous about how i am actually going to feel after. i tend to not have a very high pain threshhold.

As for time in the hospital, i was told, by my surgean it would be 1 maybe 2 nights. I am having my surgery first thing in the morning so i am hopeful it will only be 1 night. I also live like 2 blocks from the hospital where i am having the procedure, so if there are any complications it will only take me minutes to get there.

Good luck to you and everyone else!!!!

@Edavidson; I know! Even someone I know that had the sleeve a few months back was in the hospital for at least 2 days. Thankfully, my husband will be with me on 4/27 and 4/28 and if needed can take more days off. He works near home, too, so could be here if I were to need him once he has gone back to work. We'll see how I do.

@Amanda0305: That's great that you live so close to the hospital. I'm about 40 minutes away. I, too, am really more concerned about how I will feel AFTER the surgery, since about all I can really remember from my tonsillectomy was that the surgeons all looked like frogs to me in their green surgery garb and then of having a very sore throat when I woke up. Good luck on 4/27! :)

@jackief: yes, that is what I am kind of expecting to maybe have some bad pain right after and then to hopefully do great! Crossing my fingers. :)

Hi there! I'm also having mine with Dr. Nick, but on 5/4. So exciting! How has your preop diet been going? I'm on day 3 today...so far, so good.

It just keeps getting more real with each passing day. Just this one last week of preop diet and then surgery day-4/27. I'm a little worried about just what it is going to feel like for me since the last surgery I had was when I was 6 yrs old- tonsillectomy! Best wishes to all those before me and best of luck to those who have theirs on the same day and those after!!! :)

Anybody out there had the sleeve and gone home the same day? Mine is with Nicholson Clinic in Dallas and it's a day surgery. Would love to hear experiences of those who had the surgery and went home same day...

@kdawgsmom Hi! I've heard only the best about Dr Nick and his crew. I think we are both in good hands!

I am on pre op diet # 10, @@kdawgsmom, and I see light at the end of the tunnel! :)

I am on pre op diet # 10, @@kdawgsmom, and I see light at the end of the tunnel! :)

How much have you lost on the preop @

@@kdawgsmom

so far about 10 lbs.

Good Morning ! I'm new here, I have been reading everyone's post happy for each of you ... I was approved on April 7th.... Scared Excited .. But really it's been 5 years getting to this point .

@swalker55

Welcome! Congrats on the approval! I'm nearing my surgery date: 4/27. So excited and hope I do well. Just trying to keep myself occupied for the weekend and keep up with the preop diet. I have done well with it so far. :)

I'm having the sleeve on 4/27 too! I live in Houston, my dr. Only told me 1 night!

Lori H. who was your surgeon? I am also in Houston. I surgeon will be Dr. Marvin. I have my consultation on the 29th of April.