Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes and I'm now 2kgs under goal 9 months post op.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow that's great to hear !

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I lost a whopping 11 lbs in the first 11 days and then nothing for the last 5 days. I'm still on soft food. How many calories should I be aiming for ? Is it normal to stall in the early days ? I'm worried that even the sleeve might not work for my sluggish metabolism Thx

Yes, very typical. I lost 10 pounds in ten days and then stalled for a few days. I freaked out for nothing. The best way to save your metabolism is to eat! In your plan and healthfully. Starvation mode is what slows metabolism (read the stories about the Biggest Loser contestants). I got my calories up to 1200 a day as soon as I could. I still got to my fantasy goal (22 BMI) within seven months and have been maintaining since then for 10 months). Healthy calories and healthy exercise is what my plan is now.

Edited by sleevenv

Yes, very typical. I lost 10 pounds in ten days and then stalled for a few days. I freaked out for nothing. The best way to save your metabolism is to eat! In your plan and healthfully. Starvation mode is what slows metabolism (read the stories about the Biggest Loser contestants). I got my calories up to 1200 a day as soon as I could. I still got to my fantasy goal (22 BMI) within seven months and have been maintaining since then for 10 months). Healthy calories and healthy exercise is what my plan is now.

Interesting. My instinct is to try to get my calories up to 1200 but then so many people will say to keep them around 800, which hurts my brain if I think about it too hard. LOL. At a month out, I have yet to eat more than about 1000 in a day yet (I'm sure that's probably normal). Can I ask what you eat?

I, too, lost a little (9 pounds) and then stalled--mine lasted 2 weeks, then I lost 1.8 in 2 days, and now I'm back up a little today. (I know, I could not weigh every day, but I actually think in the long run it will be good so I know this is just what happens and not to freak out over the day to day weird fluctuations). Anyway, I'm not freaking out or anything, but it is so good to hear that it will happen from people who've done it. :)

Edited by Hellya

At your stage I ate a lot of Soups with added Protein Powder. I add avocado to everything I can to incorporate healthy fat. I drizzle olive oil on anything I eat that it tastes good with. I love healthy fats and it's easy to get in calories with it. Fats are not evil if they are good fats. I add nuts to Greek yogurt and chia seeds to Protein Shakes and smoothies. It's easy to get to 1200 calories, even staying in plan with a restricted ability to eat. I make the calories healthy and count.

Awesome, thanks!

PS I love avocados. :D

Hey all! Just checking in. I am 10 weeks out and not feeling awesome. I still really can't eat much at all. How much do y'all eat? I eat about 2-3 bites a meal. That's it. Maybe 500 - 600 calories a day . Maybe .

Hey all! Just checking in. I am 10 weeks out and not feeling awesome. I still really can't eat much at all. How much do y'all eat? I eat about 2-3 bites a meal. That's it. Maybe 500 - 600 calories a day . Maybe .

Sorry I clicked reply without typing. I was the same as you. Now I can eat almost an entire McDonald's cheeseburger. I'm not advocating cheeseburgers but we all know the size so using that as a guide. I eat quite often throughout the day and when you add it up I'm actually eating quite a bit. I'm 9 months post op and below my goal weight. Be patient with the eating and lap up the weight loss as you'll be eating more before you know it and the losses will slow.

Interesting. My instinct is to try to get my calories up to 1200 but then so many people will say to keep them around 800, which hurts my brain if I think about it too hard. LOL. At a month out, I have yet to eat more than about 1000 in a day yet (I'm sure that's probably normal). Can I ask what you eat?

I, too, lost a little (9 pounds) and then stalled--mine lasted 2 weeks, then I lost 1.8 in 2 days, and now I'm back up a little today. (I know, I could not weigh every day, but I actually think in the long run it will be good so I know this is just what happens and not to freak out over the day to day weird fluctuations). Anyway, I'm not freaking out or anything, but it is so good to hear that it will happen from people who've done it. :)

a month out I was just coming off a straight liquid diet and onto two weeks of puréed food.

:)
a month out I was just coming off a straight liquid diet and onto two weeks of puréed food.

All surgeons are different. I had 2 weeks of liquid, 2 weeks of soft foods and now transitioning to eating "as I will for the rest of my life"

On April 20, 2015 at 11:30 AM, SeahawksFan said:

I had a BMI of 31 and I was self pay. I did the roller coaster diet thing for so many years I finally decided to do it and I don't regret it at all. I did a 2 week low carb diet required by my doc before the surgery and lost 10 lbs so I was only 29.5 BMI when I had it done on Oct. 30 and I pretty much met my goal in 4 months. I also didn't tell anyone. Only my husband and one friend because I didn't want to hear the speech about how I didn't need it and everything else that goes with that. I am a size 0P now and couldn't be happier. I no longer need my sleep apnea machine and my back and joints feel so much better. I also had the hernia repair done while he was in there and my insurance paid for that. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

BTW I am only 5"1 so losing 45 is a lot for someone my size and I am 45.

Good luck-

LA

That's great to hear, my BMI is 31, I'm getting sleeved on the 23rd of March, I want to love myself when I look in the mirror , not sigh.

how was the process for you, how long did it take to loose 45 pounds?

thanks

I've heard that the lower the BMI the slower you will lose after surgery and the weight doesn't "fall off" like it does for people with a BMI of 40 or more. Good luck!

That stands to reason