Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@LowBMISleever hurrah!!! best of luck with surgery and recovery, you'll do great! i do work out, but actually somewhat LESS than i did before surgery. i've always been very active, but having gained so much weight, i struggled with this debilitating stress to prioritize working out/dieting over family/work/sleep (especially sleep). Post-surgery, I've found that while I need to work out for toning and health reasons, and it definitely does help with the weight loss (plus i think its a crucial habit to get in prior to maintenance), the fact that i can work out for 30-45 min instead of an hour plus and 3x a week instead of 5 has really helped me stay more balanced in my life. This is a purely personal thing, there are lots of others who really push long, hard, frequent workouts post-surgery. it just depends on what's right for you

long way of saying that for me personally, this surgery has just given me the freedom to live a healthier, balanced life instead of jumping from one desperate attempt to lose weight to failure to another and repeat. SUCH a feeling of freedom.

Thanks @@Newtum, so much great info!! Balance is exactly what I'm hoping for. Xoxo

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Did anyone with 28-32 BMI have problems with loose skin or hair loss?

I'm hoping that needing to lose less weight will mean no excess skin or Hair loss.< /p>

My BMI was in the low 30s at the time of surgery, and is now in the low 20s. I haven't experienced any skin issues. I'd be delighted to wear a bikini, but I'm a bit self conscious about my scars. I wish I had gotten the single incision operation, but that's Water under the bridge. I've lost a little over 70 pounds in the past 11 months, so it's been at a relatively slow pace. The only flabbiness I have is on my upper arms, but that's due to not working them out as much as I should. My main form of exercise has been biking to and from work and whenever it's a feasible form of transportation over the car. I've been thinking about taking up swimming.

I did lose some hair at the four month mark, but it fortunately was only noticeable to me and to my husband (because of the hair in the shower drain). I never took Biotin or other Vitamins targeted for the hair because of concerns that they could cause a breakout. What worked best for me was to simply stop washing and blow drying my hair every day. In the winter I'd extend it to every three days, and use a dry Shampoo by Lush in between washes. In the summer I've been washing it every other day. I also got some Protein masks from Sally's, and use one once a week.

I was low BMI and was sleeved July 5, 2016 because of health issues made me qualify.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

start weight 202

2 weeks I am 184

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Officially sleeved yesterday in Tijuana at OCC with Dr. Ortiz. I weighed in at 173 lbs 28 BMI at the office the day before surgery. I am extremely pleased with the care. 4 other Americans were sleeved with me yesterday, and everyone is going amazing. I had a very nauseating/dizzying reaction to the anesthesia, so it took me about 8 hrs to get on my feet. I wanted to walk much earlier, but was just too dizzy. OCC was about checking on me constantly, including keeping pain killers, anti nausea meds, checking incisions and making sure I used the spirometer. I brought chapstick and gas x, which I was happy to have. I am not in any pain 18 hrs from surgery being completed. When I woke up from anesthesia, I had no catheter and no drain. Aside from reaction to the anesthesia and gurgling in my stomach/chest, I feel amazing.

So excited to see the weight come off! Good luck low BMI sleevers!!!

Hello Everyone!!! I had my surgery done March 11, 2015 so I've had time to see how things are going, for me at least! I started at 5'1 and 170 lbs my BMI was at 32. Cash pay was the only way for me and I would do it all over again! I now weigh 100 lbs and feel so much better! I lost 70 lbs and it happened in a total of about 9 months, reaching my goal weight @ 7 months! So anyone with a low BMI can do this!!!!!!! Good luck to all

I had my surgery on 7/5. I started pre-op diet at 197 and am now 179. I am having a hard time getting all of my Protein in and have not been able to walk or exercise because my back went out. I have never had my back go out like this. I have been to the chiropractor and am on pain meds, ice and heat...even had a massage. Anyway, too much time on the couch and in front of the TV, but I am losing. Many of my clothes are falling off of me. It is a miracle! Can't wait to be able to move.

@@Hayleymillay

I had my surgery on 7/5 too. I started at 216, was 212 on surgery day and am now at 192. Are you still on shakes or have you started the soft food stage?

I am still drinking some shakes because I don't know how else to get my Protein. Not sure how to purée food. Seems gross.

I am allowed tuna now, and eggs. I also bought some Syntrax unsweetened protien powder and put that in mashed potatoes but I thin them down.

I went to my presurgery seminar on 7/20. stsart the 2 weeks prep om 7/29. Surgery on 8/12. Thanks for all these encouraging posts.

I have a lower BMI and my surgery is next week - I've battled losing and gaining the last ten years and I feel if I don't get control of this now it will only get worse. I feel like the sleeve is a tool to help me on my journey. I haven't told many people either as I don't need their judgement and their opinions.

I don't think you should feel guilty for doing what you truly believe will help you. Good luck to everyone!

I have a lower BMI and my surgery is next week - I've battled losing and gaining the last ten years and I feel if I don't get control of this now it will only get worse. I feel like the sleeve is a tool to help me on my journey. I haven't told many people either as I don't need their judgement and their opinions.

I don't think you should feel guilty for doing what you truly believe will help you. Good luck to everyone!

Good Luck with your surgery! I agree with you, this is a tool and it's a helpful one. I have not told many people either. It is a personal choice for me and one I did not want to explain to just anyone. Do not feel guilty, we are improving our health!