Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone with a lower-ish BMI been sleeved? I'm at BMI 32 now and have been approved due to co morbidities (high Bp and DM). Just curious to here other stories of lower BMI folks!?

I've heard that the lower the BMI the slower you will lose after surgery and the weight doesn't "fall off" like it does for people with a BMI of 40 or more. Good luck!

I have a bmi of 34-35. I have also heard that the lower your bmi is the slower at losing the weight also. That's ok with me though bc I am not telling anyone that I am having the surgery so as crazy as it sounds it would work well for me. I plan to have mine done in June or July. Whenever I can get off work for my vacation. My friend had hers done a couple years ago and I believe her bmi was 36 when she started and she reached her goal weight in about 7 months. Good luck to you!

I'm also not telling anyone about mine except my mom who is having it done the same day! I don't care if it falls off slow I know it will be a long process I know, I just don't want to gain anymore and eventually be small again! Good luck to you also!!!

My BMI is 32, and I am self pay. I've been riding this roller coaster to no-where my entire life. On May 13th, I plan to step of the roller coaster and onto the losers bench!

Me to. The roller coaster is getting old!!! At the rate I'm going I'll be morbidly obese with severe health issues in the next few years! I want to nip it in the bud and get it controlled now! I think this will really work for me! What are you doing for your post op diet? I'm worried I'll loose to much before hand if I do liquids for a week before but I need to shrink my liver?!?

I had a BMI of 31 and I was self pay. I did the roller coaster diet thing for so many years I finally decided to do it and I don't regret it at all. I did a 2 week low carb diet required by my doc before the surgery and lost 10 lbs so I was only 29.5 BMI when I had it done on Oct. 30 and I pretty much met my goal in 4 months. I also didn't tell anyone. Only my husband and one friend because I didn't want to hear the speech about how I didn't need it and everything else that goes with that. I am a size 0P now and couldn't be happier. I no longer need my sleep apnea machine and my back and joints feel so much better. I also had the hernia repair done while he was in there and my insurance paid for that. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

BTW I am only 5"1 so losing 45 is a lot for someone my size and I am 45.

Good luck-

LA

Yes, I had a BMI of 32 and got it done. I haven't lost it as fast as others because of other health issues as well (diabetic, PCOS) but cut my insulin in half which I think has helped lose the weight. It's taking me a lot longer but I guess it's okay as long as I'm losing and skin is fine as well. I was self pay as well and went to TJ for it. Any questions, feel free to ask :)

I have a BMI of 33 and am self-pay, getting sleeved in June. I'm only telling my mom and husband so slow weight loss is fine with me...won't be so obvious that I had surgery to lose the weight when the change is gradual. It's nice to find a group like myself, confident with our decision to move forward even though we aren't "fat enough" to everyone else! I'm ready to feel great in my body again!

Yes that's why I'm not telling people I don't want to hear the your not fat speeches! I am or I wouldn't get asked if I'm pregnant all the time lol!!! I carry my weight in my boobs and tummy! I'm a classic apple with little legs and arms :( My face is getting big now and my head changed shape and that is my final straw!! I don't recognize myself anymore I'm 5'7 and about 205-210. I can work my butt off for months in the gym with clean eating and get down to 185 ish but can never maintain it! I have to work out 2 hours a day cardio and weights and eat 500-800 calories only a day to get there:( Which isn't realistic for anyone to keep at when I work 50 hours a week (4 12 hour shifts as a RN) The struggle is real! I can't wait to get to Tijuana get this done and begin a new way of eating and living!