Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm about 2.5 weeks out. When does this crushing fatigue let up? Getting plenty of Water and started Vitamins at postop visit this Wednesday.

Eat. As mentioned above, if your body thinks it's "starving" it holds weight and minimizes energy utilization - hence fatigue.

When I was so fatigued early on, I was not getting enough Protein.

Are you taking your B12? I'm not sure if you can take Iron yet or not, although really you shouldn't have an issue with either quite yet. I was very fatigued the first month of surgery and then I was good until about 14 months out when I felt like I got hit by a truck. Turns out I was anemic and once I started taking the B12 I had ignored and an Iron supplement, I felt better within a few days.

Either way, if you are still on mushy food and shakes, I personally did not really start to feel better until I could eat real food again. Fingers crossed the fatigue passes soon!

Not yet, and yes, I am anemic but I can't take the Iron for another 3 weeks. (I do get quite a bit in the Vitamins though). Like you said, I suspect things will improve by week 6. Otherwise, I'm doing fine.

I will, during my appointment on Wed, things were a bit rushed, I'm surprised the shots weren't mentioned. I've had them before. Unfortunately this wasn't on my mind at the time.

Increase your Protein Shakes. I drank Premier Protein because they are 30 grams each. I drank 3 each day and felt great

I have been extremely fatigued as well. I am getting about 2 Protein shakes a day, however, I can hardly eat any food. Nothing agrees with me. Most foods make me sick to my stomach. I am having a really hard time. Any suggestions?

I was very fatigued the first four weeks post op. I attempt to get all my fluids and Protein in, but it was a challenge and some days I was unable to meet my goals. I just made sure I listened to my body and got plenty of naps. I also made sure when I was awake to walk frequently.

Being able to meet your nutritional and Fluid goals become easier as your body heals. It just takes time. Remember you are not only recovering from a major surgery, but are learning how to eat and drink with your new tummy. That in itself is exhausting.

Good luck and everyday gets just a little easier.

A lot of people say they felt tired after the initial surgery. I did not, in fact I felt normal. I started exercising the 2nd day. Could have done it day one but was scared I would mess something up. I had my Sleeve Feb 20, 2015. Around March 12th, I started to get extremely tired. I mean every evening, I'm dozing and fighting sleep as I drive home. Then I started dozing and losing focus behind the wheel going to work. The tiredness has gotten a little better since I started taking Iron pills, but not by much. I admit I'm bad with the Protein, mostly because I loathe it very very much. Furthermore if I drink all the protein I'm suppose to, I would never eat food. I just wouldn't be hungry. As of now I'm only getting about 375 calories in per day. I know that's low but with the protein, I'm just not hungry and when I try to force it, I get horrible pain right between the breast and usually it will come back up. I need the protein but it's keeping me from eating. On top of the tiredness is anyone extremely cold? I'm cold all the time. I'm sleeping with my sweater and hoodie on. House temperature is between 73 and 76. This is definitely unusual for me. I'm the girl who use to walk out in the snow barefoot. Never owned a actual winter coat until this year. Well I see my doctor 4/21 hopefully he has some answers and solutions for me. If anything is useful about the tiredness, I'll share it.

A lot of people say they felt tired after the initial surgery. I did not, in fact I felt normal. I started exercising the 2nd day. Could have done it day one but was scared I would mess something up. I had my Sleeve Feb 20, 2015. Around March 12th, I started to get extremely tired. I mean every evening, I'm dozing and fighting sleep as I drive home. Then I started dozing and losing focus behind the wheel going to work. The tiredness has gotten a little better since I started taking Iron pills, but not by much. I admit I'm bad with the Protein, mostly because I loathe it very very much. Furthermore if I drink all the protein I'm suppose to, I would never eat food. I just wouldn't be hungry. As of now I'm only getting about 375 calories in per day. I know that's low but with the protein, I'm just not hungry and when I try to force it, I get horrible pain right between the breast and usually it will come back up. I need the protein but it's keeping me from eating. On top of the tiredness is anyone extremely cold? I'm cold all the time. I'm sleeping with my sweater and hoodie on. House temperature is between 73 and 76. This is definitely unusual for me. I'm the girl who use to walk out in the snow barefoot. Never owned a actual winter coat until this year. Well I see my doctor 4/21 hopefully he has some answers and solutions for me. If anything is useful about the tiredness, I'll share it.

I've heard the cold is normal. Keep us posted. Yes, the Protein Shakes are not tolerable. I did buy some Syntrax Nectar fruit flavors and doctored them up with sugar free syrups. (Recipes online) I hit 57 grams of protein today, the best I've done so far. I'm curious to see what you find out. I'm averaging just under 400 calories too. As far as that pain goes, I get the same pain when introducing slightly more firm food.