Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BariatricPal is no longer affiliated or recommending Dr. Mario Almanza

Wow! I to was making plans to have this Dr, perform my surgery because he's so affordable....any suggestions? Thanks

There was a partnership with Dr Lopez Corvala. Why did that end? I want to have surgery in a full fledged hospital rather than an outpatient center. Also Dr Corvala has extensive relationships internationally with bariatric research groups and sits on the international board having conducted research in addition to his hands on experience.

I sound like a sales person for him practically, but I've just done my research and feel he's the best option for me. I'd really like to book through and have the assistance of Bariatric pal though! Pea it look like the relationship will start again?? Thanks

Did you end up having surgery with Dr. Corvala? If so, how did everything go?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

I have not been contacted about this development. I am scheduled with him next month. I'm trying to remain calm and not fly off the handle here … uhhhh but I'm freaking out right now.

I used Dr Almanza with no issues

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

Go buy a lottery ticket!

I have not been contacted about this development. I am scheduled with him next month. I'm trying to remain calm and not fly off the handle here … uhhhh but I'm freaking out right now.

I used Dr Almanza with no issues

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

Go buy a lottery ticket!

Haha! My thoughts exactly!

At BariatricPal, we are committed that our patients receive the most comprehensive and complete care for Pre-op and Post-Op follow-Up care.
All of our Bariatric surgeon partners have to follow BariatricPal's strict patient care and follow-up guidelines. We have these guidelines in place to ensure your safe and professional medical care.
It is our guarantee that you will receive personal care from your surgeon as well as all medical protocols required to assure your weight loss surgery and recovery before you return to the US or Canada.
Upon reinspection of the facilities and medical protocols with Dr. Mario Almanza and Hospital de La Mujer y el Nino we are not able to continue our Relationship with Dr Mario Almanza.

Oh I see. You just want people to go to your facilities. I can see through this. I will permanently leave this site and go to my doctor. You still have nit proven anything but you use propaganda and half truths to get business. Definitely not a doctor I want. Good riddance!

You're very lucky! One night in the hospital and having our patients walking around with drains was a dealbreaker for us.
I received an email this morning from one of the coordinators that worked for Dr. Almanza for many many years (I'm quoting her!)
"He is scum of the earth. Doesn't care a thing about the patients. Only money. I went to X (redacted for privacy purposes) and almanza about the deaths and critically ill patients and they didn't care. 15-21 surgeries a day they're doing over there. Sometimes 2 at a time in the OR it's messed up over there."

One person. Proves what? How dare you. You probably made that up. I think you are lying.

i understand if a company doesnt want to work w him but i had no problems and i understood everything he told us in English.... and im a nurse ????

This guy is trying to steal his business. He cannot back anything up.

I wasn't aware that there was any official relationship between BariatricPal and Dr. Almanza, but I am glad of this change. I know there are many patients of Dr. Almanza on these forums who have had good experiences and been very successful with their surgeries, but the percentages of complications and negative stories have been concerning.

I believe he is a good doctor. I haven’t seen good supporting evidence. Quoting someone can be made up. Especially with no name of who said it. I think someone wants patients.

scary stuff being posted here.
My question how do you verify - one angry patient or employee, can start an online media frenzy.
I'm not defending, just wondering... how you really know.
I'm guessing people with bad experiences no matter the doctor do not post here.

The quote of one angry nurse is probably made up. I cannot find bad reviews except that one Made up quote

So I was told that because I put my life in the hands of God and follow instructions of the doctor that I am ridiculous. There are so evil people in this forum that are far more dangerous than any doctor.

So I was told that because I put my life in the hands of God and follow instructions of the doctor that I am ridiculous. There are so evil people in this forum that are far more dangerous than any doctor.

Actually, the only dangerous person I see on here is you. Go to who you want to. But there is more than enough proof that this doctor does not care about his patients. Just because you are one of the very few who are ok is not proof that he is a good doctor.