Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone have any regrets that they had the sleeve done? I'm approaching my date for surgery and I'm getting nervous. I'm excited, but worried. Mixture of emotions.

My only sleeve-related regret is that I waited so long to have it done. I'm not at goal yet, but I'm loving life more than I ever have before.

Getting the VSG procedure I have no regrets, my life has been positive since.

Not getting sleeved a few years back, then yes.

I am just over 5 weeks postop. The pain in my knees is all but gone, I no longer snore, my clothes are getting loose. No. No regrets.

Zero. Other than why did I wait so long?

Zero. Other than why did I wait so long?

On Monday I will be 2 weeks out...it's been tough (I want to eat REAL food lol) but I have no regrets except what everyone else has said..why did I wait so long? I have lost 25lbs total since my 1st visit pre-op with my surgeon thanks to the 3 wk liquid pre-op Optifast diet and 2 week liquid diet post-op. I know I have only to watch the lbs fall off and enjoy new energy, shopping for clothes, better health (goodbye back pain, knee pain, etc) and spending more time with my kids while they're young and we can do fun active things. Good luck with your decision..it's only one you can make.

In the first couple of weeks post-op, I definitely had some regrets, because I was so miserable and questioning if I'd ever feel normal again. Now, 7.5 months out, definitely NO REGRETS!

PS: I started feeling pretty normal again once I was allowed solid foods at 40 days post-op.

The first few weeks I read about how everyone said that their only regret was waiting so long to have it done and I was like, BS, this stinks! Haha, 19 months post-op I am now on the same boat as them. I have zero regrets and while I got "lucky" in that my sleeve has zero tolerance for fats, sugar, and a good portion of food, ultimately I am at goal weight, I'm healthy, and there is no way I could have gotten here without surgical intervention.

I can 100% say, while I questioned my decision initially, I would go back and have the sleeve procedure done all over again, every day.

If anyone would have told me a year ago that today I would be walking 7.12 miles and do beginner yoga for 1 1/2 hours and it's not even 6 pm...I would have been dead from the overexertion of laughing to death.

My sleeve saved my life. My hugh 53" belly and extra 100 pounds was the equivalent of wearing a pony for a belt.

I've watched hundreds of videos and read thousands of posts. What I've seen as the two biggest regrets, seem to stem from folks who didn't understand the purpose of the surgery. I came up with these with zero scientific method and a huge use of generalizing about people. :)

• "I don't know what to eat. I think more about food more now than before surgery." These folks didn't learn what foods fit in with their post-op life and basically try to find it all in prepackaged food, Protein bars, Protein shakes, or a baked Protein with zero spices. The more comfortable you are in the kitchen, the more you know what you're putting in your body and the more variety you can create. Do you have to learn how to cook? Nope...but I can whip up 4-5 different chicken dinners in the time it takes you to find one decent chicken fast food dinner of the same nutritional quality as what I'm cooking.
  • "I'm still hungry all the time!" This the quote from people who somehow overlooked that the sleeve is a tool and would not solve head hunger. Hundreds of us have spoken about head hunger and how important it is to try and start working on it pre-op. These are the same people who say, "If I could diet pre-op, I wouldn't need the surgery." As many wise people have said, "They aren't operating between your ears."

None whatsoever! There are challenges but it's worth every minute!!

No regrets. I love my new self.