Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastics: Before & After (post your pics here!)

Who did you decide on using?

@@NewSetOfCurves

It depends on what procedure. Breast augmentation and reduction seem to be faster recoveries. However, from what I have read and heard from others, the recovery for things like the Tummy Tuck, lower body lift or thigh lift can range anywhere from 4-6 weeks before you are comfortable enough to return to work. Some, whom have sitting jobs, have claimed to have returned after 3 weeks. It is a full 3 months to complete recovery, and about 6 months to see final results due to continued swelling. Again, my plastics are not until June 9th, but this is from my doctor and from reading others personal experiences. Total cost for my surgery--which includes the lower body lift, tummy tuck, spiral thigh lift and breast augmentation--is $21k. This includes doctor fees, hospital fees, care facility 3 day/2 night post-op care, and all post-op visits. My doctor has 25 years experience, 15 years specializing in post massive weight loss surgery. It is imperative that you find a doctor that is experienced in post massive weight loss. Our body and skin is not like somebody seeking a mommy makeover.

He did an awesome job on your butt lift. But how in the world did he get so much improvement in your thighs without doing a thigh lift? The backs and inner thighs in the after photo look vastly improved!!!

@@AZDee

Here are a few of my before and after Plastic Surgery. I didn't take too many photos before...attachicon.gifuserimage-213988 (2).jpgattachicon.gifuserimage-213987 (2).jpgattachicon.gifPicMonkey Collage.jpgattachicon.gifpicmonkey_image (2).jpgattachicon.gifIMAG1382.jpg Not too bad for a 60 year old lady! and Newsetofcurves you are going to love your results! Dr Peter Fisher is amazing...he will be doing my long thigh lift later this summer...can't wait!

I also had the BBL where he took the attached back flaps (the love handles) that were still attached to the blood source and inserted them into the butt...He also did the groin thigh lift which turned out not to be enough to fix my thighs. Then over the course of the year as the butt implants settled deep into the butt, they started to push on the already too large saddle bags. So now I pretty much look deformed with smaller hips (thanks to the LBL) then the huge saddle bags...IT turns out I did not get any Lipo to the saddle bags due to my age being over 50. So Dr Fisher who determines your ability for surgery to your physical being rather than your number age, will be doing the long thigh lift as well as the lipo to the saddle bags!

@@AZDee you look AMAZING!!! Congrats on your fabulous results!!!

@@My Bariatric Life, I am going with Dr. Peter Fisher from San Antonio. He has 25 years experience in the field and 15 years specializing in post massive weight loss corrective surgery. I think it is so important to go with a doctor who is experienced with MWL patients because it takes a different set skills to work with our bodies. I am--at this point--extremely happy with him. I like what I have seen of his work, he has a great reputation, comes highly recommended, and he has VERY AFFORDABLE prices. When talking to him, he seems genuinely passionate about what he does: "helping weight loss patients complete their journey...achieve their dreams."

@@NewSetOfCurves

Oh yes I know Dr. Fisher and I believe he is very good. In fact I often recommend him. But I don't recall him being very affordable. May I ask what you are having done and cost? Not that price is the most important consideration but I am curious because maybe I have a misperception. I look forward to your surgery updates and believe you have chosen very well! Good luck on this amazing journey!

Updated -- oops, never mind, I see you have already answered this:

Total cost for my surgery--which includes the lower body lift, Tummy Tuck, spiral thigh lift and breast augmentation--is $21k. This includes doctor fees, hospital fees, care facility 3 day/2 night post-op care, and all post-op visits.

Edited by My Bariatric Life

In 24hrs these DDD will be gone , im getiing a small B cup &im soo excited i dont know what to do with myself except prepare things at waist level to prevent reaching/bending .

Im home from reduction surgery (yesterday ) got home late, anesthesia has wotn off now experienceing some pain but jot very bad ,ive only taken pain medication 3 times since yesterday which is great. I should have done this yrs ago,it feels like 50lbs off my chest no more shoulder pain i noticed that immediately

Im home from reduction surgery (yesterday ) got home late, anesthesia has wotn off now experienceing some pain but jot very bad ,ive only taken pain medication 3 times since yesterday which is great. I should have done this yrs ago,it feels like 50lbs off my chest no more shoulder pain i noticed that immediately

congratulations, and I'm glad it went well. Enjoy the new view! ????

Thanks,i feel like i lost another 50lbs gone but only a breast reduction. Im in Heave! !!

Your surgeon may supply you with garments, but you also may be able to save some money by getting them yourself.

You will need a surgical bra, ideally one with a band that goes across the top of your boobs to hold them down. And obviously one that hooks in the front. Something very sturdy with several hooks. Something like this:

http://www.hourglassangel.com/marena-surgical-bra-with-built-in-implant-stabilizer-by-comfortwear-b-isb/?c3ch=PLA&c3nid=B/ISB-Beige-L&gclid=CN246-yCjcUCFaRi7AodzjQARw

Not advocating that specific bra or brand, mind you, just that style. You can also buy the stabilizer band separate, but when I did that I found that it moved around a lot. Having it actually attached to the bra was a better design.

With everything you're having done at once, you'll need pretty much a full body compression garment, or one that at least goes down to your knees or capri length. I had Lipo in my calves, so mine went all the way to my ankles. I HIGHLY recommend something that has fasteners all the way down the sides. My first garment went on kind of like pants and then only had fasteners from about my hips up. It was IMPOSSIBLE to get into and out of. It was literally a 3-person job getting me into that thing! When I got a lighter garment a few weeks post-op, I got one where the fasteners went all the way down to my knees and it was MUCH easier. Make sure you get one with a very large whole in the private region that you can put your underwear on over top of. That way you only have to take down your underwear to use the bathroom, not the whole garment. Oh! Get one that has shoulder straps so you don't have to worry about it sliding down.

Something like this maybe: http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=10013

Make sure you ask your surgeon about whether they think you should get something that goes below the knee. I think the type of thigh lift you are having doesn't have the incision down the inside of the inner thigh, right? If not, then knee length is probably fine.

For sizing, you want/need it to be TIGHT, but remember, there will be a lot of swelling.

I will have to check to see if they deliver to my country

Anyone having breast reduction /lift i have found that large nursing pads we ork wondersinside surgical bra &nipple areas ,i bought (NUK )brand gor $6 at Walmart get the (large ) they cover lots more plus i lined inner perimeter where incision was madekeeps from becoming irritation/itching.

post-198552-14327763106623_thumb.jpg

post-198552-14327763665353_thumb.jpg post-198552-1432776390611_thumb.jpg

post-198552-14327764304302_thumb.jpg