Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is the big day

I've been fine this whole journey (psych eval,special test and etc) but when I dropped off my son at my parents he's 3 it finally hit me I'm having surgery today at 11am and I'm so nervous not nervous because of the recovery but nervous that it will take me a while before I can pick up my toddler and that is killing me even though he's pretty independant for a 3 Yr old he still likes me to carry him like a baby to his bed im just a ball of emotions right now

I've been fine this whole journey (psych eval,special test and etc) but when I dropped off my son at my parents he's 3 it finally hit me I'm having surgery today at 11am and I'm so nervous not nervous because of the recovery but nervous that it will take me a while before I can pick up my toddler and that is killing me even though he's pretty independant for a 3 Yr old he still likes me to carry him like a baby to his bed im just a ball of emotions right now

I hope everything goes perfect for you today ???????? prayers sent for a speedy recovery ???? my surgery is the 5th of May and I have a 4yr old, and it's the same with me .. I hope we both have it easy..

thank you so much I really appreciate it and I will have you in my prayers as well ????

Edited by jacobsmom

It sounds like jitters are hitting. I'm going to be the same way, I'm sure.

You'll be back with him in no time.

Let us know how it's going.

Good thoughts and all that, ok!

thank you so much I really appreciate it and I will have you in my prayers as well ????

Thank you ????❤️ I'm currently trying to think of questions to ask the surgeon this morning at my pre-op appointment. Any suggestions?

Good luck ....see u on the sleeved side.

Good luck ....see u on the sleeved side.

thank you see you then :) only a few hrs away at 11

Prayers. Am sure you are in good hands. My surgery April 29th and have to travel out of state. Will missy 12 year old daughter but am really looking forward to being around for her !

Hi how are you doing? I hope you are comfortable and are recovering nicely :)

Hi how are you doing? I hope you are comfortable and are recovering nicely :)

hey I'm doing pretty good thank you for asking other then urinating every hr because of the iv I walked 2 hrs after surgery and walked all day yesterday. I'm home now and I'm still in a little pain but no nausea and no throwing up blood thank god

Prayers. Am sure you are in good hands. My surgery April 29th and have to travel out of state. Will missy 12 year old daughter but am really looking forward to being around for her !

im sending prayers your way too may you have a fast recovery and successful surgery so you can get back to your 12 year old baby :)

It sounds like jitters are hitting. I'm going to be the same way, I'm sure.

You'll be back with him in no time.

Let us know how it's going.

Good thoughts and all that, ok!

yes I had the jitters even when they were rolling me in I'm catholic I must of said like 40 our fathers and 40 Mary's lol but it helped me feel comfortable and I knew everything would be fine now I'm home comfortable in a little pain but nothing Percocet can't take away thank you :)

How has recovery been?

hey I'm doing pretty good thank god! My doctor said I could start off soft foods this weekend so I'm adjusting to that. So far so good I just have to get used to taking smaller bites and no big gulps because then I start balling with a tummy ache. Ty for asking how are you doing?

My surgery is scheduled May 5th, single mom of 3 youngest 6 years old, and I'm praying so much for surgery to go well! I'm scared like I can't sleep thinking what if! Reading your experiences really helps! Thank you