Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got the "approval" call this morning!

I never thought it would happen this quick! 2 weeks ago exactly I was sitting in the Doctors office waiting for my final visit and to have my insurance go through. Today I got the BEST call from Kelly at the office saying I was approved and to be ready for surgery in less then 2 weeks! April 23rd is the surgery date and I am nervous and excited all at the same time! I will go in for my pre surgery appointment this Thursday and have a 5 day clear liquid diet to begin this coming weekend.

I have a one night stay in the hospital so I will be out Friday sometime. I am a single mom and my 3 year old daughter was asked to be a flower girl in a wedding that is April 25th....how much pain do you think I will be in or am i crazy to even think I will be attending this wedding 2 days after surgery??? I also have to have her at the rehearsal on friday night the day after my surgery...am i crazy??I had a c-section and know how painful it is, but I also know I was up and walking the day I had it.

The pain is individual. You won't know until after the surgery. It might not be pain as much as being depleted of energy. Have someone with you in case you get faint, let them in on it, so they can be prepared. Have your liquids with you at all times, so you can get it into you. Try not to overdo, and SORRY, no cake!

OH! And congrats on having the surgery!

Thanks! I am planning on leaving after my daughter gets announced to walk in at the beginning of the reception...no staying for dinner, drinks and Desserts for me lol

Just make sure your Doctor ok's it, though, you may have a surprise-hernia repair, like I did, which kept me in the hospital 3 days. You just never know, so have a game-plan ready. Have fun at the wedding!

Good Luck Mary- You really have moved through the process quickly. I am in Ohio- my surgery is May 4th. I started the process in Dec.

We are similar in (lack of) height and weight.

I hope to see your posts with all your progress.

the mams

post-247461-0-00690400-1428940627_thumb.jpg

I never thought it would happen this quick! 2 weeks ago exactly I was sitting in the Doctors office waiting for my final visit and to have my insurance go through. Today I got the BEST call from Kelly at the office saying I was approved and to be ready for surgery in less then 2 weeks! April 23rd is the surgery date and I am nervous and excited all at the same time! I will go in for my pre surgery appointment this Thursday and have a 5 day clear liquid diet to begin this coming weekend.

I have a one night stay in the hospital so I will be out Friday sometime. I am a single mom and my 3 year old daughter was asked to be a flower girl in a wedding that is April 25th....how much pain do you think I will be in or am i crazy to even think I will be attending this wedding 2 days after surgery??? I also have to have her at the rehearsal on friday night the day after my surgery...am i crazy??I had a c-section and know how painful it is, but I also know I was up and walking the day I had it.

Congratulations ????????????????

I got my call this past Friday, so I'm still on the same high of good news as you ????

Good luck with the wedding stuff, hopefully it goes as you plan.. I'd think if you were up walking around after C-section you'd be ok with this. But obviously I'm not a Dr. Lol

Thanks! Congrats to you too!

Congratulations on your surgery! Please be very careful with your recovery. Even though the recovery can be fairly quick, it's still a major surgery and you may have to put a few things in life aside for the sake of your health.

Best of luck on your surgery and sleeved life!

Its hard to say if you will be ready or not, so I would recommend having a back up plan in case you are not out of the hospital yet. I wasn't discharged until around 6pm. If thats the case, you will probably miss the rehearsal dinner. You also probably won't be able to drive so make sure there is someone that can do that. Moms are strong so if you are out of the hospital, you will probably be ok for the wedding, but don't over do it.