Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Remember BMI is not always acurate. Anybody that has muscle mass will be considered obese. The Rock is 6'5" 260+lbs which makes his BMI roughly 31, I don't think anyone will think he is obese!

Bmi is not the number you should concentrate on, what is more important is body fat. Also look at how the ratio of body fat to muscle mass equates.

I started in a tight 18, which was the biggest size I had and I refused to buy any bigger. I am now in a variety of sizes, lol. In shirts I am an extra small or small. In running tights I am a medium in Nike and Under Armour, but a small that is kind of loose in most other brands. In dresses, good gosh, I run anywhere from a 2 to an 8. My most recent happiness is that I can squeeze into a size 2 in American Eagle pair of jeans and the 4's fit me comfortably. In an ideal world I would like to lose 10 more pounds and squeeze my butt into a size 0 in those jeans. I don't really care if that size 0 is absolutely busting at the seams, but it would be something I would be proud of. :)

At over 240 lbs, I was up to size 4X/28W in tops and dresses, and size 1X or 2X skirts and slacks. Now, depending on the brand, I'm wearing mostly 8's and mediums (and some smalls) in tops and dresses and size 4 or 6 slacks and skirts. The other day I tried on a size small skirt and it was too big. I have tons of cute clothes in the sizes between XL and small. I should start altering them.

Reading this, figuring dress size is a bit misleading. I have a lower BMI than some of these 'size 4s' but I couldn't squeeze my wide rear and childbearing hips into a size 10 if my life depended on it. I wear a loose 14, down from a tight 16

I find myself feeling a bit defensive LOL since you put size 4's in quotes! I guarantee you I am a 4 in almost everything I pull off the rack any brand. Want me to send pic of the labels? Jk mostly but feeling a bit hurt!

Sorry I wasn't trying to attack anyone, just a tad suspicious..I believe you I believe you, maybe I am just jealous of y'all size 4 skinny biatches

I started out in a very tight 34. I am down about 150 lbs from highest weight last October and I just tried on a 26 pair of pants at the Avenue last week and they fit, but I didn't buy them. I am hesitant to buy clothes unless I absolutely need them! Luckily a huge number of my work pants were those stretchy boot cut ponte pants so I can still wear those, I just need to hem them! I think I might go ahead and buy a few pairs of 24s in those, and then hopefully once I get down to a 24 I can wear those for a long time too! Probably not as long as I have made these 34s last though!

Shirts are another story. I have no real clue what I wear because shirts vary so much from store to store. Something that's a 2x in one store is as big as a 4x in another store! I will say that I have really narrow shoulders and a big belly so that makes buying shirts, erm... complicated? Haha. Sometimes a shirt won't fit around the middle so I have to go up a size, but then it is practically falling off my shoulders! I hope this ratio will even out over time!!

I currently am at a 16-20 pants depending on the type of material or brand because we all know some clothing can run small and vice versa. My tops are between xl to 2x, again depending on the type. Started the pre-op diet on Monday the 20th and surgery on May 4th! Will come and post in a month to see our stats!! Wishing everyone well!

Edited by Ms. Kay's New Life