Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone,

I just got my revised surgery date (yea) its going to be on April 27th. The doctor is taking out my band and making a sleeve in one surgery. I have a high BMI 50. I am 53 years old and praying for success this time.

I have so many questions.

Like does the sleeve make you feel full when you eat?

Does food get stuck and you have to vomit when you eat the wrong thing our eat to fast?

I always if felt like I could eat more with the band but made my self stop.

What do you eat on a average day after you have recovered?

What does your stomach feel like now after surgery? Does it feel like your normal stomach did before your surgery?

If you have any thing you would like to share about yourself and your journey with the sleeve surgery I would love to here about it.

Thank you so much! :)

Hello, sorry I don't have an answer to your question as I haven't had revision yet. I have a consult on Tuesday. Can I ask how long from your first appointment to surgery? Did you have to do the whole process over again?

Edited by Adriej

I did not have a revision, but I did get my sleeve done march 11, it is great! Yes you can eat too fast and have the stuck feeling, yes you can eat and vomit also! The thing is that you are not starving or so hungry that you want to "shove it in" at least not me. I no longer live to eat I now eat to live! My mother has the band and she struggles daily with it, she is still hungry, because of course they do not remove the hunger hormone when they do the band, but with the sleeve a lot of those hunger hormones are removed thus for you are not hungry all the time! I do feel full after just a few bites of food and I stop. I do not feel that my stomach feels any different, just that it's sore inside from surgery, I had mine sewn done inside because of other reasons so I am just a little sore. Just don't eat too big of bites and chew your food and stop when your new tummy tells you to and you will do great! liquids liquids liquids and then soft liquids and then eggs, tuna, cottage cheese , yogurt, cheese, some moist chicken ground turkey meat, deli meats, plus every doctor is different!! Good luck

The sleeve did kind of reset my ability to feel full. I am much more careful to listen to my body and I keep the full feeling for longer. Yesterday I ate dinner and felt full for about an hour afterwards and didn't feel hungry again at all. I used to never really feel full and if I did I could eat again within the hour easily, always looking for the next thing.

I have never vomited due to anything I ate. I dry heaved once while I was sick and coughing way too much.

After recovery, I now eat all meats/cheese/nuts. Eventually I'll be able to add in vegetables, but for now I need the space for Protein. I usually do a couple of cheese sticks for Breakfast, a premier Protein shake for lunch (convenient for work), some chicken or other meat for dinner, and some bacon and unsalted roasted peanuts in the shell for "second dinner".

My stomach doesn't feel any different except I get full a lot faster and I don't get the hungry feeling as often.

It has changed how I do business in my life. I'm very careful to track everything I eat in MFP, and I make my food decisions based on my Protein count for the day. I literally only eat meat, cheese, and nuts (along with some various mustards and vinaigrettes). My carbs are usually under 20, although if I eat a premier Protein Bar, it can be as high as 45. I don't just "go with the flow" with food anymore. I preplan what I'm going to have with me if I go out for the day (always Water, sometimes a protein snack/meal). If we're going out to dinner I look up a menu/nutrition info and choose before I leave the house. I exercise every day and am determined to get the most out of my honeymoon period as possible. I plan on always tracking in MFP, exercising, and planning meals. The main thing I think will change when I'm at goal is that my balance of protein and carbs will be a little different when I can eat more calories- although I'll definitely be talking to my NUT when that time comes.

Good luck to you!

Edited by sweetie716