Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd fill "no able to add any fluid to band"

well ,yesterday was suppose to be my 2nd fill and like the first time the doctor had a real hard time getting the niddle in my port since the port flipped. FIRST TIME WAS SO PAINFULL.

AFTER A FEW ATTEMPTS ND NOW WAS THE SAME ,I TOLD THE DOCTOR TO STOP.I WAS SO DESSAPOINTED .IN TWO WEEKS I HAVE TO GO BACK FOR 3RD ATTEMPT BUT THIS TIME I ASK THE DOCTOR IF HE CAN DO LOCAL ANESTHESIA SO DONT FEEL THAT POCKING AROUND AND TRYING TO GET THE NIDDLE INSIDE THE PORT...

SINCE MY BAND IN JANUARY ,I HAVE LOST 50 LBS WITHOUT ANY HELP FROM THE BAND SINCE I ONLY HAVE 3CC OF liquid AND LOST A TOTAL OF 75 LBS SINCE OCTOBER UNTIL NOW,GREAT FEELING....

I had my first fill today and my doctor automatically does it under local anesthesia... Thought this was normal? Good luck☺

I have never had a fill without the anesthesia too painful....good luck

Ok ,still not able to get another fill 2 weeks ago.right now all I have is 3cc.i feel really good about my results so far.Since my surgery in jan I,2015 my weight was 325 but original weight in October was 375lbs and today the scale reach 299lbs , the last time I weight 299 was over 15 years ago.i don't feel any restriction at all and no problems.During my last visit the doctor told me that I should wait for a fill since I being loosing weight without any problems.i have to give my wife 100% since she is the one really making this happen....

Are you hungry all the time? or does the fill you have make eating small meals 3x per day satisfying? If you aren't hungry maybe the fill you have is all you need for now. I've heard of some people not needing any. their stomach seems to just sense the band and not need any further tightening to get rid of the constant hunger sensation. Hope you continue to do well. Sounds like you are doing great.

Not hungry at all but I notice is all on your mind and habits.Some times because I see something to eat "like a burger " I want to have bite but I know I'm not hungry.I drink Water, no more sodas and I used to drink a lot pop,I also don't missed the taste.i did switch from regular break to wheat bread...I don't measure the food because I'm learning to understand how to eat healthy and make the right choice.im not junk food lover neither.i eat for Breakfast cottage cheese with banana, blueberry,raspberry,some times eggs "scrambled" bread but there is one thing that I will never stop drinking is a great cup of coffee "fresh ground beans"..Around noon salads or few pieces of pizza remember is quality not quantity.Sometimes fruit or yogurt.Around 3 pm I might eat few pieces of cheese with crackers.Dinner anything my wife cook and remember quality not quantity...I'm not an expert but I see that my success depends on how to make the choices.I will not go hungry,I keep telling people "I'm not in a diet,Im eating better."I still have to make time to do exercise and I want to enjoy it too.All in good time.

Edited by angelf13

Never had a fill with anesthesia. Pain free and never a problem