Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

????Any May Gastric Bypass peeps????

Today is first time I've weighed myself and didn't have a loss.

I'm 4 months post op and have lost every week since surgery. But not this week. Uh-oh is what I'm thinking, and panic is setting in.

Why didn't I lose ? What did I do different? Is this it , now back to the old struggles? Of course I am not able to eat large amounts of food but my appetite is slowly returning and that really scares the you know what out of me.

This thread has been really quiet , hope everyone is well.

My surgery was end of April. Among my April buddies some of us are experiencing the same thing in month 4. I am watching my Protein, Water and making sure bad habits haven't slipped in there, but kind of thinking my body is just trying to catch up to what I am doing to it. My scale did begin moving again a few days ago but then bloating from period today :(

http://healingafterbariatricsurgery.com/ Hey guys it's Jaysen here.. I'm just checkiing in to say hi and to wish you May Peeps a Happy Labor Day... That link is to my new weight loss surgery blog.. Please go check it out and share.. And if anyone is interested in guest blogging or telling their story please inbox me.. I'd love to hear from ya...And 4 months in and down 111 lbs now.. Whoop Whoop!!!!!

Edited by Salonboi

I'm 4 months post op and have lost every week since surgery. But not this week. Uh-oh is what I'm thinking, and panic is setting in.

Why didn't I lose ? What did I do different? Is this it , now back to the old struggles? Of course I am not able to eat large amounts of food but my appetite is slowly returning and that really scares the you know what out of me.

@@nancynew, I can relate to your struggle, for sure. i think around the 14th week i had a stall. It totally freaked me out, as you have related. I increased my workouts in panic. The next week I had a double loss. In hindsite I truly doubt that the loss was workout related, and more a stage my body was going through.

@@Salonboi, Jaysen, you are doing so fantastic! 111lbs, WOW! Congrats on your continued hardwork paying off.

As for me, I am down into the "overweight bmi's" can't believe I'm no longer obese? Im the smallest Ive been in years, even wearing a size 10. Seems crazy.

But, I have been truly suffering in agony and pain for about 12 hours now. I think the root cause is my own stupidity, in eating 3/4 of an orange yesterday. I just can't think what else would cause this. It was the only thing different in my food plan yesterday. and let me tell you, I won't be making that mistake again! Praying for relief, soon.

@@nancynew, I can relate to your struggle, for sure. i think around the 14th week i had a stall. It totally freaked me out, as you have related. I increased my workouts in panic. The next week I had a double loss. In hindsite I truly doubt that the loss was workout related, and more a stage my body was going through.

@@Salonboi, Jaysen, you are doing so fantastic! 111lbs, WOW! Congrats on your continued hardwork paying off.

As for me, I am down into the "overweight bmi's" can't believe I'm no longer obese? Im the smallest Ive been in years, even wearing a size 10. Seems crazy.

But, I have been truly suffering in agony and pain for about 12 hours now. I think the root cause is my own stupidity, in eating 3/4 of an orange yesterday. I just can't think what else would cause this. It was the only thing different in my food plan yesterday. and let me tell you, I won't be making that mistake again! Praying for relief, soon.

Thank you ❤️ it's definitely been a journey!!! I hope you are feeling better now!!! I've had a few moments like that, and man alive it sucks!!!! Congratulations on your loss!! Sounds like you are doing an amazing job as well!!! Glad to hear a progress report!! Did you see my new blog I started? healingafterbariatricsurgery.com and healingaftergastricbypass.com please like and share ❤️❤️❤️

I've had several stalls on my 4 month journey.. One was a two weeker ???? I've noticed if I'm in a stall, upping my calories has made a difference.. Sometimes of course lol

My 4 month surgaversary was on the 7th this month and as if like magic it seems that all of my hair is trying to flee my head! I know that this is to be expected and I had been trying to mentally prepare myself for "The Great Shed" but I am not taking this well. It is traumatizing every time I take a shower or brush my hair or even run my fingers through it!!! I got my order of Nioxin yesterday and hopefully it will help. Anyone else having this happen yet? Any tricks, hints or suggestions to maximize the amount of hair I keep on my head? Thanks all, you're the best ????

Just checking in! How are we all doing at our six month surgaversaries??? Any exciting updates? Milestones met? Hurdles leapt?

Hello ALL!! I have not been on here in forever I hope everyone is well. I had bypass on May 27th (so not quite 6 months ago) and things have been going good. I've been losing slow but steady. I've had no complications and feel great. I'll try and post a pic of my progress so far. The before pic was taken in Dec. Of 2014 and the during is a few days ago! I'm down 86 pounds and still have about another 75 to go!

post-243143-14474289821771_thumb.jpg

Edited by Martene81

Hello ALL!! I have not been on here in forever I hope everyone is well. I had bypass on May 27th (so not quite 6 months ago) and things have been going good. I've been losing slow but steady. I've had no complications and feel great. I'll try and post a pic of my progress so far. The before pic was taken in Dec. Of 2014 and the during is a few days ago! I'm down 86 pounds and still have about another 75 to go!

You look fantastic!

Long time no see bariatric brothers and sisters! Gosh it's been a wild ride these past few months! Once school started back up I was forced to give my full attention to it. I'm 6 months out (crazy)! I'm down 96 pounds! So close to the 100 pound Mark!

Anyways!

Left I was 330

Right I am 234.

I want to lose 24 more pounds but my doctors say I can stop if I want to! My life is completely changed and I'm a healthy, HAPPY 21 year old. :)

Hope everyone is well. post-253319-14482330052569_thumb.jpg

Hi all

Sorry it's been so long since I last posted. I have been doing well, too well in fact haha. I've lost over 200 lbs and my Dr wants me to stop losing and drink high calorie shakes.

So to go back, 3 week after surgery i had that contained leak and was doing better after that, then I got cdiff which was caused by all the antibiotics they gave me in the hospital. That was a pain, alot of diarrhea so they gave me more antibiotics lol and I also took Prebiotic and ate yogurt and took t ok me to get back to normal. I should say during this whole time I had no appetite at all and had to force myself to eat. The loss of appetite is caused by the cdiff. So in the beginning of September I was getting my appetite back but slowly and this is why I think I lost so much weight so fast. Also during this time my gout kicked in big time and my Dr said I could take naproxen but limited and I also take allopurinol. Well I only had taken 3 naproxen over three weeks then they changed it to celebrex. So in November I was wanting to eat more, I couldnt. I could only eat soft foods or Soup. Mr Dr ordered and upper endoscopy and found the stoma had closed half way due to the nsaids. So they were able to open it back up at the same time and boy does it feel good to be able to eat better. The Dr thinks it might be closing again and to stop the celebrex. The reason why I was still on it was the Dr said that even though it's an nsaid it delivers it in a different way than normal nsaid are in the body. But it should be an easy fix again. Anyway haha that's how I've been, not a bad time. So any good suggestions on high calorie Protein Shakes? Any questions please ask. Haha hope you all are doing well too. :)

post-233831-14527041801993_thumb.jpg

post-233831-14527042694666_thumb.jpg

Edited by cfinch70

Sorry to hear about all of your complications but at the same time congratulations on your successes!

Hi all

Sorry it's been so long since I last posted. I have been doing well, too well in fact haha. I've lost over 200 lbs and my Dr wants me to stop losing and drink high calorie shakes.

So to go back, 3 week after surgery i had that contained leak and was doing better after that, then I got cdiff which was caused by all the antibiotics they gave me in the hospital. That was a pain, alot of diarrhea so they gave me more antibiotics lol and I also took Prebiotic and ate yogurt and took t ok me to get back to normal. I should say during this whole time I had no appetite at all and had to force myself to eat. The loss of appetite is caused by the cdiff. So in the beginning of September I was getting my appetite back but slowly and this is why I think I lost so much weight so fast. Also during this time my gout kicked in big time and my Dr said I could take naproxen but limited and I also take allopurinol. Well I only had taken 3 naproxen over three weeks then they changed it to celebrex. So in November I was wanting to eat more, I couldnt. I could only eat soft foods or Soup. Mr Dr ordered and upper endoscopy and found the stoma had closed half way due to the nsaids. So they were able to open it back up at the same time and boy does it feel good to be able to eat better. The Dr thinks it might be closing again and to stop the celebrex. The reason why I was still on it was the Dr said that even though it's an nsaid it delivers it in a different way than normal nsaid are in the body. But it should be an easy fix again. Anyway haha that's how I've been, not a bad time. So any good suggestions on high calorie Protein Shakes? Any questions please ask. Haha hope you all are doing well too. :)

It's been forever since I've been on myself... So sorry you had those problems.. So glad to see such wonderful progress..

Hey May Peeps ???? just stopping by to show a picture of me the day I hit 199lbs (which was the other day)... post-242829-14539830604044_thumb.jpg

Almost 9 months ago, I would have never believed it would have happened so fast... I hope you all are having as much success.