Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

????Any May Gastric Bypass peeps????

I am still figuring out what I want. I still love shrimp, steak (but it hurts me to eat it) chicken, eggs are ok. I am sort of boring with my meals. I really only get hungry once a day and that is at dinner time. One biggie that I used to love but now don't is Water. I used to guzzle water right out of the faucet. Now, the minute amount I have to swallow to take my meds repulses me. I am ok with add-ins. Just no plain water. Sigh. I love the Protein Drinks. I think I would be fine just drinking them forever (or at least a very long time.) I don't really want to eat most days. I know I should be eating more solids but I just don't want to. I would probably lose faster, huh?

My sugar addiction is gone. I don't want most fried foods. (Chips still scream my name but I can walk away.) I am down 70 lbs from my highest weight. My surgery was May 6th. I have tons of energy and don't need as much sleep. I will work until midnight then be ready to get up by 5 or 6 am. Sooo unlike me!!!

Congrats on your loss!!!! My sugar addiction is gone to, and chips still do the same to me!! I've been doing Veggie Sticks.. attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1438688968.575938.jpg post-242829-14386889787062_thumb.jpg

I still need to speak with my NUT about them. I use as a quick snack at work, when eating isn't optimal..

Kay's Naturals is a line of Protein Snacks , pretzels etc. taste pretty good. From Amazon
I'll have to check them out!!! Thanks!! I just hope these snack type products aren't my trigger for bad stuff, creeping back in one day.. ????
Salonboi. I hear that. I have tried a few pretzels but I will say , I am not routinely snacking. I haven't had bread , Pasta, rice, etc since surgery.

We do have to be careful. Past experience has shown bad habits creep back in easily.

I've not done any of those mentioned either, and don't plan on it!!! But it does scare me at how my appetite has come back just recently. And it seems to be right around the same time I started to snack on the veggie straws. I wonder if they have anything to do with that?

It's to early for my appetite to be back! It's only been 3 month as of tomorrow!!!! I'm getting up to the 1000ish calorie range now, and that makes me so nervous. I know I should be way above that maintenance, but at 3 months!!? I find myself eating a lot of cheese lately, it's what's convenient and easy on my stomach. I'm limiting myself again, like the old way of eating. And I've gotta get back on track I feel, but I'm not really off track is the problem lol. Cray Cray sounding I know lol.

Edited by Salonboi

I'm starting to wonder, how much have I really even changed, habits wise! I mean, I know I don't eat pizza, chips and all that other crap, but just the moments I need something, I want it fast, and my options are so limited, partly due to laziness and also convenience, which really are both in the same!!! I'm exercising 3-4 times a week, and I really do love that part! I'm seeing the changes in my body for sure! But I see how the 4 people I know, who've had RNY, have all put back on the pounds. Some more than others!! And I don't want to be that person! I guess the planning ahead part hasn't been going the way it should on my part! I guess I kinda know why I'm not feeling successful in that part of the change... Hey 91lbs in 3 months isn't bad so I'll just move on from here and start planning ahead again like I did in the beginning!!!

I wish you all well and happiness on your journeys!!!

I'm starting to wonder, how much have I really even changed, habits wise! I mean, I know I don't eat pizza, chips and all that other crap, but just the moments I need something, I want it fast, and my options are so limited, partly due to laziness and also convenience, which really are both in the same!!! I'm exercising 3-4 times a week, and I really do love that part! I'm seeing the changes in my body for sure! But I see how the 4 people I know, who've had RNY, have all put back on the pounds. Some more than others!! And I don't want to be that person! I guess the planning ahead part hasn't been going the way it should on my part! I guess I kinda know why I'm not feeling successful in that part of the change... Hey 91lbs in 3 months isn't bad so I'll just move on from here and start planning ahead again like I did in the beginning!!!

91lbs in 3 months is soooooo much better than not bad... I won't have my official 3 month weight until Friday but, I am at about 60 lbs (and I am ecstatic about it!!)

I think the fact that you are analyzing what you are putting into your body means that you are on the right track, you are staying accountable and that counts for a lot! I've found recently that I need either a mid morning or late afternoon (planned) snack depending on when I take my lunch hour. But, I am prepared for that and keep healthy stuff in my desk and fridge. I just have to remind myself that this is a process and I am still new to it, I have to learn my limitations and not push them.

91lbs in 3 months is soooooo much better than not bad... I won't have my official 3 month weight until Friday but, I am at about 60 lbs (and I am ecstatic about it!!)

I think the fact that you are analyzing what you are putting into your body means that you are on the right track, you are staying accountable and that counts for a lot! I've found recently that I need either a mid morning or late afternoon (planned) snack depending on when I take my lunch hour. But, I am prepared for that and keep healthy stuff in my desk and fridge. I just have to remind myself that this is a process and I am still new to it, I have to learn my limitations and not push them.

Congratulations on your loss ???? and thank you for your response ???? it definitely is a process... And yes mid afternoon Snacks are a good idea..

We know that when we opt for this surgery it's only a tool , have to have our heads on straight too.

Ur doing so much better then OK , 90 lbs. amazing !!!

U can and will achieve ur goals.

Good days and bad, hang in.

We know that when we opt for this surgery it's only a tool , have to have our heads on straight too.

Ur doing so much better then OK , 90 lbs. amazing !!!

U can and will achieve ur goals.

Good days and bad, hang in.

Thank u ❤️ its just part of the changing process, that's it!! I'm at the beginning and know it'll continue to get better!!

This is my favorite thread!!! It is good to hear the going ons of you that are at the same stage of this huge event in all of our lives! Thank you to all who contribute and share what is going on in your journeys.

Keep sharing! I learn so much from each and every one of you ❤️

This is my favorite thread!!! It is good to hear the going ons of you that are at the same stage of this huge event in all of our lives! Thank you to all who contribute and share what is going on in your journeys.

When I started this thread I was so wanting others to reach out to, and now we've got this awesome group of people coming together, sharing their stories. The good bad and the ugly lol... I love reading what everyone posts here!! I'm glad it's so popular ????????❤️

When I started this thread I was so wanting others to reach out to, and now we've got this awesome group of people coming together, sharing their stories. The good bad and the ugly lol... I love reading what everyone posts here!! I'm glad it's so popular ????????❤️
Great people , great thread , Indeed

Hi, May Peeps! just checking in. At the three month mark, can't believe its been that long And also seems like yesterday ;) Im down 41 pounds since surgery and almost 60 lbs since my highest weight, at the surgery seminar. When I was at my six week appt. they said 30lbs was what was projected for me at three months and I am glad to be ahead of that, but 41 lbs still seems slow at times. I had to cancel/reschedule my 6mos doctor's appointment for today. It is sooooo busy at work, there was no way I could make the trip and miss a whole day at work. And truth be told, I had a hard time also getting to the lab to have my blood work done. Partially I am scared at what it may say.... I have been doing a much better job with all my Vitamins, but I am still not at perfect adherence to the plan. sometimes I miss my third Calcium chew and/or my second Multivitamin. I did add back in liquid Iron. Not sure what the results will be and I def will Have to go have the lab work done in the next 10-12 days. How is everyone else doing with their Vitamin compliance? Also, I have read the past few comments regarding snacking, and I must say that I do relate. I am afraid that I will have to start a 12step group around my consumption of Popsicles. Even if they are sugar free and low calorie, there must be a limit to how many that I "should" be able to consume in a day.. ( I am sure that there have been days when I have eaten 8) :blink:

As far as savory Snacks go, I just ordered some dried cheese snacks from Amazon, no carbs and higher in Protein. I'll let you all know how they taste, as soon as they arrive. lol

So glad we are all on this journey together!

B)

Edited by SavorySweet

Surprise!!

I just read everybody's posts and have been so happy to hear the things you all have to say!

I know I haven't been very active lately but I've been trying to juggle work and my summer classes and that's a struggle in itself!

My 3 months will be on August 11th and I can't believe how far I've come since!

I've come down from a size 22 to a size 16 in jeans and shorts:)

I bought a large dress the other day that actually FIT me!

I wear an XL in most t-shirts still but I am a-okay since I used to wear 3X :)

I am hanging out around 260 which puts me at a total weight loss of 70 pounds! This is already half of my excess in just under 3 months and that makes me so happy!

I have started having issues with snacking! But I'm also not too worried!

I attended my sisters 6 month post-op RNY appointment with her yesterday and learned a lot of valuable stuff at it :') my sister has already had to begin maintenance since she's lost more than 70% of her excess body weight! This made me super excited for her but also made me a little relieved. I was worried I wasn't losing fast enough but after hearing about how they thought she lost too much too fast made me feel better about the progress I am making!

I am so glad I have all of you in this with me :') we got this!

Edited by imjenn

Hi, May Peeps! just checking in. At the three month mark, can't believe its been that long And also seems like yesterday ;) Im down 41 pounds since surgery and almost 60 lbs since my highest weight, at the surgery seminar. When I was at my six week appt. they said 30lbs was what was projected for me at three months and I am glad to be ahead of that, but 41 lbs still seems slow at times. I had to cancel/reschedule my 6mos doctor's appointment for today. It is sooooo busy at work, there was no way I could make the trip and miss a whole day at work. And truth be told, I had a hard time also getting to the lab to have my blood work done. Partially I am scared at what it may say.... I have been doing a much better job with all my Vitamins, but I am still not at perfect adherence to the plan. sometimes I miss my third Calcium chew and/or my second Multivitamin. I did add back in liquid Iron. Not sure what the results will be and I def will Have to go have the lab work done in the next 10-12 days. How is everyone else doing with their Vitamin compliance? Also, I have read the past few comments regarding snacking, and I must say that I do relate. I am afraid that I will have to start a 12step group around my consumption of Popsicles. Even if they are sugar free and low calorie, there must be a limit to how many that I "should" be able to consume in a day.. ( I am sure that there have been days when I have eaten 8) :blink:

As far as savory Snacks go, I just ordered some dried cheese snacks from Amazon, no carbs and higher in Protein. I'll let you all know how they taste, as soon as they arrive. lol

My nurse told me I could have a whole box of sugar-free Popsicles if I wanted ????. It's the same as having Crystal Light or something like that. Hope the cheese snacks are good... Definitely let us know!

I'm definitely doing good on taking vitamins, I do sometimes forget that 3rd dose of my calcium powder, mainly because of being at work late. I set my alarm, but a client is usually sitting in my chair and I can't step away!! And I totally lol'd on the Popsicle thing lol... Hi my name is Jaysen, and I'm a sugar free Popsicle addict!!! I totally can eat that many!!!

Edited by Salonboi

Surprise!!

I just read everybody's posts and have been so happy to hear the things you all have to say!

I know I haven't been very active lately but I've been trying to juggle work and my summer classes and that's a struggle in itself!

My 3 months will be on August 11th and I can't believe how far I've come since!

I've come down from a size 22 to a size 16 in jeans and shorts:)

I bought a large dress the other day that actually FIT me!

I wear an XL in most t-shirts still but I am a-okay since I used to wear 3X :)

I am hanging out around 260 which puts me at a total weight loss of 70 pounds! This is already half of my excess in just under 3 months and that makes me so happy!

I have started having issues with snacking! But I'm also not too worried!

I attended my sisters 6 month post-op RNY appointment with her yesterday and learned a lot of valuable stuff at it :') my sister has already had to begin maintenance since she's lost more than 70% of her excess body weight! This made me super excited for her but also made me a little relieved. I was worried I wasn't losing fast enough but after hearing about how they thought she lost too much too fast made me feel better about the progress I am making!

I am so glad I have all of you in this with me :') we got this!

So excited for your progress!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Good luck with all the juggling, I think for most of us, it's been the same thing!!! LIFE!!!! Lol we all are doing so well!!! Like really good!! And I can't believe it's been 3 months for me as of yesterday.. Just crazy!!

Edited by Salonboi