Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

????Any May Gastric Bypass peeps????

Hi May Peeps! Can't believe that today I am 11 weeks post op, Sometimes it feels like my pre-op life was a lifetime ago. The process seems slow and tedious, yet when I actually type 11 weeks I am able to be a bit gentler with myself. I so wish that the process could involve more immediate gratification... lol I guess I'll never grow up. The past week has been difficult. I own a cafe, we are open 6am to 10-11pm daily, and I am around lots of food all day. Also we are entering peak tourist season, and I have been having to spend 10-15 hours a day working in a very hot kitchen. It has left little time or energy for exercise/walking. I don't want to waste this early post surgery time and am feeling a bit frustrated with my life. I would so much rather to be able to walk 90 minutes a day and spend more time paying attention to this part of my journey. The season here lasts several more weeks, and I am hoping that I will be able to find balance in my life again. So far I've lost 51lbs since I've started this journey and 37lbs since surgery.

Hi May Peeps! Can't believe that today I am 11 weeks post op, Sometimes it feels like my pre-op life was a lifetime ago. The process seems slow and tedious, yet when I actually type 11 weeks I am able to be a bit gentler with myself. I so wish that the process could involve more immediate gratification... lol I guess I'll never grow up. The past week has been difficult. I own a cafe, we are open 6am to 10-11pm daily, and I am around lots of food all day. Also we are entering peak tourist season, and I have been having to spend 10-15 hours a day working in a very hot kitchen. It has left little time or energy for exercise/walking. I don't want to waste this early post surgery time and am feeling a bit frustrated with my life. I would so much rather to be able to walk 90 minutes a day and spend more time paying attention to this part of my journey. The season here lasts several more weeks, and I am hoping that I will be able to find balance in my life again. So far I've lost 51lbs since I've started this journey and 37lbs since surgery.

Sounds like you are doing amazing!!!!! I'm sure the calories you are burning in that hot kitchen is workout enough!!!! Once it slows you can get your routine going the way you want.. We are still at the very beginning of our journey, so don't think you are gonna miss out on anything.. It's coming soon. You know you gotta make that money when it comes. I'm a small business owner of a salon myself, and it's so time consuming, so I know what you mean.. Take care ok ❤️

When I was told pre op that my taste for some things may change ,I thought , ok maybe a little. Well my taste has changed a lot. Certain foods make me nauseous just thinking about them , like eggs.

I've been eating mostly Soups , salads, and fruit. Which isn't horrible. I make my own soups to control sodium

I'm 11 weeks post op and down a total of 50.6 lbs.

I've rambled enough. Hope everyone is doing great.

Nancy mine tastes have changed alot too stuff that I hated before I now like and vice versa. My appetite is still gone I have to force myself to eat I just don't get hungry at all.

Otherwise I'm doing good. So far I've lost 105lbs. Since may 11th. Wish everyone the best.

I just wanted to say thank you to everybody on this thread for helping me keep my sanity. I started at 237 (surgery 5/5 and I had no pre-op diet requirements) and am only down to 192. I felt like a failure that it wasn't enough and I was doing something wrong, but reading your posts has helped me realize we're all on our own journey at our own speeds and shouldn't compare ourselves to others victories. So again, thank you all. I don't post much, but I do keep up with your stories.

When I was told pre op that my taste for some things may change ,I thought , ok maybe a little. Well my taste has changed a lot. Certain foods make me nauseous just thinking about them , like eggs.

I've been eating mostly Soups , salads, and fruit. Which isn't horrible. I make my own soups to control sodium

I'm 11 weeks post op and down a total of 50.6 lbs.

I've rambled enough. Hope everyone is doing great.

It is amazing how much our tastes do change! My taste for things seems to have normalized quite a bit. I've actually been a bit more hungry already ???? I'm at 86lbs so far yay!! I had to break out the old skinny clothes today! It was so nice knowing my $hit would fit lol... I had a NSV today, I crossed my legs while waiting for my pre-op nose job surgery visit. I didn't even have to think about it, I just did it like I've been doing forever. I don't even know what crossed my mind to even do it, as it's been years since that's happened naturally lol.. I hope everyone is still staying strong ❤️????

Nancy mine tastes have changed alot too stuff that I hated before I now like and vice versa. My appetite is still gone I have to force myself to eat I just don't get hungry at all.

Otherwise I'm doing good. So far I've lost 105lbs. Since may 11th. Wish everyone the best.

Awesome job on the weight loss my friend!!!! I saw you pm to me, I responded right before I went to bed last night.. I tried saying something else and it said that the messaging area is having issues!!! I'll try again later, to see if you said anything else.. I just didn't want you thinking I was ignoring you ????

I just wanted to say thank you to everybody on this thread for helping me keep my sanity. I started at 237 (surgery 5/5 and I had no pre-op diet requirements) and am only down to 192. I felt like a failure that it wasn't enough and I was doing something wrong, but reading your posts has helped me realize we're all on our own journey at our own speeds and shouldn't compare ourselves to others victories. So again, thank you all. I don't post much, but I do keep up with your stories.

Sounds like you are doing an amazing job on your journey!!!!! It's so hard not to compare ourselves to one another, but our bodies are just so different, as you know, that there's no way any of us should entertain the comparison thought at all!!!! Keep up the great work, and so glad you found our May Peeps Thread ????

Hey wow , wondered where you've been. So funny, to not have an appetite. I too have to force myself to eat. Some days I actually forget that I haven't eaten.

105lbs that's incredible. I remember you went through a lot after surgery with your leak and everything. Nice to know things are going well for you now.

I was dropping the weight much faster, 5 to 7 lbs a week. Now about 12 weeks after surgery dropping about 2lbs a week. Which I am fine with , as long as scale goes down , I'm good. I think to myself , no more yo-yo dieting. No more dieting period, it's a life style change.

Feeling so fortunate. ????

I am still figuring out what I want. I still love shrimp, steak (but it hurts me to eat it) chicken, eggs are ok. I am sort of boring with my meals. I really only get hungry once a day and that is at dinner time. One biggie that I used to love but now don't is Water. I used to guzzle water right out of the faucet. Now, the minute amount I have to swallow to take my meds repulses me. I am ok with add-ins. Just no plain water. Sigh. I love the Protein drinks. I think I would be fine just drinking them forever (or at least a very long time.) I don't really want to eat most days. I know I should be eating more solids but I just don't want to. I would probably lose faster, huh?

My sugar addiction is gone. I don't want most fried foods. (Chips still scream my name but I can walk away.) I am down 70 lbs from my highest weight. My surgery was May 6th. I have tons of energy and don't need as much sleep. I will work until midnight then be ready to get up by 5 or 6 am. Sooo unlike me!!!

I am still figuring out what I want. I still love shrimp, steak (but it hurts me to eat it) chicken, eggs are ok. I am sort of boring with my meals. I really only get hungry once a day and that is at dinner time. One biggie that I used to love but now don't is Water. I used to guzzle water right out of the faucet. Now, the minute amount I have to swallow to take my meds repulses me. I am ok with add-ins. Just no plain water. Sigh. I love the Protein Drinks. I think I would be fine just drinking them forever (or at least a very long time.) I don't really want to eat most days. I know I should be eating more solids but I just don't want to. I would probably lose faster, huh?

My sugar addiction is gone. I don't want most fried foods. (Chips still scream my name but I can walk away.) I am down 70 lbs from my highest weight. My surgery was May 6th. I have tons of energy and don't need as much sleep. I will work until midnight then be ready to get up by 5 or 6 am. Sooo unlike me!!!

Congrats on your loss!!!! My sugar addiction is gone to, and chips still do the same to me!! I've been doing Veggie Sticks.. post-242829-1438688969226_thumb.jpg post-242829-14386889787062_thumb.jpg

I still need to speak with my NUT about them. I use as a quick snack at work, when eating isn't optimal..

I am still figuring out what I want. I still love shrimp, steak (but it hurts me to eat it) chicken, eggs are ok. I am sort of boring with my meals. I really only get hungry once a day and that is at dinner time. One biggie that I used to love but now don't is Water. I used to guzzle water right out of the faucet. Now, the minute amount I have to swallow to take my meds repulses me. I am ok with add-ins. Just no plain water. Sigh. I love the Protein Drinks. I think I would be fine just drinking them forever (or at least a very long time.) I don't really want to eat most days. I know I should be eating more solids but I just don't want to. I would probably lose faster, huh?

Congrats on your loss!!!! My sugar addiction is gone to, and chips still do the same to me!! I've been doing Veggie Sticks.. attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1438688968.575938.jpg post-242829-14386889787062_thumb.jpg

I still need to speak with my NUT about them. I use as a quick snack at work, when eating isn't optimal..

Kay's Naturals is a line of Protein Snacks , pretzels etc. taste pretty good. From Amazon

Congrats on your loss!!!! My sugar addiction is gone to, and chips still do the same to me!! I've been doing Veggie Sticks.. attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1438688968.575938.jpg post-242829-14386889787062_thumb.jpg

Kay's Naturals is a line of Protein Snacks , pretzels etc. taste pretty good. From Amazon
I'll have to check them out!!! Thanks!! I just hope these snack type products aren't my trigger for bad stuff, creeping back in one day.. ????

I am still figuring out what I want. I still love shrimp, steak (but it hurts me to eat it) chicken, eggs are ok. I am sort of boring with my meals. I really only get hungry once a day and that is at dinner time. One biggie that I used to love but now don't is Water. I used to guzzle water right out of the faucet. Now, the minute amount I have to swallow to take my meds repulses me. I am ok with add-ins. Just no plain water. Sigh. I love the Protein drinks. I think I would be fine just drinking them forever (or at least a very long time.) I don't really want to eat most days. I know I should be eating more solids but I just don't want to. I would probably lose faster, huh?

Kay's Naturals is a line of protein Snacks , pretzels etc. taste pretty good. From Amazon
I'll have to check them out!!! Thanks!! I just hope these snack type products aren't my trigger for bad stuff, creeping back in one day.. ????
Salonboi. I hear that. I have tried a few pretzels but I will say , I am not routinely snacking. I haven't had bread , Pasta, rice, etc since surgery.

We do have to be careful. Past experience has shown bad habits creep back in easily.