Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

????Any May Gastric Bypass peeps????

8 weeks post op (well 8 weeks and a day lol). Feeling pretty good. Down 41 lbs from highest weight. Eating better, getting all my Protein and Water in continues to be difficult but getting better. I have tried at least 10 different Protein Drink mixes and still haven't found one I can drink, they are all too sweet or just taste awful. Will keep trying to find the one I can tolerate but it's been a battle for sure. I'm working with a personal trainer at local gym 2 days a week and cardio on my own the other days. It was a rough start after my bypass but it does get easier.

I am finding this thread a little late, but it's nice to find so many people at the same stage after the same surgery. I had by bypass 6 weeks ago today. I have been doing phenomenally well until this week. I think I got a little too cocky with new foods and didn't think about introducing veggies that are naturally high in sugar. Two days ago I had peas and suffered a lot after just a few bites. And then last night I had a terrible episode after two bites of corn on the cob. I should have known better. Today, I'm taking a break and having just yogurt and Protein Shakes.

Edited by Sylvia13

8 weeks post op (well 8 weeks and a day lol). Feeling pretty good. Down 41 lbs from highest weight. Eating better, getting all my Protein and Water in continues to be difficult but getting better. I have tried at least 10 different Protein Drink mixes and still haven't found one I can drink, they are all too sweet or just taste awful. Will keep trying to find the one I can tolerate but it's been a battle for sure. I'm working with a personal trainer at local gym 2 days a week and cardio on my own the other days. It was a rough start after my bypass but it does get easier.

@@nancynew have you tried GENEPRO? It is a "tasteless" powder that has 30g of protein for just 1 tbsp. I start my day off with it mixed with Decaf coffee and a little SF Creamer

Hi All, I was May 28th...

Does someone have a light and flaky fish recommendation? I tried cod and tilapia and neither one went over very well. Has anyone tried anything else? Not allowed other meats yet. Thanks!!

I like halibut and catfish. I don't like wet fish. ????

8 weeks post op (well 8 weeks and a day lol). Feeling pretty good. Down 41 lbs from highest weight. Eating better, getting all my Protein and Water in continues to be difficult but getting better. I have tried at least 10 different protein drink mixes and still haven't found one I can drink, they are all too sweet or just taste awful. Will keep trying to find the one I can tolerate but it's been a battle for sure. I'm working with a personal trainer at local gym 2 days a week and cardio on my own the other days. It was a rough start after my bypass but it does get easier.

@@nancynew have you tried GENEPRO? It is a "tasteless" powder that has 30g of protein for just 1 tbsp. I start my day off with it mixed with Decaf coffee and a little SF creamer
Hi Rosemary. Funny you should mention Genepro, I actually got it in mail today. Ordered from Amazon.

I will give it a try tomorrow. Hope it mixes well. Thanks for the suggestion.

Is it normal to start feeling sore again at 5 weeks post op? I was definitely more active yesterday than I have been, but didn't think I would feel sore afterwards. I feel like it is mostly incisional pain, but also some soreness on inside too. Anyone felt like this after doing more activity at this stage?

Is it normal to start feeling sore again at 5 weeks post op? I was definitely more active yesterday than I have been, but didn't think I would feel sore afterwards. I feel like it is mostly incisional pain, but also some soreness on inside too. Anyone felt like this after doing more activity at this stage?

Sounds like something you need to ask your surgeon about!!! Hopefully it's something simple, but why take a chance in having a hernia or something.. Just be safe.. We pay all this money for our surgery, so we have all rights to ask or surgeon these types of questions... Good luck ????

8 weeks post op (well 8 weeks and a day lol). Feeling pretty good. Down 41 lbs from highest weight. Eating better, getting all my Protein and Water in continues to be difficult but getting better. I have tried at least 10 different protein drink mixes and still haven't found one I can drink, they are all too sweet or just taste awful. Will keep trying to find the one I can tolerate but it's been a battle for sure. I'm working with a personal trainer at local gym 2 days a week and cardio on my own the other days. It was a rough start after my bypass but it does get easier.

Congrats on the loss!!!! And hey you are still trying to get the protein and water in and that counts ???? and how awesome on the trainer and working out!!! We need pictures to see that progress ???? my next set of pics is on the 5th since that'll be my 2 month surgaversary. It hit the 69lbs mark this morning ❤️❤️❤️❤️???? but that includes my 16lbs I lost pre-op as well... So from 349lbs to 280 is an amazing feeling. I'm working out 5-6 times a week and doing a total body workout every time. Circuit type training, that way I'm not over doing any one part at a time. It takes me 2 hours each time, because I stretch on my exercise ball in between each set and set timer for 2 minute rest period for my muscles.. I've always been an exerciser, and have always loved the endorphin rush ya get, and I love it even more, because I've actually got the surgery making me lose weight and have the exercise part going all at the same time. Usually I only have one or the other going, but not both at same time. So yay us ❤️❤️❤️❤️ keep up the hard work my friends, and I miss everyone talking as much, but hey we are all living our new lives and that's what is to be expected, including myself lol. Happy 4th of July to all of my May Peeps ❤️

And when I say surgery going with the work out, I meant surgery part as Dieting part.

Congrats on the loss!!!! And hey you are still trying to get the protein and water in and that counts ???? and how awesome on the trainer and working out!!! We need pictures to see that progress ???? my next set of pics is on the 5th since that'll be my 2 month surgaversary. It hit the 69lbs mark this morning ❤️❤️❤️❤️???? but that includes my 16lbs I lost pre-op as well... So from 349lbs to 280 is an amazing feeling. I'm working out 5-6 times a week and doing a total body workout every time. Circuit type training, that way I'm not over doing any one part at a time. It takes me 2 hours each time, because I stretch on my exercise ball in between each set and set timer for 2 minute rest period for my muscles.. I've always been an exerciser, and have always loved the endorphin rush ya get, and I love it even more, because I've actually got the surgery making me lose weight and have the exercise part going all at the same time. Usually I only have one or the other going, but not both at same time. So yay us ❤️❤️❤️❤️ keep up the hard work my friends, and I miss everyone talking as much, but hey we are all living our new lives and that's what is to be expected, including myself lol. Happy 4th of July to all of my May Peeps ❤️
Thanks. It does feel great. Never before could I ever lose 41 lbs in a short amount of time. Pics, well the problem with pics for me is I wouldn't allow my picture to be taken when I we at my heaviest so I don't really have a before.

Exercise for is a chore. Once I'm at the gym and working out I like it but oh boy to get there. Exactly why I have personal trainer. Someone to hold me accountable.

I have appt with my NUT this Monday morning. Touch base with her and be sure I'm on the right track.

And hey weight off is weight off , doesn't matter if it's pre surgery or after its pounds down.

Happy 4th to all. I'm working all weekend but hope you all have a great 4th.

@@nancynew have you tried GENEPRO? It is a "tasteless" powder that has 30g of Protein for just 1 tbsp. I start my day off with it mixed with Decaf coffee and a little SF creamer
Hello Rosemary

So I put GENEPRO in my decaf coffee this morning. Along with my creamer and it was so good. Blended well , didn't even know it was in there. Have you tried putting Genepro in other things ?

I was wondering if it blends well in cold or room temperature foods / drinks. I drink v8 juice , gonna try it in that later today.

My NUT said should be whey isolate Proteins. I don't think Genepro is an isolate. I'm going to take it with me to my NUT appt on Monday. She what she thinks.

8 weeks post op (well 8 weeks and a day lol). Feeling pretty good. Down 41 lbs from highest weight. Eating better, getting all my Protein and Water in continues to be difficult but getting better. I have tried at least 10 different Protein drink mixes and still haven't found one I can drink, they are all too sweet or just taste awful. Will keep trying to find the one I can tolerate but it's been a battle for sure. I'm working with a personal trainer at local gym 2 days a week and cardio on my own the other days. It was a rough start after my bypass but it does get easier.

@@nancynew have you tried GENEPRO? It is a "tasteless" powder that has 30g of protein for just 1 tbsp. I start my day off with it mixed with Decaf coffee and a little SF creamer
Hello Rosemary

So I put GENEPRO in my decaf coffee this morning. Along with my creamer and it was so good. Blended well , didn't even know it was in there. Have you tried putting Genepro in other things ?

I was wondering if it blends well in cold or room temperature foods / drinks. I drink v8 juice , gonna try it in that later today.

My NUT said should be whey isolate Proteins. I don't think Genepro is an isolate. I'm going to take it with me to my NUT appt on Monday. She what she thinks.

I've read that their claims on product information isn't what it really claims to be. But that's just what I've heard and read. Definitely don't take my word. Research it and show to your dr... That's why I didn't even bother with buying it....

8 weeks post op (well 8 weeks and a day lol). Feeling pretty good. Down 41 lbs from highest weight. Eating better, getting all my Protein and Water in continues to be difficult but getting better. I have tried at least 10 different Protein drink mixes and still haven't found one I can drink, they are all too sweet or just taste awful. Will keep trying to find the one I can tolerate but it's been a battle for sure. I'm working with a personal trainer at local gym 2 days a week and cardio on my own the other days. It was a rough start after my bypass but it does get easier.

Hello Rosemary

I've read that their claims on product information isn't what it really claims to be. But that's just what I've heard and read. Definitely don't take my word. Research it and show to your dr... That's why I didn't even bother with buying it....

I told my NUT that I was using it every morning and she said that she knew of it. I didn't really get the impression that she had a negative view on it. But, I may have to do more research.

Hello Rosemary

I told my NUT that I was using it every morning and she said that she knew of it. I didn't really get the impression that she had a negative view on it. But, I may have to do more research.
Well it the best I can do right now. Genepro or no protein. Something better then nothing.

At least getting protein. I appreciate you sharing. ????????

Happy Fourth Everyone!!!!!!!!!!????

I want to know how each and everyone of you is doing!

I will start!

I go for my two month post-op appointment on the 6th even though my two months won't be until the 11th of July! I have gone from 330 to 274 and I couldn't be happier! :)

I can wear a size 16-18 jeans/shorts, XL in my scrub buttons and 1x in my shirts now! :) I am no longer afraid to wear shorts either! :) I will attach a few photos for fun! post-253319-1436043757768_thumb.jpg post-253319-14360437674075_thumb.jpg

Hopefully you can all tell which is before and which is after! Looking forward to hearing from each and every one of you!! :)) ❤️❤️❤️