Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do I control my mind wanting to eat it all? I have lost about 50 pounds in 4 months and I feel great but I feel I'm falling off. I love sweets and I can't keep them out of my mouth. This makes me feel like such a disappointment. I want to be healthy but how do I stay focused on the altamente goal. If losing the weight and feeling good doesn't keep me on track what will.

Try having scads of sugar-free popsicles on hand, and EAT them! GaryG suggested Tropical flavor, which I have yet to find, but they sound awesome! Get RID of the stuff that is harmful to you, just get rid of it. Keep on hand things that are good for you, and follow a schedule. During the times you are not scheduled to eat, have a plan of action. DO something to take your mind off of eating. Garden, start a new craft, clean the house, DO something. Call your best friend, give support on this site, DO something!!! You CAN succeed at this, have faith in yourself! Write when you need to , someone is bound to answer. All the best to you....

@@M3l1

easy to find bariatric friendly deserts..Just google it

• pumpkin Cheesecake pudding Parfaits
  • 1 (6-ounce) container light vanilla Greek yogurt (I like Dannon Light ‘n Fit)
  • 1 (4-serving) package sugar-free instant cheesecake pudding mix
  • 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
  • 4 ounces light cream cheese
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Can add Protein powder

What are meringues anyway? They don’t have any flour. They don’t have any fat, (except if you dip in them in something like . . . dark chocolate!) Meringues are egg whites (all protein) whipped up like crazy, with added cream of tartar, salt and sugar substitute, then mounded on a baking sheet and baked . . . forever! They take about an hour and a half in your barely hot oven (225 degrees F) and then you turn your oven off and let them sit for ANOTHER hour, cooling down. It’s a crazy way to make Cookies, but the end result is nothing short of YUMMY! Your kids will love these lighter-than-air, chewy, sweet goodies, almost like cotton candy except with a heck of a lot more protein! WINNER!

Dark Chocolate-Dipped Almond Meringues

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes

Yield: 2 dozen

Dark chocolate glaze:
  • Dark Chocolate-Dipped Almond Meringues
  • 4 large egg whites
  • 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup spenda or stevia
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp almond extract
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 1/2 cup 72% cacoa dark chocolate chunks (I broke up 4-5 squares of Ghirardelli Twilight Delight)
  1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, securing with masking tape.
  2. To Prepare Meringues: Beat egg whites with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar and salt; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar substitute, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form (do not overbeat). Gently fold in vanilla and almond extracts and cocoa.
  3. Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Place in preheated oven. Turn temperature to 225 degrees F and bake 1 1/2 hours or until dry. (Meringues are done when the surface is dry and meringues can be removed from paper without sticking to fingers.) Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven 1 hour or until cool and crisp. Remove from oven; carefully remove meringues from paper. Cool completely on wire rack.
  4. To prepare glaze: Place dark chocolate chunks in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 30 seconds or until melted, stirring until smooth. Dip half of each meringue in chocolate. Place on wire rack to dry. Store in an airtight container.

Notes

When preparing these Cookies, be careful not to overbeat the egg whites; properly stiff peaks will have the consistency of marshmallow cream.

Morning.

I, too, was a hugh sweet craver.......

I have learned it is MIND over MATTER. It is MY responsibility to keep those sweets out of my mouth. I try the sugar-free items, but really don't like Aspartame.

So, I keep DARK chocolate chips and only have a few just to get over the craving. But I also make sure i have Water nearby to get that sweetness taste out of my mouth.

Once my craving is done, I am done.

Great job on the Weight loss.............Keep it up............Remember the sugary items turn into fat and then you start right back at the beginning.

:)

Have a sparkling day

Try having scads of sugar-free popsicles on hand, and EAT them! GaryG suggested Tropical flavor, which I have yet to find, but they sound awesome! Get RID of the stuff that is harmful to you, just get rid of it. Keep on hand things that are good for you, and follow a schedule. During the times you are not scheduled to eat, have a plan of action. DO something to take your mind off of eating. Garden, start a new craft, clean the house, DO something. Call your best friend, give support on this site, DO something!!! You CAN succeed at this, have faith in yourself! Write when you need to , someone is bound to answer. All the best to you....

Thanks! Really needed that

Morning.

I, too, was a hugh sweet craver.......

I have learned it is MIND over MATTER. It is MY responsibility to keep those sweets out of my mouth. I try the sugar-free items, but really don't like Aspartame.

So, I keep DARK chocolate chips and only have a few just to get over the craving. But I also make sure i have Water nearby to get that sweetness taste out of my mouth.

Once my craving is done, I am done.

Great job on the Weight loss.............Keep it up............Remember the sugary items turn into fat and then you start right back at the beginning.

:)

Have a sparkling day

Thanks will try

@@M3l1

easy to find bariatric friendly deserts..Just google it

• Pumpkin Cheesecake pudding Parfaits
  • 1 (6-ounce) container light vanilla Greek yogurt (I like Dannon Light ‘n Fit)
  • 1 (4-serving) package sugar-free instant cheesecake pudding mix
  • 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
  • 4 ounces light cream cheese
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Can add Protein powder

What are meringues anyway? They don’t have any flour. They don’t have any fat, (except if you dip in them in something like . . . dark chocolate!) Meringues are egg whites (all protein) whipped up like crazy, with added cream of tartar, salt and sugar substitute, then mounded on a baking sheet and baked . . . forever! They take about an hour and a half in your barely hot oven (225 degrees F) and then you turn your oven off and let them sit for ANOTHER hour, cooling down. It’s a crazy way to make Cookies, but the end result is nothing short of YUMMY! Your kids will love these lighter-than-air, chewy, sweet goodies, almost like cotton candy except with a heck of a lot more protein! WINNER!

Print

Dark Chocolate-Dipped Almond Meringues

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes

Yield: 2 dozen

Dark chocolate glaze:

• Dark Chocolate-Dipped Almond Meringues
  • 4 large egg whites
  • 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup spenda or stevia
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp almond extract
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 1/2 cup 72% cacoa dark chocolate chunks (I broke up 4-5 squares of Ghirardelli Twilight Delight)
  • Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, securing with masking tape.
  • To Prepare Meringues: Beat egg whites with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar and salt; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar substitute, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form (do not overbeat). Gently fold in vanilla and almond extracts and cocoa.
  • Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Place in preheated oven. Turn temperature to 225 degrees F and bake 1 1/2 hours or until dry. (Meringues are done when the surface is dry and meringues can be removed from paper without sticking to fingers.) Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven 1 hour or until cool and crisp. Remove from oven; carefully remove meringues from paper. Cool completely on wire rack.
  • To prepare glaze: Place dark chocolate chunks in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 30 seconds or until melted, stirring until smooth. Dip half of each meringue in chocolate. Place on wire rack to dry. Store in an airtight container.
Notes

When preparing these Cookies, be careful not to overbeat the egg whites; properly stiff peaks will have the consistency of marshmallow cream.

Will try this out.

I did not read all of the other posts, so I apologize if I repeat some of the same ideas. I too have a major sweet tooth. However, to first detox my body of those sweet cravings, I had to get rid of all of those items from my house. Because if they were there, out in the open or hidden, I would eat them. I made sure not to go shopping or walk into a convenience store while I was hungry or craving sweets, because if I did I would buy them and eat them. Once I sort of got it out of my system, I taught myself to turn to foods like fruits to satisfy that sweet tooth. My favorite sweet snack that kills my sweet tooth is a slice of wheat toast with a teaspoon of Nutella, topped with sliced strawberries and blueberries, and a sprinkle of trivia or Splenda. It is so delicious and satisfying. Or a sliced gala apple dipped in Peanut Butter. Mmmm. ????

You're not alone. Find that will power and fight, fight, fight! If you fall, just get right back up and go again. When you keep getting "up", you'll find that the "falling" becomes less and less!

Edited by NewSetOfCurves

Believe it or not but cassey ho has a recipe for key lime pie with AVOCADOS! It tastes really good too! I modified it though to one avocado, three limes and a couple of packets of stevia. The crust was made with dates and walnuts!

She also had a recipe for ice cream that was just Peanut Butter and bananas! So good! Her segment on YouTube and her blog is called blogilates.

She also had awesome workout vids.

Edited by fit4life123

I did not read all of the other posts, so I apologize if I repeat some of the same ideas. I too have a major sweet tooth. However, to first detox my body of those sweet cravings, I had to get rid of all of those items from my house. Because if they were there, out in the open or hidden, I would eat them. I made sure not to go shopping or walk into a convenience store while I was hungry or craving sweets, because if I did I would buy them and eat them. Once I sort of got it out of my system, I taught myself to turn to foods like fruits to satisfy that sweet tooth. My favorite sweet snack that kills my sweet tooth is a slice of wheat toast with a teaspoon of Nutella, topped with sliced strawberries and blueberries, and a sprinkle of trivia or Splenda. It is so delicious and satisfying. Or a sliced gala apple dipped in Peanut Butter. Mmmm. ????

You're not alone. Find that will power and fight, fight, fight! If you fall, just get right back up and go again. When you keep getting "up", you'll find that the "falling" becomes less and less!

Thanks! Will try that out.

Believe it or not but cassey ho has a recipe for key lime pie with AVOCADOS! It tastes really good too! I modified it though to one avocado, three limes and a couple of packets of stevia. The crust was made with dates and walnuts!

She also had a recipe for ice cream that was just Peanut Butter and bananas! So good! Her segment on YouTube and her blog is called blogilates.

She also had awesome workout vids.

Will look into it. Thanks