Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone whose goal weight is less than 100 pounds?

My surgery date is June 5th and I only have 76# to lose. I'm worried that it will come off much slower too. I'm glad you started this thread!!! i was wondering in the "under #100" club would have a different experience.

Out of curiosity, why are you "worried" about losing weight slowly? When I first had the surgery, I too felt the urgency to lose the weight fast, but when I realized I was going to be a slow loser, I reexamined my thought process. I realized that sense of urgency came from my old diet mentality. In the past, on diets, I always wanted to lose weight quickly so I would be "done". But, I'll never be "done" with my sleeve. It's for life! So it doesn't matter how long it takes me to lose the weight as long as I am losing and not gaining. Ten years from now, when I am enjoying my happy, healthy, full life thanks to my sleeve, do you think I'm really going to care whether it took 6 months or 16 months to reach my goal weight?

AMEN sister!

Listen to @@JamieLogical !

1. I'm joining your "under 100" club in June (18th to be exact), starting at 205 with my surgeon's goal at 150...bet I'll be a slow loser as well. But, slow and steady is fine with me as long as it STAYS OFF!!!!!

Has skin been a problem with those loosing 50 to 75 lbs?

I weigh 243 and want to lose about 90 lbs. I am hoping that I can reach that within the first year. I have already lost about 20lbs and surgery is scheduled for the 15, so less than a week away!!

My starting weight was 210#. I'm 5'2". I had surgery 6/5/15. I lost 16# before the surgery and am currently at 187#. I'm losing about a 1/2# a day since surgery. I was expecting a much slower progress but the weight is falling off. My Dr has a goal weight of 130#. I'm so glad I strictly followed the preop diet. I think it's helping in my recovery.

My surgery weight was 309 goal is 230. I actually fear getting to thin for my liking isn't that crazy. I'm 6'2" in just under 1 month I'm down 30lbs. So just 50 to go. But ready to reduce blood pressure meds already.

I started at 238 and would like to reach goal of 145. I am only 3 weeks in...can't wait. Loving being able to control what goes in the food hole!

I started at 254, lost 16 pounds pre surgery. At surgery I was 238. I have never had a "big" weight loss any week. It's been very slow at 1-2 pounds a week with an occasional stall. I just had my 3 month follow up and weighed in at 198.6. So close to 40 pounds since my surgery. I work out 5-6 days a week, for 1-2 hours a day. I have a hard time getting all my fluids and food in. So my NUT wants me to cut back a bit on the exercising and add more calories, especially healthy fats, to "shake" up my metabolism. I get frustrated with such a slow weigh loss, but hopefully in 6 months I will be close to my goal at 150. Good luck with your weight loss.

Those of you losing slowing, but working out so often, must be losing inches. Am I correct? I exercise very rarely, outside of normal activities, and the weight is falling off. Maybe some of you are working out too much? Just a thought.

Starting weight was 225 and I would like to lose 75 pounds to be 150. Surgery was June 2nd. Lost 9 lbs week 1. Will weigh again on Tues, 2 week mark.

@@lclemur I have had the same thought. My weight loss was pretty steady and I exercised very moderately (and sporadically). I know exercise is important for health, but maybe there's such a thing as too much exercise?

It took me a bit over 6 months to lose 100 pounds (278 to 177) - sept 12, 2013 to March 18, 2014. That wasn't my goal though. My goal was 145 and that was -133 pounds and took a bit over 10 months (sept 12, 2013 to July 23, 2014). Then I realized I was still losing pretty easily so I kept going and reached me "dream goal weight" of 125 (-154) and that took about 20 months and was relatively recently. I don't want to lose anymore. I'm just looking to maintain at this point. Good luck to you!

@lclemur @IcanMakeit

In the beginning, weight loss is generally faster without exercising, but you need to factor in that a scary percentage of the weight you are losing is muscle. If you work out, the scale moves more slowly, but you can be certain that the weight you are losing is FAT, not muscle. My weight loss has been very slow by most people's standards. I've lost 60 pounds in 9 months. However, my body fat percentage has gone from almost 50% to 25.8%. My nutritionist wants me to get below 25% and I have 10 pounds to go until my weight goal of 165, so I am thinking I will hit 25% right as I'm hitting my weight goal. So I will have an ideal body composition at that point.

If you don't exercise as you lose the weight, you will lose a lot of muscle and then when you stall out and realize you need to start exercising in order to reach your weight loss goal, you will get frustrated, because the scale might actually go UP a bit at first as you start to put muscle back on.

I still have 69 pounds to go to my goal. I was at exactly 100 lbs to lose.