Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One month out! Need to take some pictures...

Has anyone else spent years avoiding the camera? I have lost 20lbs. and I just realized that I have NO recent pictures, at all. Even at Christmas I either hid from the camera, or made sure I was behind it! If I had to be in a group picture I would be in the back so you can just see my head, lol. I need some fat pictures so I will not forget how uncomfortable I was at my high weight! I cant really even tell that I have lost anything yet.... but I bet if I had some pictures to compare I could ;)

I love, love, love to see others progress pictures. It is uber duber motivating to see how happy and great everyone looks as they drop the weight. Take those before pictures! (and during ones too) I bet that people that don't have them wish they did, just as a reminder of how far they have come!

Edited by liannatx

I take a pic every month so I remember and see how its going. I just posted my 3 month and even though I don't see the difference I know one day I will and will be glad I took them. I avoided the camera like the plague and now I just don't care cause that person is not me anymore!

A co worker who had the surgery 8 months before me gave me this idea and I started it last night. (I am one week post op). Pick a night a week and take a full body pic of you in a tank or cami and shorts. Each week on the same night take a picture in the same outfit. I had my husband take my picture last night. I can't wait to see what next week looks like. No one will probably ever see these pics but me and my husband but I think it will be awesome to see!

@@Lion0312 that's an excellent idea. I just don't think I am ready to post pictures of myself right now. I never have liked having my pic taken. Funny thing is about ten years ago it was just the fact that I felt like I had to "pose" or I looked uncomfortable (face I particular). in the last ten years, 2 weddings and a lot of family photos later, it has all been about the weight :/

I took pictures and measurements the night before surgery. I remeasured after 1 month. I am overdue for measuring for 2 months. I have not taken updated pictures. Maybe this weekend I will find time for both.

The night before surgery was not my heaviest. My heaviest was 257 at the start of the 6 month supervised diet. I was at 241 for the start of my pre-op liquid diet and 230 on the day of surgery.

I also avoided the camera whenever possible.

I take progress pictures once a month in my sports bra and workout pants (actually have to do it tonight). It's so hard to look at them now but I know in the long run it will pay off. I have already decided that when I hit goal I am going to have some professional pictures taken of myself. I have never had full body professional pictures taken so I want to do that for myself.

I take progress pictures once a month in my sports bra and workout pants (actually have to do it tonight). It's so hard to look at them now but I know in the long run it will pay off. I have already decided that when I hit goal I am going to have some professional pictures taken of myself. I have never had full body professional pictures taken so I want to do that for myself.

This is what I wanted to do! I need to get on it ASAP, so I have a good start pic.

When I hit goal, I want a Tummy Tuck ;)

Good for you!! Keep up the good work, and it is work!!!

I take selfies all the time now. I servers take pics of my husband and me at restaurants. I love it!!!