Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrows the big day! Who needs a buddy?

62 Year old woman at 39 BMI. It's now or never. Have worked, wished, planned and tried to be thin all my life. I decided to give this to myself now. I wish I had done this when I was 15 years younger, but I thought I could do it the old way. I just continued to gain. So after everything, I finally am giving this to myself. I feel blessed by great friends, family, a wonderful husband and a great church community. I am pretty darn healthy and my therapist and I decided now's the time, I am ready. I would really like to get to know one of you better and share all the ups and downs.

About myself: 5' 5"; 233; 62 years old; Married; 2 kids (27 and 23); I'm an Alto in our Unitarian Universalist Choir; I've always been a Democrat; I was a Dead Head; Graduated from UC Davis as a botanist in 1978; I grew up in Southern California; I was born on Halloween in Brazil; I will be at goal weight (=150) this time next year. OMG!!!

Hello I've been looking for mentor I keep going back and forth in my head I'm 66 I weigh 305 I have some health problems but I need this surgery

Hello ladies, I'm 42, and had my surgery on 3/13/15, and am feeling great overall. I am living outside of San Diego, and absolutely love it here. We are a military family and from Texas. I have about 100 lbs to lose, and have lost 21 since surgery. Not a lot compared to many others, but I am very happy with any weight loss. I would like to be buddies if you want.

Julie

Hi Mojo:

We sound enough alike that we could be sisters - I am 77 years old - I've been heavy all my life I weighed 267 and this was my gift to myself - last May 30, 2014 I had Lap Band surgery - I did very well losing 65 lbs by September - then my husband and I moved into an assisted living facility - it was a big mistake for many reasons - the worst was the food - all fried including the vegetables - there were hardly no vegetables - Protein was scarce - we went back to our apartment hungry - then I started getting in food for us to eat in the apartment - not what I needed - but the old habits started coming back - I started putting on a pound or two -

We have moved away from that situation back into an apartment where I am the captain of the kitchen - I'm beginning to be able to get

back on the good foods (protein) again - you are right - lap band is just a tool - it is not the magic answer - but I haven't come this far not to keep on plugging - it is so hard!! -

I need a buddy to share with - get ideas from - just to hang with - My husband is a retired United Methodist Minister - we had 44 years of service - we have two married daughters and three grandsons - two are 29 and one is 27 - two of them are married now - third one is still looking -

I hope we can be friends - good luck to you.

Sorry recovery has kicked my butt. Am feeling much better. It is getting easier everyday. I have been pain free for almost a week. Although once in a while I get funny little cramps/or twangs. I tried to eat an egg today and that was surprisingly very hard on me. Ouch. Could only eat half. Sheesh. Am amazed at how little I do eat. I was told to eat no more than 2oz per meal. I didn't think I would be able to do that, but turn out that 2 oz is plenty. Sometimes too much.

I've struggled to get the Water in. It hurts if I drink more than 2oz at one go. But my doctors nurse says if you fail to get enough Water, we are likely to experience anxiety, exhaustion and irritableness. So drink up.

Good Morning Magic Mojo:

I agree with you about the eggs - I am 11 months post surgery and I have trouble with scrambled eggs every morning that I have them - I've been told that part of the reason is that the stomach is relaxed during the night and that is the first food in hours thus difficult - I have learned to start my day with the Protein shake - then around 10 or so I have something solid - it seems to work. I also find that if I drink ice Water and sip it constantly (just small sips) that I don't have any trouble - I am finding that the ice Water is a treat.

Craftlady

Hello Everyone, I'm 57 y.o. and finally going for a RNY. I tried two years ago and gave up, but this time, it's now or never. I'm really doing it because I have diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure. I'm a little scared but if other people can do, so can I! I look forward to following your progress.