Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HOW LONG BEFORE YOU GOT TO MOVE TO FULL LIQUIDS

I was on full liquids the same day of surgery. I haven't done any cream of anything because I have worries about milk. I am just about 1 week out and would kill for some things people get. I am happy my surgeon is cautious but I want to chew… even mushy eggs.

LOL YEAH I'M GETTING BORED WITH sugar free Jello, POPSICLES, GATORADE 2, broth ETC, THAT'S SO FUNNY I SAID THAT EARLIER TODAY ABOUT JUST WANTING A MUSHY EGG, I'M CRAVING eggs REFRIED Beans, cheese YOGURT, I FEEL LIKE A PREGNANT WOMAN ALL OVER AGAIN LOL, BUT I SO COULD EAT A DEVILED EGG RIGHT NOW, I GUESS THAT'S BETTER THEN CRAVING FAST food HA (-;

Morning.......

Week 1-2 ...... Clear Liquids Only

Week 3-6 ....... Soft Mushy/pureed foods

Week 7-on ...... Try small amounts of food, one at a time.

You have a brand new baby tummy. Think of it that way. You can only start like that. When you feed a baby, you only give little bites at first and then a month or two down the road, you try another type of food.< /p>

Ohhh....don't be afraid to try new foods, your palate is different now and it is really cool the foods you will try.

DRINK Water, PLENTY OF Water

I don't even like eggs and I can't wait to have a mushy egg in a few days. Just a couple bites will be so nice. I also want some applesauce. I see my doc tomorrow for my 1 week post op appointment and he said I should be able to.move to mushy foods.

I had: week 1 Clear Liquids, week 2-3 full liquids, week 4 purees/soft foods.

I was on full liquids pretty much immediately. I was nil by mouth for the day of surgery, but from Day 2 I was able to drink milk and eat Soup.

I was on full liquids for week 1 and 2, purees for week 3 and 4, soft foods for week 5 and 6 and from next week will be able to move on to a normal range of foods.

Mine was 2 weeks full liquids, 2 weeks purees, 2 weeks soft foods then everything as tolerated.

I was on Full Liquids right after surgery- full liquids for a month

Purees for a Month

Soft food for a month...

Then solids.

I don't even like eggs and I can't wait to have a mushy egg in a few days. Just a couple bites will be so nice. I also want some applesauce. I see my doc tomorrow for my 1 week post op appointment and he said I should be able to.move to mushy foods.

SO FUNNY HOW THAT WORKS, THEY DID TELL ME THAT YOUR TASTE BUDS COULD CHANGE, YOU COULD NOT LIKE SOMETHING BEFORE AND THEN CRAVE IT AFTER THE SURGERY, WELL I DISLIKE PEAS AND I HAVEN'T WANTED THEM AND STILL THE THOUGHT OF THEM MAKES ME SICK LOL

My husband cooked some scrambled eggs for the kids and they smelled awesome. of course I may take one bite and that will be over with.