Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My calves have been sore since I had surgery so I just thought it would go away. Two days ago I noticed what looks like to me, a vein that is kind of lumpy on my lower right calve. It isn't painful, but I can tell it doesn't feel like my other leg. I'm not running a fever either. What could this be? I read last night that sometimes you can't even tell there is a blood clot and you don't know it until it gets in your bloodstream.

You should call your doctor. Blood clots are not to be messed with. I had one in my lung after a hysterectomy about 6 years ago & I was extremely ill. I spent the next 7 days in the hospital being given a blood thinner thru an IV. DON'T WAIT!! Better to be safe than sorry.

Good luck. I hope it's nothing but your doctor should still look at your issue.

My calves have been sore since I had surgery so I just thought it would go away. Two days ago I noticed what looks like to me, a vein that is kind of lumpy on my lower right calve. It isn't painful, but I can tell it doesn't feel like my other leg. I'm not running a fever either. What could this be? I read last night that sometimes you can't even tell there is a blood clot and you don't know it until it gets in your bloodstream.

Call/Get to the doctor ASAP. Blood clots are not to be fooled with.

Afternoon.

That is not a blood clot. I have this also. It is actually a Vericose Vein. Nothing you can do about it. Insurance will not pay for it to be fixed. All they do is inject a solution that will constrict the vein. As long as there is no pain or discomfort, there really is nothing that can be done.

The only reason it is showing up now is because you are loosing weight and all the extra fat that was in our legs covered it up.

It if were a blood clot, your leg would be swollen, red, and very hot to the touch.

Hope this relieved your ambition.

Annamarie

AnnaMarie, does it feel a little sore? Its not warm to touch, just kind of more sensitive than my other leg

AnnaMarie, does it feel a little sore? Its not warm to touch, just kind of more sensitive than my other leg

Agreed better safe than sorry.

If you have any doubt, call your doctor! No one can give you a yay or nay without medical testing. Almost three years ago, I went through a two-month period of having trouble breathing, and it was getting worse and worse. I went to the doctor 5 times, and no one could figure out what was wrong, because the only symptom I actually complained about was my breathing - they said asthma, pneumonia, allergies, bronchitis, and everything in between. Finally, in the ER, someone figured it out. I had blood clots. I was admitted to the hospital and stayed there in ICU and had to go through surgery, etc. I had had so many blood clots, my lungs (both right and left) were collectively over 50% filled with dime and nickel sized blood clots (so of COURSE I could not breathe!), and I still had three in my legs when I was admitted to the hospital. I never had ANY symptoms of swelling or heat in my legs. Perhaps some tenderness, but if so, I would have just thought that was from having to walk and being so heavy.

That said - again, if you question it, call your doctor! As others have said - better to be safe than sorry.