Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 8th will be 3 weeks post op for me. Since last week I've hit a stall and I'm not losing weight. I've lost a total of 28 pounds since surgery but I'm discouraged that it's stopped. I know stalls are going to happen but I worry that it's my fault. I'm eating approx 650 calories a day. Trying to get all my Protein in but not sure I always do. I guess I'm just looking for someone who had this experience and what I can do to help start the weight loss again.

This isn't much advice but perhaps it can be of some comfort. I also stalled at three weeks and did not lose anything during weeks three or four. Then the weight loss picked up again and I have been losing consistently. (I am in week 8 now). So, just hang in there and try not to feel down or upset. You will start losing again soon! Good luck!

April 8th will be 3 weeks post op for me. Since last week I've hit a stall and I'm not losing weight. I've lost a total of 28 pounds since surgery but I'm discouraged that it's stopped. I know stalls are going to happen but I worry that it's my fault. I'm eating approx 650 calories a day. Trying to get all my Protein in but not sure I always do. I guess I'm just looking for someone who had this experience and what I can do to help start the weight loss again.

If you aren't sure you're hitting your Protein goals, you may want to use a food diary at least temporarily. This way you can track your protein and make sure that isn't the issue. Then if you are still unsure, you could call and discuss the issue with your nutritionist.

However it may just be your body adjusting. Try stepping away from the scale for a bit and take your measurements instead. You're early enough in the process that the weight loss will start again. This way you don't stress yourself over not seeing the numbers move on the scale.< /p>

I am at the end of week 2 and after losing close to 30 pounds, it's stalled for me too. I use the scale to motivate me, and using clothes and all of the other measurements don't do it for me like watching numbers fall. I am thinking of all of the reasons why this could happen, like possibly it has something to do with salt?

I am getting very close, if not hitting my Protein goals, and am eating under 800 cals. I also walk 3 miles (6k steps a day)

It's beginning to get discouraging for sure. If others hit this stall maybe I am not alone?

@@Mgenovesejr -The 3 week stall is not uncommon. If you do a search on it, loads of post will come up. I think they tend to happen more frequently with the less you have to lose. I started at a pretty high BMI so I've never personally experienced one. However I also only weigh myself monthly or when I go to the doctor's, whichever comes first. Every time I have set foot on a scale I have seen a loss of some sort. It is entirely possible that because I only weigh monthly I may have experienced a stall and missed it.

Morning....

Remember your body is still going thorough adjustments. So what you are not loosing weight right at this time. Hopefully you are not going on a scale daily and then becoming more discouraged.

As long as you are following your surgeons/dieticians' instructions, then you will be fine. I am 4 months out and have only lost 1 pound in 2 weeks. This just means my body is ready for me to do more working out than just walking. Now it is up to me to make this happen.

Just breathe.......Relax........Step on a scale once a week.............and remember to write down what you eat because even though you think you may or may not be eating enough calories, you may be doing more or less than you should.

Hope this helps....remember we are all in the same situation and have been in your situation.

Hope your Easter was a good one. !

Stalls do happen, but don't get too discouraged. I stalled at week four for about two weeks then at week 12 for about a month, didn't lose an ounce, then the next month I lost about three pounds. Some times it's slow going, but on a positive note, you aren't gaining. It works different for everyone, one of the girls I had surgery on the same day with has lost 90 pounds, I've lost 50 in the same amount of time, and we pretty much had the same amount to lose, she's hit goal weight, and I still have a ways to go. Everytime I would get frustrated I would just think "at least I haven't gained". This is a tool, it's not a miracle. The person that lost the 90 pounds never followed the proper diet, but went back to her normal eating habits almost immediately, everything from cocktails to fast food, and has just kept losing. Another of the girls has done everything right, and has lost even less than I have and had a lot more to lose than I did. It's difficult to say why things work differently on people, it's like hair loss, some go threw a horrible time with Hair loss (like I have) and others not so much. Good luck to everyone.

Hi folks, My surgery date was 4-28-2015, I lost 27 pounds so far, but for the past 2 weeks it appears I am in a stall. I walk minimum 10k steps a day, I swim for about a half an hour now, and I will be starting Zumba today. I am a little frustrated that the scale is not moving for 2 weeks now, I am following the diet completely. I eat less than a bird my husband says, and we just don't understand what has happened, what can I change or do differently to get my body to show loss on the scales?

@@kmefaith - I broke my stall yesterday morning (1 week) I added a few more calories and Protein for the last couple of days and it looks like the scale is moving again!

Hi folks, My surgery date was 4-28-2015, I lost 27 pounds so far, but for the past 2 weeks it appears I am in a stall. I walk minimum 10k steps a day, I swim for about a half an hour now, and I will be starting Zumba today. I am a little frustrated that the scale is not moving for 2 weeks now, I am following the diet completely. I eat less than a bird my husband says, and we just don't understand what has happened, what can I change or do differently to get my body to show loss on the scales?

My surgery was 4/30/15. I have been stalled for two weeks now :(. It is so frustrating.

Hey everyone :) I'm now just 1.5 weeks shy of being 3 months post op and have lost 68 pounds!!! Don't be discouraged about stalling, it happens to everyone And I know it will happen more than once. What I did is increased my Water intake and made sure I ate every 3-4 hours. Protein first! Keep going it will pass. I feel amazing and it's the best decision I've ever made! My feet and legs no longer swell, my foot pain is gone, I can walk and run and move around without being so short of breath and it's the best feeling in the world. Now I actually WANT to go all kinds of places and do new things. I look forward to getting dressed and trying on new clothes and I'm excited to start my day! I still have a ways to go but we can all do it!

Hey everyone :) I'm now just 1.5 weeks shy of being 3 months post op and have lost 68 pounds!!! Don't be discouraged about stalling, it happens to everyone And I know it will happen more than once. What I did is increased my Water intake and made sure I ate every 3-4 hours. Protein first! Keep going it will pass. I feel amazing and it's the best decision I've ever made! My feet and legs no longer swell, my foot pain is gone, I can walk and run and move around without being so short of breath and it's the best feeling in the world. Now I actually WANT to go all kinds of places and do new things. I look forward to getting dressed and trying on new clothes and I'm excited to start my day! I still have a ways to go but we can all do it!

Thank you so much for posting this. I was searching for stall posts and saw your post on 4/6. I was wondering how you were doing. How long did your stall last? It just feels like I'll never get moving again. Thank you for giving me hope. Congratulations! You are doing fantastic! Do you have any good meal suggestions?

Hey @NewNewMe :) My stall lasted about 2 weeks. Like I said, I increased my Water and ate a few extra calories (made sure it was protein) and tHe weight started coming off again. You have to just keep your body guessing, switch it up. I eat lots and lots of chicken, I've always preferred chicken over other meats, and it's easy to digest. Now rather than fry the chicken, I bake it and I make sure it's skinless. Instead of rolling the chicken in bread crumbs like I use to, pre surgery, I use McCormicK Montreal Chicken Seasoning. It's delicious. I also make lots of veggies. I cut veggies into chunks, add a teaspoon of butter add salt and pepper and bake it for 20 minutes or until tender. There is one other thing I discovered while on the puree stage and I still make it because it's yummy. It's called "Mock Lasagna", I'll post the recipe below. Good Luck!

MOCK LASAGNA:

Ingredients:

Pinch of minced garlic
1/4 tsp Dried italian spice blend
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1 cup Marinara or meat spaghetti sauce
Mozzarella cheese
Mix ricotta, parmesan cheeses, italian spice blend, and minced garlic and spread into the bottom of a small casserole dish. Spread spaghetti sauce over ricotta cheese, top with mozzarella and bake at 400 degrees until cheese is golden brown and bubbly. This also works fine in the microwave (heat until mozzarella melts) but the browned cheese from the oven is sooo yummy.
This recipe is good for the puree and soft food stages but can be modified for later by adding cooked italian sausage or hamburger to the sauce. You don't even miss the Pasta noodles, really!

Edited by 2NewBeginningsxoxo

That sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing.