Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 1 of pre-op diet.

My surgery is next Monday! Started my 1 week diet with a vanilla Protein Shake. Not too bad but it's early. Looking forward to my journey and wishing the best for everyone involved in this process!

Congratulations! I loved the pre-op diet in retrospect. In addition to shrinking the liver, it's a fantastic start to your pre-op life!

The first few days can be rough, but I kept telling myself, "Fat is stored energy. I will not starve!" And it got easier and easier. And I lost 25 lbs between pre-op and post-op diets. Fantastic!

It was so strange from eating 3-4 cups of food in a sitting to just having Protein shakes, broth, or popsicles. But once out of surgery, I didn't miss the food at all. It was like night and day.

Once I was on purees...everything tasted wonderful. I quickly learned to love the small portions.

You're gonna love your sleeve!

Edited by AlwaysVegas

Thanks for the kind words. I hope I can lose that much. It's only a one week diet with shakes and a little bit of fruit/veggies. It's been tough but I'm committed to this life changing decision

Surgery is on the 14th so I just did my first day of liquid diet. Today was ok and relatively easy wishing the other 6 days goes as smoothly as the first.

Waynejr83 hows today going? Im doing ok not real hungry but was working on my car most of day so it kept me busy.

I'm doing good so far. I have to find ways to keep myself busy. Once I do it's pretty easy. I did notice I am grumpy at times. Today is day 3 and I'm doing well, only issue is I seem to not have a lot of energy...don't know if it's a mental thing or not How is it going for you?

Waynejr83 how is it going? Im doing ok just tired real easy and seem starved but hanging in there. I have to be at hospital 1030 am monday.

I'm doing good. Hungry today. It's the last day of veggies and fruit. I have to be at the hospital at 7:30am. Rather be early so not complaining! Best of luck and keep in touch!!!

Hi I'm due to have my gastric sleeve on 23rd April. All my doctor has said is stay off carbs ver vague indeed. Going to try and cut down on everything. Getting nervous though as had a gastric band in for 13 years and it didn't help.