Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 6 weeks out from being sleeved and haven't lost anything in over a week, I am very discouraged. I thought I would lose at least 2 to 3 pounds a week. I have lost 31 pounds and that includes the weight I lost during my 2 week liquid diet. My nutritionist told me to up my calories to 800 a day and drink at least 80 ounces of Water a day, I just can't drink that much water a day. I tried the 800 calories and I went up a half of a pound, It seems that no matter what I do I just can't lose. I was hoping to be down at least 80 pounds in 6 months. Now I don't feel that is possible for me to do. I do walk on the treadmill every day. I am in my 60s so maybe I just won't lose as fast as someone younger. Please help!! I need some hope.

We seem to be in the exact same place. I was sleeved 03/02/15 and have only lost 31 pounds (and that was since the end of December). May I ask how much you have to lose? My dr says I am not losing so fast because I only had 86 pounds to lose. He told me to keep working the program and the weight loss would start again. So I am telling you the same thing. I know how frustrating it is but we both will begin losing again soon

I have 100 pounds to lose, I thought that having so much to lose that the weight would come off faster, I know that everyone loses at their own rate. My Doctor told me this is my golden year of weight loss, I just want it to happen,

@Sunny22 You have lost 31 lbs in 2 months... even including your little stall that averages 4 lbs a week. That is very good and proves that you CAN lose the weight. A stall here and there is normal for most people. Just keep following your plan and the loss will resume.

Evening to all

I had my surgery on 11/21/14. To date I have lost 72 pounds. How are you all eating? What are you all eating? Did you follow what your surgeon/dietitian stated?

1-2 weeks after surgery: liquids only

2-6 weeks after surgery: mushy/pureed foods

6 weeks (+) - gradually try foods slowly.

I was, and still am, eating only 2 teaspoons every 2 hours. I try, and I mean try, to get the Water in by their standards, and I cannot. I do, however, only drink 1/2 hour before a meal or 1/2 hour after a meal.

I have not started working out yet but I do walk at least 30 minutes per day. I am only 4 months and still do not take in 800 calories. They tell me to do what my body states.

As for the scale; I only get on this one time a week. The more you go on it, the more depressed you will become if you do not loose weight. As for those who are 100 or more pounds over weight, everyone looses weight differently.

My favorite quote from my surgeon is: I did surgery on your stomach not your brain. In order to make it work, I have to do the work.

We all have to work towards our goal. Do not get discouraged or upset because you are not loosing. Just look at what you are eating (hopefully you are using a book and writing down what you eat), this helps. You will loose the weight as long as YOU do the WORK.

Keep your heads up, and your energy going. You will do it, because you already worked to hard to get this far.

Happy Easter !!!

@@Sunny22 - I think it depends on your body type and how much you have to lose. I started with a really high BMI. I eat on average about 800 calories a day and workout 5 -6 days a week. I have been losing steadily. On looking around the forums I find that those starting in the 200's tend to lose a little slower and occasionally have stalls along the way. The less you have to lose, the more the body holds on to every calorie.

FYI - I'm 51. I probably get in about 60 - 64 ounces of fluids a day, but I get about 80gms of Protein in regularly.