Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unsolicited Online Dating Advice

John Dillinger was asked "why do you rob banks." "Because that's where the money is" was his reply.

Ladies, if you are not having any luck, you might want to try your hand at sites where 90% of the people there are men. You may find the premise of the sites repugnent, but I have found that the "law of large numbers" in marketing is vital. If you are only reaching 100 possible people that is not a big enough pool, you have to reach thousands to find a good possible match.

So with that in mind, based on conversations with very real, and normal women, have now had sucess at non-traditonal dating sites:

Ashley Madison - yep the adultery site has paid off for three single women I know who found single guys. There are singles there. The best part - 90% of the people on the site are men. All the women created profiles letting people know they would not date married people. Downside, you need thick skin to get past the creepy emails. Why does it work? Because there are single guys who are poking around there. It's just going to where the money is.

SugarDaddy.com - What? A site where guys "support" a woman? Is that like prostitution or something? Again 90% of those on the site are men. From what the ladies who I know who used this site said is "most are busy professionals who want companionship, and a relationship, but don't have the time at the moment." If you don't want someone who wants to move in after the second date, this may be a good place to try. Just be truthful in your profile that you don't want financial support, but you are not needy for time either.

For the sake of intellectual honesty, Tinder also has a huge male population, but at my age, I have not heard of anyone having success there, but if you are younger, it might work. I just have no first hand knowledge.

Sometimes you have to try finding a guy through unconventional means. Give it a try let us know how it works.

Edited by OKCPirate

A younger woman friend of mine found her true love on Tinder. They live in NYC, where Tinder makes a lot of sense for young singles who spend time in bars after work.

(Come on, we all remember what that life was like. ;) )

Point is, Tinder is not just for a hook-up site.

I found a real good relationship on geek to geek. Most of the site particapitces are men. Some have that creep factor but most are nice

Single guys who want to attract women need to shower every day...some science of attraction (or avoiding repulsion).

I have read a couple of interesting books relating to relationships...Why Women Have Sex and Sex at Dawn. The sense of smell of women is much more acute in women than men. This is hard wired and is important to reproduction. Women are repelled by men who smell of bacteria because in days of old it meant disease.

It makes sense...before we knew what germs were, women who could smell bad food or bad genes from a potential spouse were successful in passing their gene's forward. Some manifestations today: morning sickness during the first trimester when ever they smell something that potentially harm the baby they puke to get rid of the germs.

It's easy for single guys to vege out and not worry about taking a shower when they aren't going out, but bacteria grows and the smelly residue is noticed unconsciously by women though it is not noticed by guys. In the first few seconds of meeting you a women's brain unconsciously looks for subtle clues to your general health: shoulder to hip ratio, symmetry of the body/face and will notice subtle odors guys can't smell.

Women might not decide to say yes to a date in the first few seconds, but they will make a "no way" decision within the four seconds. Once you get the the "no way" moniker it's tough to overcome it. Give yourself a chance to meet the future Mrs. Right by washing up everyday.

Note - attempts to cover lack of daily showers with Polo or Axe colones work with some, but many women are on to that and are consciously repulsed by those smells.

I am printing this and hanging it on my 17 year old's door.

@GibbsGirl I am printing this and hanging it on my 17 year old's door.

pffft, yeah there are limits to Axe Spray ;-)

Mathmatical Evidence for Finding the Right Person

This is an interesting TED talk on the math of romance...

https://www.ted.com/talks/hannah_fry_the_mathematics_of_love?language=en#t-699041

Great reason why bald guys should never wear hats and why you should not try to hide things which might make you appear unattractive. Looking absolutely perfect will result in few contacts because most potential suitors will say "oh what's the point, I am not going to humiliate myself." Very much worth watching just for that.