Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RNY last Monday.....4 days ago.....food questions!

So here's the deal.....an hour after surgery I took a shower and started walking the floor. The nurses thought I was a visitor and not the patient because I put on street clothes and I was sitting on my bed with my legs criss-crossed as I typically do. I had a total of 1 Oxycodone the day of surgery and none since and was driving the next day. I'm 60 years old and I'm telling you guys all this for a reason.

I have been eating the Creamers Soups, getting my liquids in and eating all my Protein....typically 90 grams.....AND I'm hungry!

This morning I had coffee with 2% (doc approved) with 30 grams of unflavored protein....1/2 plain Greek Yoghurt 10 grams, one bottle Isopure 40 grams, some creamy chipotle Soup 1cup early...another cup lunchtime......and for dinner 2 CUPS OF LENTIL SOUP.......AND IM HUNGRY.......and I know my body well......I had a lapband removed in October after 8 years.....I could never have done that with the band....I feel no restriction! I haven't lost any weight which I'm not freaking out over.....but sheesh!

I figured I'd better write before I go straight into the kitchen and purée some hard boiled eggs with mayo!!! I'm hungry! My experience seems so different than everyone else's who say they aren't hungry etc.

Whaddaya think?

Are you taking Prilosec OTC or something similar? Acid can mimic hunger. I hope it gets better for you I am sure that this is very frustrating for you.

I would definately call the doctors office. I could never have eaten a cup of Soup, I am six months post op and still cannot. I wonder if you are fighting head hunger or as someone else said acid is causing you to think u are hungry.

I would call asap.

Well, now I'm totally freaked out!!!! You're six months out and can't eat a cup of Soup? ???? Not only was I able to eat two cups I had absolutely NO PROBLEM eating it at all!!!! Oh man.....I'm almost sorry I asked.....now I'm convinced something is wrong......

I agree, I would call your doctor. I am three weeks post op, and do not feel hungry at all. When I eat, it's because I know I have to, and I can eat 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of Soup before feeling full. If I try to eat any more than that, I either start to feel nauseated or start to burp a lot. That is my pouch's way of telling me to either slow down or stop eating. I really listen to it, and haven't been hungry or sick. Good luck to you!

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I am a revision? It was as you describe when I first got my lapband back in 2007. I know revisions lose weight more slowly but can't believe I ate 2 cups of Soup with no problem.....

That said, what else could it be? My surgeon is considered the absolute best in our state and proctors all the other doctors and is brilliant.....she told me my revision was a breeze and my liver was "beautiful" and not the least bit fatty......I just don't know what else she would do if I did call her....

I'm 61. My doc sent me home to puréed foods. like you, almost no pain mess. I could not eat that much, but I was hungry for the first few weeks. Lucky for me I could not eat. I'd call the doc. When in doubt.... Good luck.