Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Officially Scared To Death !

As if I wasn't worried enough, my family had a small intervention tonight to beg me not to go :(

Hi thats where i went to as well weegie88 chris in Belgium in november 2014. Was scared too but you be fine .Was girl there same time as me got band conversion to mgb she seemed to be in no pain that wasn,t manageable. Best decision ever made on my behalf , I have lost 5stone 21b to now and hope to lose more so just enjoying the experience.My clothes are all too big and i feel skinny inside but i need to lose another 6 stone before i will be skinny lol. Good luck on your journey xx

Thank you for the good wishes. Good luck with your continued journey. I remember well the feeling of becoming 'skinny' :) its a good feeling but much more than that feeling was the improvement in my other health issues. I was looking at a major op on my bladder, and one that didn't even promise to keep me 'dry' for more than 6 months. I never got or needed that op after weight loss. I was on lots of asthma meds, they went as well. Painkillers, gone. Wonderful, wonderful feeling being that fit. Unfortunately now feel back at square one. Just had a blub and hubby caught me, so lucky to have his support right now. He is coming with me this time, went on my own for my band. At my request. I wish the surgery wasn't so far away but have a : week holiday in Turkey inbetween. So not really a bad way to prepare. Will have to spend the last week on pre op diet hehe.

Chrissy xx

As if I wasn't worried enough, my family had a small intervention tonight to beg me not to go :(

Oh hun I can imagine. They wouldn't do that unless they loved you. All you can do is talk it out with them and take it from there.

Take care

Chrissy x

oh that does not make things easier, but it is a decision you have to come to terms with. Some people are not comfortable with you actually loosing the weight they are used to you having...this will change everyones life....i am three years out and i think some of my friends are just getting used to it....the changes are so fast and drastic that every time we got together i was the only thing we talked about and some of my friends were not comfortable with the spot light being on me for so long. I just recently had a girl friend that said i was always her fat friend and now that i lost all this weight, she is the fat friend and i am skinny...she was really hurt by this...it was really sad and i tried to understand how horrible that feeling is and help her threw it...now she has lost 10lbs just trying to not being that person. Hang in there

Hi

My name is Chrissy and I just registered here. Have booked an MGB revision from a band foR June.

I get the fear and face it by thinking of my future without the surgery. Now that is scary. Am expecting to feel more or less the same as after my band op. Wasnt as bad as I expected and am praying for a repeat of that.

Good luck with it. Hope you can stay positive and concentrate on getting yourself as fit and ready for the op as can be.

Chrissy

Chrissy I am right there with you. I am scheduled for a band revision in June as well. Good luck and Band007 let us know how it goes. I am sure it will go well.

@@Maverick1971 Hi there, June is not really that far off, well that is what I have been telling myself today. It gives us a few weeks to get as healthy as possible before surgery. It will all help.

I went to costco and bought some good multi viamins, some D3 and chewable Calcium. Nearer the time I will start taking arnica which helps healing. If anyone has any other suggestions please throw them my way :)

Not long now till @@Band07 has her op, sending positive vibes go you both.

Chrissy

I went today and bought some Premier Protein to try and I also found a high Protein organic nutritional shake that I bought singles of at Kroger in vanilla, strawberry and chocolate. It only has 10 grams but it has lots of other Vitamins and nutrients in it. I'm desperate to find at least one that tastes good as I usually hate them all :( I also plan to order some nectrin syntax protein soon.

I'm struggling right now with my farewell to food tour ! I know it's terrible but there is a good chance I'll never be able to eat some things ever again and I have this overwhelming desire to have them one more time ! Lol I haven't gained any weight luckily but I still work out a lot. I was only asked to do one week of pre op diet but I want to start increasing my protein and Water now to help with healing. I already take B12 and Biotin and a multi Vitamin daily.

I went today and bought some Premier Protein to try and I also found a high Protein organic nutritional shake that I bought singles of at Kroger in vanilla, strawberry and chocolate. It only has 10 grams but it has lots of other Vitamins and nutrients in it. I'm desperate to find at least one that tastes good as I usually hate them all :( I also plan to order some nectrin syntax protein soon.

I'm struggling right now with my farewell to food tour ! I know it's terrible but there is a good chance I'll never be able to eat some things ever again and I have this overwhelming desire to have them one more time ! Lol I haven't gained any weight luckily but I still work out a lot. I was only asked to do one week of pre op diet but I want to start increasing my protein and Water now to help with healing. I already take B12 and Biotin and a multi Vitamin daily.

Why do you think you won't be able to eat certain foods? I'd say most people can eat the same foods they could before surgery. It's all about choice and moderation. No need to food funeral it. :D

Best of luck on your revision!

Edited by AlwaysVegas

That's not what Iv heard with the MGB, most Iv talked too have to avoid or severely limit most dairy with the exception of yogurt and especially high sugar foods to avoid terrible gas, bloating and dumping all of which scare me to death lol I had some dumping symptoms (nausea, sweating, cramping) the first six months with my sleeve whenever I ate anything too fatty or greasy so I think that is a likely sign I could have it with MGB as well. I'm okay with it, anything that keeps me making good food choices is an added bonus ! Lol

Good luck! I'm sure you will do well!

You are already skinny though...

This morning I weighed 187, hardly skinny ! My BMI is 31, that's officially obese.

Try Lactaid with your dairy. Helps with the dumping. After these surgeries, the issues with lactose intolerance is worse. For some who've never had it, it starts. I've dealt with IBS my whole life...and certain dairy foods I can't have without Lactaid, but it does work and works miracles! Give it a try! :) Good luck!

Well, it's official, I'm scheduled for my revision from sleeve to MGB on 4/23 and I'm also officially scared to death !! I really hope I'm doing the right thing.

Your date is getting very close now. Just want to wish you all the best for the op amd a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Take care

Chrissy

Well, it's official, I'm scheduled for my revision from sleeve to MGB on 4/23 and I'm also officially scared to death !! I really hope I'm doing the right thing.

Your date is getting very close now. Just want to wish you all the best for the op amd a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Take care

Chrissy

Thank you so much!! I'm back and forth between excitement and terror right now depending on the day ! Lol