Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

America's best city?

Hi All, Just wondering where is the best city/town in America and why?I am planning on crashing your shores next year to cast my peepers on my new neice or nephew in New York. I would like to visit a few quirky type places too.

I have been to America before and loved Seattle and San Francisco. I think that I will be mostly travelling on the East Coast this time. Would love to see New Orleans, Memphis etc etc.

Sell your city/town to me.;)

Susannah

Check out Washington DC & Baltimore, MD lots of history and museums. If you ever get to South Dakota, check out Mitchell. Home of the World's Only Corn Palace, and several other tourist traps!

Hey, Thanks for the tips guys.;) I love the Boston accent. Thinking I would like to do the whole Memphis Elvis caper and tour the south. I also love Patsy Cline, so a visit to her hometown to pay hommage is a must.;)

Susannah

Hey, Thanks for the tips guys.;) I love the Boston accent. Thinking I would like to do the whole Memphis Elvis caper and tour the south. I also love Patsy Cline, so a visit to her hometown to pay hommage is a must.;)

Susannah

FYI, Patsy Cline's hometown is Winchester, Virginia. I'm a HUGE Patsy Cline fan!:clap2:

You've got to have lobster in Maine, see the mansions in Newport, Rhode Island, and the beaches in the Hamptons and Montauk on Long Island, NY.

Chicago!!! Chicago!!!! There is ALWAYS something to do here. We have We have 7 professional sports teams, and a great lake front city. ~Mandy

NEW YORK CITY! Come on its the capital of the world! Im a born and bred Manhattanite. If you want

History:U.N., Grants Tomb, Inwood Park (where the sale of Manhattan took place), The Cloisters, Grand Central Station, Macys Herald Square, The Chelsea market (where the Oreo was invented and the home of the food Network and FAT WITCH BROWNIES), Lincoln Center, or just look up.

Architecture: Chrysler Building, Flatiron Building. Empire State Building, Brooklyn Bridge, George Washington Bridge, Wall Street, The Hearst Building (the new Green Marvel of NYC architecture) ETC.

Culture: Museum mile (a whole mile of museums including the Met and the Moma), The American Museum of Natural History and the Hayden Planetarium, New Yorkers we are filled with culture,

Shopping: Soho, Macy's Herald Square, Toy R US (the largest in the world), and those are ON the beaten path.

For the summer come for SummerStage, Shakespeare in the Park, The RenFest in Inwood Park, NY street fairs, The NY Mets and the Yankees, come for one of the last years of Yankee stadium. Cirque Du Soleil's summer show on Randal's Island.

I really could go on FOREVER. We have everything.

For history also consider St. Augustine FL. Beautiful, and the fountain of youth is there. In Tennesee is Dollywood. (Dolly Parton's theme park) just beautiful. ~Mandy

NEW YORK CITY! Come on its the capital of the world! Im a born and bred Manhattanite. If you want

History:U.N., Grants Tomb, Inwood Park (where the sale of Manhattan took place), The Cloisters, Grand Central Station, Macys Herald Square, The Chelsea market (where the Oreo was invented and the home of the food Network and FAT WITCH BROWNIES), Lincoln Center, or just look up.

Architecture: Chrysler Building, Flatiron Building. Empire State Building, Brooklyn Bridge, George Washington Bridge, Wall Street, The Hearst Building (the new Green Marvel of NYC architecture) ETC.

Culture: Museum mile (a whole mile of museums including the Met and the Moma), The American Museum of Natural History and the Hayden Planetarium, New Yorkers we are filled with culture,

Shopping: Soho, Macy's Herald Square, Toy R US (the largest in the world), and those are ON the beaten path.

For the summer come for SummerStage, Shakespeare in the Park, The RenFest in Inwood Park, NY street fairs, The NY Mets and the Yankees, come for one of the last years of Yankee stadium. Cirque Du Soleil's summer show on Randal's Island.

I really could go on FOREVER. We have everything.

Gday Snaps, My brother lives in Brooklyn so I reckon we are gonna see lots of great stuff. They say New Yorkers are one out of the box.

Susannah

Chicago!!! Chicago!!!! There is ALWAYS something to do here. We have We have 7 professional sports teams, and a great lake front city. ~Mandy

Remember Frank Sinatra singing " My kind of town, Chicago is, my kind of town" Love that song!!!!:)

I would love to see Chicago definately. A million good cities in the US and so little time.:):)

Elisabeth, Maine and the Hamptons sound nice. Is Stephen King from Maine?

Susannah

For history also consider St. Augustine FL. Beautiful, and the fountain of youth is there. In Tennesee is Dollywood. (Dolly Parton's theme park) just beautiful. ~Mandy

I love Dolly! She is actually a very accomplished songwriter. Love to See Miami also Piercedqt.

Susannah

Portland, Maine for beauty and great shops and restaurants (check out the lighthouses). Then head north through all the cute harbor towns and end at acadia national park. It is so beautiful I think everyone should see it.

Stephen King lives in Bangor in a blood red mansion.

Portland, Maine for beauty and great shops and restaurants (check out the lighthouses). Then head north through all the cute harbor towns and end at acadia national park. It is so beautiful I think everyone should see it.

Stephen King lives in Bangor in a blood red mansion.

Hi Annie, I really love lighthouses. There is something really soothing and calming about them when they are bathed in moonlight.

Typical that Stephen King should have a blood red mansion. I know he is very proud of Maine.

Susannah