Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what would happend if i go to the movies, and i try some popcorn.< /p>

im 12 days pos surgery.

thank you

Alberto

Please don't eat the popcorn! Movie popcorn is full of fat and salt. Also, the hulls are pretty indigestible and might do you harm this early out. Although I love popcorn, I'm 10 months out and I haven't tried it yet. When I do, I'll make it myself so I know how much fat (if any) has been added.

Why would you even think to eat popcorn. You just had this surgery to loose weight and become healthier.

Bring Water and you will be fine.

Im not trying to eat a whole bucket i.just sayin 2 or 3 post i need to get something different than sweet.

I've been to the movies since surgery and I have taken Snacks from home, I brought Water to drink. The snacks I brought included pepperoni, turkey sausage, and cheese. But I wouldn't do movie theater popcorn. It is unhealthy. If you want popcorn, then pop some at home and sneak it ion. Skinny girl makes 100 calorie popcorn.

Please don't! That sounds like a sure visit to the emergency room. Are you not on liquids for 3 weeks after your surgery? Please be safe and take care of your healing stomach. Good Luck to you!

Go ahead! Go ahead and compromise your health. You obviously have no intentions of following your postop instructions. You have no interest in making the necessary lifestyle changes. You might as well start your road to failure now. Go ahead. Get it over with. Too bad all that money was wasted on you instead of someone willing to take WLS seriously.

I was told to wait at least 3 months for nuts, Pasta, red meat & POPCORN... I know each program is different, but I wouldn't risk it especially 10 days out! I'm over 2 months out and follow my program to a T as I don't want to mess this up! I'm not a huge movie popcorn person...I love the soft pretzels, but never again for me. Bummer, but I'd rather be more comfortable in the seat and w/myself.

I've been to the movies a few times and bring a Protein drink and Water.

I hate to say it, but if going to the movies are a "trigger" for you, then wait for the DVD. :-(

Good Luck!

Edited by kathy0529

I also love popcorn and I do eat movie popcorn, but I did not eat it that soon. I waited until my NUT said it was ok to try it. It is the only thing I eat that is really not that good for me. But I don't eat anything else like Pasta, breads, candy, cake, Cookies. Nothing. So if I have a little popcorn at the movies and stay within my calories. I am good. Just be patient your time will come.

Edited by miller1109

I am 4 wks out and would NOT try popcorn. Have you tried turkey pepperoni... If you microwave 5-10 sec. They are like chips. I would not eat many at your stage but a few could be a movie treat for you. Part of this process is making better choices... And yes some days that is really hard ...

i think some answers were ok and another a kind of aggresive. it was just a question every doctor have different diets and every one of us are different. The many that i spend is not the problem of any one here. you just can tell me i think thats not ok because it will give you some pain and thats it.

i was only 4 days on liquids.

My biggest fear is that the popcorn hulls could cause a leak and that would be so terrible. Your new life will be amazing! I had my surgery on March 24th and was asked to go to a movie with a group of friends 6 days post op. I admit I was dreading getting to the theater and smelling the popcorn but to my disbelief I was not phased at all. My group had popcorn and all kinds of Snacks and it did not interest me in the least. I was really surprised and greatful. I hope my earlier post was not one that offended you because that was definitely not my intent just pure concern.