Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 22 surgery date. Anybody else?

Dr Garcia April 24th.

chickenbugg: Best of luck to you and keep me posted on your progress. I will do the same.

You want believe how much better you will feel. I think when we are overweight for so long we don't

even realize how much our body hurts. I was on major narcotics just to be able to walk and get to

work. I had congestive heart failure, chronic back and leg pain. Now, with so much weight gone, eventhough I have had a hard time, I am a different person. I am off almost all of my medicine and havevery little join pain. Take care and good luck to you.

I am also extremely excited, anxious, nervous, scared, etc.....but very much looking forward to the changes. Edavidson I'm sorry to hear this has been such a tremendous "ordeal" for you. I'm glad you can see the positive and it's great that you are reminding all of us that what we expect is not always what we get. I hope things are better for you sooner rather than later.

chickenbugg I am one of the fortunate obese people that doesn't have comorbidities with my weight. I'm very lucky in that respect especially considering my father and my sister have a plethora of health issues. I'm looking forward to not dealing with the constant pain in my hips, knees and feet.

Fortunately 99.9 percent of all surgeries go without incident. I am so happy for those who are

about to have their surgeries. The difference in the way you feel is so dramatic that you wish you

had done something sooner. I am 61 years old and have been overweight all of my childhood and adult life. For the first time I can see my feet while standing up straight. Even though I have had a

rough four months, I am not sorry. My PCP is trying very hard to get me back on my feet and she is

always reminding me of what I have accomplished. If you hit a snag after surgery, rise above it. Be

strong and keep a positive attitude. Like my beautiful daughter is always telling me, "it is what it

is" mom. This too shall pass and you will be a stronger person for seeing it through.

I'm due April 23rd and would like to keep in touch with people so we can compare notes and just help eachother

Who is doing your surgery ?

I'm in the uk and being operated in by Dr mannur

Mine is the on the 23rd

Who are you going to ?

Yes chickenbugg I had to have bypass over sleeve my stomach was full of bile and inflamed ???? I am 6 days out now and feel like crap I hope it gets better

I'm scheduled 4/23, anyone else going to Mexico? I'll be with Dr. Rodriguez.

Just had my surgery with Dr Rodrigues on April 11th in Juarez. He and his team are amazing. Only thing is that the nursing staff does not speak a lot of English so if you download a translator app on your phone it makes it a lot easier to communicate. I'm only a few days post op and feeling great.