Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You may get constipated still. Ask your doctor for a stool softener. For a while you will only be eating Protein so it is harder to go. The more Water you drink the easier it will be to go as well. Good Luck

I had my surgery on 3-30-15. I didn't have any issues. I'm drinking just fine. My only problem has been diarrhea after Protein. I'm a little impatient and think I'm ready for week 2 foods already!

I'm back! (surgery 3/31). The one thing I'm struggling with are the meds. I'm on Prilosec, colace, cerafate, lovenox (shots), vicoodin liquid, and a gallbladder med (actigall?). In all honesty, I haven't started the gall bladder med, but will do so next week. I love the thought of preventing an acute gall bladder attack which would be very painful, but the horse pill is a bit overwhelming. Fortunately some of the meds will start dropping off soon. Can't wait!

This too shall pass!

Hi CrystalWise84 that's terrible you had to get dehydrated! I worry because I'm not getting enough, I know it. I finally installed this 'hydrate' app on my phone telling it how many oz of Water I need in a day and set the reminder to have me drink every 10 mins. to get me on track. Each day I consider is a progress. Today I as well feel pain free enough to not use the pain meds. So hoping that lasts all day. It's a challenge to get used to my pouch though. It gradually has gotten better and easier to deal with but I'm still at that point where I have to wonder how much is too much and what some of these feelings are telling me. For instance I woke up this morning and it felt like I had a great big bubble in the middle of my chest. Trying to figure out if that's gas or what?? Lol!! I guess time will give us all the answers we seek. GL o Hope you can keep yourself hydrated going forward, it's so very important!

Edited by Loss78

Hi all, I was sleeved on 3/31/15 as well. It went super well. Had some naseau day 1 but that's to be expected. The tough part is chasing hydration. Today started Isopure Protein Drinks. Just shooting for 2 ounces per meal. They smell and taste bad but I'm going to suck it up! I also feel hunger but am guessing it's head hunger since the thought of getting food down is not appealing. Well, I'm excited for everyone and am glad to have everyone to share the journey with!!!

I also was sleeved on 3/31. Spent 1 night in the hospital. I have been having a lot of shoulder and back pain. I'm thinking it's probably the trapped gas. I'm struggling to get my Water and Protein in. I feel like I don't really know what my stomach is telling me - am I hungry, full, nauseous? It's a weird sensation for sure! my stomach makes weird noises every time I take a drink and sometimes it hurts very briefly but that goes away.

@@krissy202001 I AS WELL AM HAVING A HORRIBLE TIME GETTING MY FLUIDS IN I'M JUST SIPPING AS MUCH AS I CAN TAKING A BREAK AND DOING IT AGAIN GET'S PLAYED OUT BUT I KNOW I HAVE TO STAY HYDRATED MY URINE IS TELLING ME GIRL DRINK DRINK DRINK IT'S HARD BUT I GOTTA DO IT, ALSO MY STOMACH DOES THE SAME EXACT THING THE NOISES EVERY TIME I DRINK AND IT DOES SOMETIMES HURT BRIEFLY AND GOES AWAY TOO I'M THINK IT'S JUST THE AIR GOING INTO OUR NEW STOMACH IT'S CRAZY BECAUSE IT CAN BE TINY SIPS BUT IT STILL HAPPENS IN DUE TIME I'M SURE IT WON'T BE AS BAD

I agree suck it up! The more you do it the easier it will be! It still hurts me time to time if I take too big of a sip! I usually remember just as I swallow! I just brace for the impact and a few sec of pain and I'm good! Yesterday was the toughest for me so far, the head hunger was a beast! Keep up the fight lets show em how it's done! BOOM!

@@Butterfly85

Had surgery on 3/31. It was rough! So much pain & nausea! Ouch. But now am feeling good with minimal pain & no nausea. Eating Protein shakes now & focusing on getting the right amount of liquid in a day. My only problem is that I haven't had a bowel movement yet!

OH NO I HATE TO HEAR THAT THANK GOD YOU'RE DOING BETTER NOW, MY SURGERY WENT PRETTY WELL, I'M ACTUALLY DOING BETTER THAN I EXPECTED MYSELF TO DO LOL

GIRL I HEAR YOU I'M TRYING SO HARD TO GET MY Protein shakes IN AND Water I FOUND sugar free POPSICLES HAVE HELPED ME A LOT

I DIDN'T HAVE A BOWEL MOVEMENT UNTIL I STARTED GETTING MY Protein IN GOOD SINCE THEN I'VE BEEN GOING HOPEFULLY AFTER YOU GETTING GOING GOOD ON YOUR PROTEIN YOU'LL HAVE ONE IT'S ANOTHER GOOD WAY TO GET THAT BUILT UP GAS OUT AS WELL KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GIRL WE GOT THIS (-;

@@Butterfly85 I had surgery on March 25th and it went well. I know I'm like a week ahead of you but I'm here if you need to talk. I am trying to make sure I get in all of my Protein and Water. I try to walk every day. Each day gets a little better.

My email is mechele4eva@hotmail.com

AWWWW THANKS I WILL FOR SURE BE EMAILING YOU WE CAN GET THOUGH THIS TOGETHER GIRL

YES GETTING THIS Protein AND Water IN IS A KILLER BUT I KNOW IT HAD TO BE DONE GOTTA STAY HYDRATED I'M GONNA EMAIL YOU (-; HAPPY EASTER GIRLY

I had my surgery on 3/31, too. Happy to connect.

My surgeon also repaired my hiatus hernia during the surgery. I stayed 2 days in the hospital. I'm doing mostly liquids and a little pureed. I find the Protein shakes to be the easiest right now. I had a hard time the first day and night with heaving. Early on it was the anesthesia, but once it wore off, I started to realize that the vomiting was related to the pain button. Once I stopped with the pain meds, the vomiting stopped. My heartburn was pretty bad the first 3 days. It's getting better now. I'm on prilosec or nexium. Working hard to get my Water in. Sometimes Water hurts when it goes down. Trying to take very small sips of water. Sometimes I forget and take a big gulp - that hurts! I had a little bit of a headache today. I need to push water and get more Protein in.

The only thing that concerns me is the soreness in my chest and back and pain when I try to take a deep breath. I'm asthmatic. I suppose the surgery is rough on the body and I know that the hiatus hernia was pretty high up. I'll give it another few days. Meanwhile, I'm practicing deep breathing to exercise my lungs.

Glad to be on the other side of the surgery, though! Honestly, it wasn't that bad.

WOW YOU ARE A TROOPER I'M GLAD EVERYTHING WENT WELL FOR YOU KEEP IT UP AND JUST KNOW DAY BY DAY IT'S GONNA GET BETTER (-;

HAPPY EASTER

I had mine on 3/30. I get to start squishy foods tomorrow. I thought I wasn't going to feel hungry but I did today and felt discouraged.

DON'T FEEL DISCOURAGED GIRL WE'RE HUMAN WE HAD SURGERY ON OUR STOMACH NOT OUR BRAIN SO IT'S GONNA TAKE SOME TIME TO UNDERSTAND OUR NEW STOMACH I TOO HAVE FELT HUNGRY NOT STARVING BUT JUST WANTING SOMETHING MORE THEN Clear Liquids I'M SURE IT WELL GETTING BETTER FOR YOU WHEN YOU GET MORE INTO YOUR SQUISHY FOODS KEEP YOUR HEAD UP GIRL YOU GOT THIS JUST TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME (-; HAPPY EASTER GIRLY

I was sleeved on 03/31/2015. So far so good. I spent one night in the hospital and was able to go home before lunch the next day. I still have the nausea patch that they put on me prior to surgery. I'm kinda scared to take it off. So far I have not really been hungry. I'm drinking lots of Water and have had a few sugar free popsicles. I haven't tried anything else. I get a tightness in my chest (like someone is squeezing and then letting go) after I drink anything or have a popsicle. It is real quick and goes away real fast. Every now and then it happens when I'm just sitting up. I think it is the gas from surgery trying to force its way out. My followup appointment is on Thursday. If its not better by then, I will take with my doctor about it. I'm trying not to worry too much. I'm excited for what the future has in store.

GOODNESS I HOPE IT GET'S BETTER FOR YOU, I HAVE A LOT OF GAS IN MY CHEST BUT I USUALLY WILL MOVE AROUND OR WALK AND IT WILL GO AWAY I ALSO USE THE VOLUMETRIC EXERCISER, STAY POSITIVE YOU GOT THIS DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT TOO MUCH AND STRESS YOURSELF OUT THIS IS ALL NEW FOR USE JUST KNOW YOU'RE NOT IN THIS ALONE GIRL WE CAN DO THIS, THE FUTURE OF A HEALTHIER LIFE IS AT HAND I'M EXCITED FOR US BOTH (-; HAPPY EASTER

Just want to say congratulations to all the losers here. It feels good to be on the other side now. My surgery www also on 03/31. I came home the next day but ended up back in the e.r on Thursday evening severely dehydrated. My bp was 84/48 and I just kept passing out. I spent 7 hours there getting fluids back. Yesterday and today have been great. No pain medicine needed only a Tylenol. I'm having a hard time with the Protein and head hunger. Even the thought of the protein makes me sick. I'm fixing some Unjury chicken broth to try right now and hopefully that will work. If anybody wants to chat I'm here. I have to say it's good to know that even though we are strangers to each other we can be the support team we all need. Good luck to everyone and happy losing!! :-) :-)

I SURE HOPE YOU'RE DOING BETTER I HATE YOU HAD TO GO BACK INTO THE HOSPITAL )-; HOPE THE INJURY CHICKEN BROTH DID THE TRICK FOR YOU, I AGREE WITH YOU 110% IT'S SO GOOD TO KNOW WE'RE ALL STRANGERS TO ONE ANOTHER BUT CAN STILL BE HERE TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER PRETTY AWESOME I LOVE IT, YOU GOT THIS GIRL (-: HAPPY EASTER