Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know how you feel about taking a lot of pills everyday. I take 16 pills a day plus my 6 Calcium and 2 Multivitamins. They are a meal in themselves ;) I have really had to space everything out through out my day so I don't get full on pills and am able to only have a few at a time in my sleeve to help keep my absorption levels steady. It truly is a scheduling nightmare now that my rxminder app goes off every 90 minutes from 6:15 am until 10 pm. I am all for the cookie idea and would gladly buy them if it meant less pills!

@@Luvin_Life125

Since you've been sleeved, have you noticed any issues with the sleeve in regards to having to take so many pills? Have you experienced any ulceration or pain or has any of it been "thrown" back at you? Any negative results? I am curious as to how these things are affecting my sleeve, and was wondering if anyone had had negative effects from Vitamins, prescribed meds.... Have you noticed a greater production of acid? Sorry if this is intrusive, only answer if you feel comfortable. Thanks!

My spouse has had major reflux since surgery. I can't take Tums or Rolaids. Each time I tried I threw up. Already had reflux before surgery so that isn't new for me.Hate the time I have to devote to spreading the pills out.

@@Luvin_Life125

Since you've been sleeved, have you noticed any issues with the sleeve in regards to having to take so many pills? Have you experienced any ulceration or pain or has any of it been "thrown" back at you? Any negative results? I am curious as to how these things are affecting my sleeve, and was wondering if anyone had had negative effects from Vitamins, prescribed meds.... Have you noticed a greater production of acid? Sorry if this is intrusive, only answer if you feel comfortable. Thanks!

Please don't ever worry about asking me questions. I am an open book and don't have much I am not willing to discuss no matter how personal.

I have noticed much more acid problems since being sleeved. I have had pills get stuck at the junction of my stomach and esophagus causing major horrible acid back flow. It usually happens with my larger sized pills (ie Vitamins, 40mg omeprazole, etc.). The only way I have been able to get the meds unstuck is by eating something followed by a lot of Mylanta. Before my sleeve I was able to take my medicines by the handful and never had a problem. Now I have to space them out and be careful of their size. The pills sometimes get stuck, sometimes cause reflux, sometimes feel like they are all stuck together and sitting like a rock, etc. the sleeve has definitely changed the way I take medication and how the medications affect my stomach. Fortunately, I haven't had any medicine thrown back at me yet, but I have always (since the sleeve) taken a few pills at a time and kept them spaced so there is less chance of them clumping up. No new ulcers that I know of either, but I have never had symptoms even when I have raging ulcers. I hope it helps to know you aren't alone. We each have to find a way to cope with our new body part.

I am so sorry you have to deal with all this CRAP. And sorry about that word, but I couldn't think of a more appropriate one!

Where I live in Washington, we have a pharmacy called Medicine Man, where they create medicines specifically for those who wish to be organic in all aspects of their lives. They create all kinds of hormonal therapies ...based on a doctor who specializes in this kind of medicine's prescriptions. I have yet to look into it personally, but I'm wondering if they can make special concoctions for specific Vitamin needs. I see you are from Wisconsin (I was raised in Minnesota myself), but if you are near a bigger city, you may just have a pharmacy like it. It might be worth checking into specialty Vitamins, perhaps a liquid blend that would be better on your new tummy. They may just have done this before, and it would certainly be worth looking into. Just an idea.

And thank you for always being willing to help out, and to answer folk's questions. And for having eloquent ways of answering, MUCH appreciated! Hope you have a great day tomorrow!

@@CanyonBaby

Thank you for your compliments. I always try to help if I can because that is why we are all here. I have received so much support and help from these boards, I hope I can help others as much as I have been helped.

THanks for the suggestion of looking into a compounding Vitamin shop. We are in a very rural location and the closest larger city is at least a 90 minute drive each way, and the Twin Cities are almost 3 hours away. Unfortunately, that kind of drive will limit my choices. I am going to search online though and see what I can find. It is always worth trying! And please don't worry about all of the crap. It is part of life and is much easier to go with the flow. I don't even think about it much, I would rather spend my time finding ways to streamline what I need and then forget about it. Life is much easier this way.

I hope you have a wonderful day today also! It is rainy here, so it looks like a good day to clean out a closet or 2. My kids are outgrowing all of their clothes and it is much easier to purge their closet while they are at school!

I found (and my NUT approved) Upcal D for my Calcium supplement. I put a packet in hot tea, but you can use whatever you like, and it has no flavor that I can taste. Hope you find something you like! :D

http://www.amazon.com/Global-Health-Upcal-D-packets/dp/B000SONA14

@CanyonBaby

You can find it on Amazon I know for sure, but maybe a quick google search would provide more options. I did the individual packets to make it easier, but you could certainly just buy a bottle which may be cheaper. Hope this helps!

Link to amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Global-Health-Upcal-D-packets/dp/B000SONA14/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428937349&sr=8-1&keywords=upcal+d

Haha @@CanyonBaby , that is great! And you are so welcome, I hope you like it like I do! :) (A little tip if you do put it in tea and not mixed in a smoothie or something is to keep a spoon handy and stir frequently. I do find some of it settles on the bottom if I don't do that. Otherwise, it's perfect!)

@I'mALoserBaby

Yeah, I've noticed that with the other calcium citrate I use. But I gotta have it, so what are ya gonna do?! The best part is having it pre-measured, because I am getting that stuff ALL OVER THE PLACE with what I am using now. Looks either like Christmas, or a cocaine-fest!!!

Think I mistakenly said I used "Caltrate" in my last post. Citrical has calcium citrate "petite" tablets that I've been taking since 6 months post-op with no problems. I take 2 tabs twice daily and 4 tabs of my optisource multivitamins throughout the day. I couldn't tolerate the awful chewable Calcium, I just wouldn't take it. The calcium petites have never gotten stuck or anything, and the MV chews are not gross tasting. Honestly, at 6 months post, reasonably sized tablets are just fine...forget the chewables!