Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many times per week do you exercise?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How many times per week do you exercise?

• Zero times per week
    • Two to three times per week
    • Four times per week
    • Five plus times per week

Deanna,

I'm going to run in the spring when...we can virtually coach each other.

If I can do it you can too...

I know you have a competitive spirit. I'll egg you on.

Deanna you crack me up! The challenge is to be fast enough to get him to BEG you to slow down! lol

JC

Another thought is the first few weeks of that couch to 5k program would be a great 20-30min warm up before a Bike ride. :-)

JC

AWESOME JC!!!! I am jealous...I wanna runnnnnnnnnnnnn!!! I don't think I ever will though, my DH has bad knees, with several knee surgeries, do he wouldn't be able to do it with me, and he is my exercise coach!!!

Chimboree...it is soooooooo nice to see someone actually get "it" before being banded. I knew I was going to change my life with exercise because I have done it before years ago. But I think soooo many people just expect this band to come alive inside of them and do all this work for them and they won't have to do a thing.....wish everyone would realize it is still a lot of hard work on the banders part. You are awesome and inspirational. If you need to be accountable to someone for your exercise....you can be to me!!!! If you need to talk about it....you can talk away all you want...

Everyone who exercises ROCKS!!! Keep up the good work and remember how sexy, lean and mean you are gonna be at the end of the weight loss journey!!! Deanna

Deanna, thank you so much for offering to be my accountability partner! That would be great!!! :biggrin1: And thanks for the encouragement. I have really done my research/homework regarding the band. You're so right. Many, unfortunately, think the wt loss is an automatic thing and they can 'check out'. No auto-piloting here for me. I am gonna work my butt off. I will PM you my info so w/can discuss this accountability thing.

There are some days I workout 6 times but for the most part I workout two to three times a day.

Morning bike ride 15min heart rate 100

morning break at work 15 min walk around the block

As soon as I leave work walk 4 miles in an hour the head to the gym for free weights.

Night time at home watching tv 30min 60min or 90min stationary cycle.

Weekends either long bicycle ride or kayaking.

Some days absolutely nothing.

Just completed week 1 of couch to 5k today!!

Cool Running :: The Couch-to-5K Running Plan

JC

JC, this looks like a great program...I may have to try this out...I want to run sooo bad, but right now my body just won't have it. Like AReelLady, I get jealous when I see people running...I don't like to run, but I'm sure once I get some of this wt off, that may change.

All this talk about running....I WANT to run. When I walk I feel like there is a hand on my back pushing me to run. But alas, my body hurt when I started to do a minute run, a minute walk...I was doing a 10 week 0-20 minutes of running program.

So, I'll wait until spring. I should see one-derland before Christmas, maybe even Thanksgiving. I figure it should be a better time to try again. My goal is to keep on the bike until it gets too cold, then I'm going to hire a trainer to work with me, then in the spring I'll start running and biking again.

Look out skinny, here I come!:)

OK I dusted off the trike and headed to the James Van Fleet Trail. We refer to it as the Green Swamp Trail.

I only made 18 miles and should have only made about 11 or 12 because of thunderstorms in the area. I am talking about a very close call!

I posted some cool pics on my photobucket account Green Swamp Van Fleet Album

str8jacket29 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I guess it may be time for me to leave the board. I am getting to the point where the whining about lack of restriction (when they can only eat three teaspoons of food at a time) and the constant talk of super high Protein diets (that have not been found to be safe as yet - don't go finding links to sites on the net to "back it up", or sway me, all my doctors agree there simply is not enough long term studies to say either way if it is safe or not) all the Protein Drink talk (isn't the idea of the band to stay away from liquid calories?)

I know what you mean about things getting to you. Mine are:

OMG! I can eat three teaspoons of food, I need a fill!!! Those people know they don't need a fill, they just like to read their own words on a computer screen.

I only lost 10 pounds last week, I need a fill!! They know full well they don't need a fill and they merely want recognition for losing 10 lbs. I'm not saying recognition is a bad thing, it's the way they go about doing it.

I had surgery yesterday and today I ate a steak and two chicken breasts on my clear liquid diet, is that okay? This one makes something in my head pop. I just want to smack those people. Not sure why this one gets to me so much, but it does. If they want to ruin their chance for success, so be it. It's their life and no skin off my nose but for whatever reason it really gets to me.

I'm having severe chest pain and difficulty breathing, what should I do? How about quit posting on message boards and go to a hospital? The thought never crosses their minds.

I don't chew well, I take big bites, and I eat way more than I should. Food gets stuck and I throw up, why is that? Should I get an unfill? I don't know, Sparky, I have no idea. That one is a stumper.

I throw up 467 times a week, is this a problem? Oye veh....

I have to do a pre op diet starting today. It's 10AM and I am STARVING! I can't do this!! Yikes.

Yep, I know what you mean. :)

I am in the gym every day for cardio. On days I work, I do anywhere from 50 to 65 minutes. On days I'm off, I do somewhere btwn 2 and 2 1/2 hrs depending on how I'm feeling.

4 nights a week, I go back in to lift. I do circuit training mainly with freeweights. I could have lost alot more weight if I was not lifting so frequently or as much weight. I just feel better when I lift. I don't go overly heavy, compared to before, but I do make sure I am challenged.

I was just banded 3/18 but I have started up my regular routine again at the gym. I have only been back three times so far and I go 3-4 days a week doing 55minutes of cardio each time. I will be increasing my workouts as I heal. I am unable to swim my normal 30 additional min right now but look forward to doing it again soon.

My weight loss is fabulous and I think it has a lot to do with working out. I have lost 17 pounds since banding and continue to loss nearly a pound every other day. I love working out and how it makes me feel. I started my routine in Jan. 2008 to prepare my body for surgery and to get fit.

Paula

your are doing great, and I'm so happy for you. I have switched boards, as I find people on the main post board whine, that

a. they are not loosing weight

b. they are hungry

etc, etc,

I'm so pleased with the board, as I too exercise 6 times a week, not to your level yet. I walk 3 times a week for 50 min, fast, and work out with a trainer 2 x a week for 1 hour. I started walking right after my surgery, and have increased my levels. I feel so much better and am so determinted to shed my weight and be health. I hope to have done as well as you soon. again I am so happy for you.

Hopefully people on the other board wake up and rember the band is only a tool.

That is the key thing to remember. It is a tool, only a tool to HELP you lose weight. No magic band that MAKES you lose weight.

I love my band it is a constant reminder that I can do it I have a friend to help me. And my friend the band lets me know that I cant eat donuts anymore And remindes me to eat slow and to pay attention to what I eat.

So on top of that if I work out I can do more.

I just began exercising. I finally feel like I might not die if I do. Plus my daughter is making me... ha ha... she really is trying to help.

I exercise 3-4x a week in a gym and the other days I try to stay busy and active. Before my band, I didn't have the energy, I was too tired and felt defeated trying to lose weight because I knew I would just gain it back, but now I have a whole new approach. I like going to the gym now, even on days I don't feel so hot. Its too hot to work out and walk outside here in Texas so in a gym is the only way I will do it. I prefer not to melt away,, haha. Probably half the bandsters I know work out, half don't .

i don't exercise, and i don't lose very much weight.

i really need to start. i have however started taking the stairs at work, so i climb approx 9 flights of stairs and go down 12. lol..that is a big improvement for me...:thumbup:

i really need to start exercising, for real instead of just climbing the stairs at work.