Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Venting About Poor Forum Etiquette

@@mrs kaje Like it or not, out in the business world how you present yourself is going to make a difference.

Yep, you're right - it sure does. Fun fact: this isn't the business world, nor are you grading an English exam, so there's no need for douche-level judgement.

It annoys me, too, however I suck at lots of things that the next bad speller could excel at - I'm not better than them just because I can string together a sentence. I don't think their opinion is invalid just because they can't articulate it.

I must be confused does anyone really give a rats furry a** who's reading their comment and who's not? There's not even a way to tell who's actually read anything unless they make a comment about it. I think some of you may have been deprived of attention as a child?! Post, get replies, leave replies, move it on down the line....what's the term I'm looking for here?....oh yes, "Keep it simple stupid". KISS for short. Kiss, kiss, kiss!

With all the talk about spelling around this thread, I can't help but wonder why there are so many people who do not have a built in spell checker in their web browser. If I spell a word wrong, it puts a red line under it. It's quite simple.

When the red line shows up, I right click and get the correct spelling. Usually it's a word I know how to spell, but it's a typo . It's still easier to right click and have the computer correct it than to back space and respell the word correctly..

With all the talk about spelling around this thread, I can't help but wonder why there are so many people who do not have a built in spell checker in their web browser. If I spell a word wrong, it puts a red line under it. It's quite simple.

My mobile doesn't do it for this forum.

@@mrs kaje Like it or not, out in the business world how you present yourself is going to make a difference.

Yep, you're right - it sure does. Fun fact: this isn't the business world, nor are you grading an English exam, so there's no need for ******-level judgement.

It annoys me, too, however I suck at lots of things that the next bad speller could excel at - I'm not better than them just because I can string together a sentence. I don't think their opinion is invalid just because they can't articulate it.

Correct. I am a business owner and I absolutely demand proper grammar and spelling from my team members on all business documents. I have to remind myself from time to time that this is an online forum comprised of people from all over the world, different socio/economic backgrounds, educational levels, and different levels of plain ol' just don't give a sh!t.

That's what makes this place so much fun.

Wow I'm a little shocked. I actually unfollowed this thread a couple weeks ago because it was no longer productive and I refuse to continue defending my point when most people reading it refuse to listen. I signed on today for the first time in a week and received a private message from someone who has already claimed in this thread that they are no longer involving themselves with this conversation anymore. It amazes me the amount of trouble some people go through to have the last word. I really don't care what anyone's opinion is on the matter. To those of you that took the time to think about the point I was trying to get across, and responded maturely and appropriately, thank you for your time.

I'm going to continue not following this thread because it has apparently become a cesspool for the poor, unfortunate individuals that have nothing better to discuss than trying to call me a bully because I have higher standards than they do. I feel sorry for those of you that feel my rant was inappropriate because we should lower our standards to accomodate those that are too lazy to meet the standards of society. As for those incapable for one reason or another, I will, as always, continue to support the effort they make and be proud of their accomplishments.

@@LipstickLady is it possible you could lock this thread?

Edited by beachgurl84

I think it would be a good idea for everyone to recall that this is the "Rants and Raves" forum.

Last I heard this was the place to vent pet peeves or perhaps even get on a soapbox, in a manner that you probably wouldn't do in one of the other forums.

So, with this in mind, everyone (please), back away from the computer, take a deep breath, and be nice!

... it has apparently become a cesspool for the poor, unfortunate individuals that have nothing better to discuss than trying to call me a bully because I have higher standards than they do. I feel sorry for those of you that feel my rant was inappropriate because we should lower our standards to accomodate those that are too lazy to meet the standards of society...

WOW. A "final word" with some pretty heavy insults on the way out... :(

Why aren't people able to disagree without being ugly about it?