Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Venting About Poor Forum Etiquette

Girl, I twist a LOT of people and in turn, there are a few that twist my words like a tornado. I consider the source and move on. ;)

I think my eyes are bleeding now

Yeesh!! You b!tchen about that, too!?!?!?!?!

:mellow:

:o

:P

No it's perfectly ok for my eyes to bleed, just use correct grammar when asking. LOL!!!!

Okay I'll play... Mine is seeing this same thread idea over and over. /rant over/

@@Elode -- What about large purple Comic Sans????

myfav's are Irregardless is not an actual word. The word you should use is regardless.

and

I could care less”,actually means you do care

@@CanyonBaby

Thanks for your response, because some of us "newbies" haven't had the opportunity to learn everything about this site yet and may post things that have been previously posted....... GOD FORBID :)

I do love this site and the advice I've been given from it! I'm also starting to see the ones who are judgmental and "picky" about what you post!

blah blah blah

But I guess we all have the right to voice our opinion? Don't we? LOL

No it's perfectly ok for my eyes to bleed, just use correct grammar when asking. LOL!!!!

LOL!!! I hate to say, but I think I've enjoyed the mini hijacks in this thread the most!

Thank you @LipstickLady I think I broke my nose slamming it against the screen!! LOL

Oh...if only I could find cursive!!! (wait...did I spell that write?) ;-)

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!

And while we're at it ...

Nauseated, people.

It's nauseated. Not nauseous.

:rolleyes:

Per Merriam-Webster dictionary:

NAUSEOUS
adjective nau·seous \ˈn-shəs, ˈn-zē-əs\

: feeling like you are about to vomit

: causing you to feel like you are going to vomit

: causing disgust

Full Definition of NAUSEOUS
1: causing nausea or disgust : nauseating
2: affected with nausea or disgust
nau·seous·ly adverb
nau·seous·ness noun
See nauseous defined for English-language learners
See nauseous defined for kids
Usage Discussion of NAUSEOUS
Those who insist that nauseous can properly be used only in sense 1 and that in sense 2 it is an error for nauseated are mistaken. Current evidence shows these facts: nauseous is most frequently used to mean physically affected with nausea, usually after a linking verb such as feel or become; figurative use is quite a bit less frequent. Use of nauseous in sense 1 is much more often figurative than literal, and this use appears to be losing ground to nauseating. Nauseated is used more widely than nauseous in sense 2.
Examples of NAUSEOUS
  1. The smell of gasoline makes me nauseous.
  2. I began to feel nauseous.

I only read a few pages and skipped to the end, but this was just one thread I couldn't keep quiet on. I understand that it drives people crazy when the same question is asked over and over again, but I just have to wonder if some remember back to when they were a "newbie" and Bariatric Pal was their main source of information. I do realize posters sometimes don't use the search to see if the question has been asked before. You also have people like me, wanting to ask a question but frantically searching all the forums for a question like some crazed timid little new kid and then just about stroking out with anxiety before hitting that POST button in fear of what others may think of your question. I spend about 30 minutes searching if it's been asked before and worrying that a reader may give that "behind the computer eye roll". Nobody should feel that way on an INTERNET forum. I can't just pick up the phone and ask my surgeon's office how scrambled eggs went down the first time they ate it?!?! That is what this site is for! And about the grammar, it's shameful that people don't take into consideration that years ago some didn't get proper education. For instance, my mother is now a very well-off upstanding woman who has worked her ass off for everything they have along with my dad. What have they made a living off all of their life??? Farming. She grew up very poor and farmed the rice fields all day every day. They didn't have time for school nor were they told or made to go. They were made to WORK if they wanted to eat. She later in life married my dad, learned to read well, and got a GED. She had twin girls who ended up being a Nurse Practitioner and an RN after a full ride to college. What can she not do? SPELL!!! She's not lazy, she just struggles with grammar, punctuation, and spelling. She had bypass and won't post on here for fear of sounding stupid and people silently mocking her about it. I had an amazing education, but it was my non-grammar using parent who busted her ass to save money so that I could enjoy having the luxury of learning properly.