Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Man did u have to pay!

Hey dont feel bad im a single parent of 2 and i have to cook meals a prepare Snacks this is a total 360! Ive snagged a snippet or cheese pizza once only a pinch it went down well but i told myself i got lucky and im trying so hard to stear clear of forbidden foods its so hard with the smells in the air and the lost of chewing i went through a litter depression area a week after my surgery because i guess i was mourning the lost of my right to eat and in a way i still am .. O what i wouldn't give to down a bottle of ice cold Water (surgery date 3-23)

Hey dont feel bad im a single parent of 2 and i have to cook meals a prepare Snacks this is a total 360! Ive snagged a snippet or cheese pizza once only a pinch it went down well but i told myself i got lucky and im trying so hard to stear clear of forbidden foods its so hard with the smells in the air and the lost of chewing i went through a litter depression area a week after my surgery because i guess i was mourning the lost of my right to eat and in a way i still am .. O what i wouldn't give to down a bottle of ice cold Water (surgery date 3-23)

Same day as me and yes I cry like a baby sometimes too but I have a chronic back pain and I'm hoping this helps to relieve the pain once I lose the weight!! Thanks for the words

Same day as me and yes I cry like a baby sometimes too but I have a chronic back pain and I'm hoping this helps to relieve the pain once I lose the weight!! Thanks for the words
anytime darling happy healing to u!

anytime darling happy healing to u!

Same to u!!

I can't believe nobody told you that after surgery up until the time they give you the okay YOU MUST ABSOLUTELY NOT DEVIATE FROM the list of foods OR liquids they tell you to eat. Every time I had an appointment I also met with a nutritionist who gave me a new list of things to eat/ drink. I cant believe they didn't do that for you. Two weeks after I had mostly liquids yet an some items had to come from their stores. Soup mixes, shake mixes an everything tasted awful. I am at 9 weeks an still on 1/4-1/2 cup servings of soft foods on their list. If you even take a taste of anything else you probably will throw it up even after two hours. An that hurts. So above all follow exactly the diet they give you. If they didn't then ask for one. There aRe foods you will NEVER be able to eat. An one is probably fast food. I can't even eat fruits nor vegetables yet. One serving of food isn't much but it has to be all Protein so we get the 60 grams protein. Then when the time comes, if it ever does, then we might be able to add them. Hopefully. They didn't tell us a LOT of things pro op.

This response is quite harsh, I think she was just trying to give warning to others that are like her. Not every doctor and nutritionist works like you and hands you a printed out list. My surgeon I was on pursers food before I was allowed to be discharged. A month out and I was cleared for everything so that is not the case. I've also have zero issues with eating anything I've tried. Personally I think the longer you stay away from something the more reason your body has to reject it. Just because your surgeon has one set of rules does not mean that another surgeons are wrong please keep that in mind. You're coming off quite rude in my opinion and not helpful just yelling at her like you would a child.

Thanks @ce24. ????

I think eventually you will be able to eat watermelon. I was sleeved nine months ago and can eat fruit. I also eat vegetables and some carbs. My diet plan says to eat at least sixty grams of carbs and less than 140 grams of carb.. Also sixty grams of Protein or more. I haven't lost weight quickly with this ,but steadily. So I have lost a total of eighty seven pounds in the past year. Fifty seven pounds in the last nine months.

My nut told me when I was five weeks I could have watermelon bananas and strawberrys but to try small bites and mash it at first and try one at a time/ per day apples and pear peaches without skin chew very well just no seeds like raspberrys or blackberry so I've had the first three and (peaches thawed from frozen) I'm eight weeks post op sleeve this coming tue got apples today will be trying soon had Tomato today going to try de seeded cucumber tomm I've also had very soft broccoli and yams also approved by nut I've eaten cooked onions peppers and mushrooms too so far so good

I agree some of the previous responses were too harsh. In the future hopefully you will be able to add the watermelon. Your body could have also been quite thirsty and watermelon has a high Water content. I actually experience some dumping with certain fruits but for the most part handle them very well. I am almost one year post-op. I reached my surgeons goal a while ago and am working on reaching a lower BMI and increasing muscle mass. Previously I saw that someone had said no carbs and no sugar ever. Incorrect. Our bodies need carbs and sugar for brain function and energy etc. We simply have to be quite a bit more restrictive with them. Also, as far as not being able to have pastries and such. Guess what? I make my own. Yep...they are many bariatric friendly recipes and I have been coming up with my own as well. I make delicious flourless breads and muffins which my family loves. You can absolutely live deliciously but it does require a bit of research and experimentation in the kitchen. People always apologize and say "oh I'm sorry you can't have that can you," pitying me. So, when the family gets together I make bariatric friendly dishes and don't tell them until after...lol. Yesterday I made an apple crisp (no sugar except what is in the fruit) and I made a buffalo chicken dip with Greek yogurt and reduced fat/calorie cheese with quinoa chips which have 8g of Protein per serving plus all of the Protein in chicken, cheese, and Greek yogurt. I told them after they ate it all up, as well as a little for myself, it was "bariatric friendly" and they were shocked. Don't pity me people of the world I can still eat yummy foods...lol...but that is the stigma that comes with the surgery.

My guidelines are also very strict. In my classes we had forever do's and forever don'ts concerning food and behavior. We never had to buy any shakes or foods from the University's Hospital I went to (personally I think it's a way to take advantage and make a chunk of change from patients) but in order to think the best of people it could also be because they care about what you ingest those first few weeks. Like it was mentioned before guidelines vary from program to program. Even from the most prestigious of places. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I think we can all agree we want the best for each other and want all to succeed. Sometimes we just don't put it as delicately as we should. But such is our dealings with the outside world as well. Don't let it scare you away please continue to share and contribute your triumphs and struggles. ????

Thank you ????

This is good info thx!! Sorry it hurt you! This is what I'm scared of after my surgery I'll do things I'm not supposed to! I have poor self control it worries me!

I'm pretty sure it was the little piece that went down & did that. Hopefully your sleeve doesn't have dumping from a bit of juice. I take those warnings as a little slap on the hand and thank God for them...or I might have jumped on that Little Ceasers Hot n Ready Bacon Crust pizza they played OVER & OVER during my extended recovery! ;) like others said just take it slow. Lord knows I've licked more things in the last 2 months than I've ever licked in my whole life. (Dill pickle chips are my licking weakness) just take that pain as a Learning experience as it sounds like you have. You'll do great! Chin up :)

It should be clear for anyone who reads this forum that there is no 'one size fits' all result. In my case, there was little pain, I was able to drink with no problems immediately after surgery, and at 10 days post-op, I am able to consume soft foods with no problems. Heck, I am even able to eat shellfish (shrimp) only 10 days post-op. Most of this is result of my sleeve doc, who I believe to be one of the best on the planet.

One sleever on a YouTube video shared a GREAT approach on post-op feeding ... which was simply this: When ever you consume a 'new food', take one bite and then wait 10 minutes. See how your body reacts. If its ok, then your good. If you have a negative reaction, stop but come back to that same food (w/ 10 minute test) after a few days.

Everything just takes time ... one day at a time ... one meal at a time ... one bite at a time.

Cheers!

-RC-