Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Im just starting the process

I'm in Kentucky, but welcome to listen and share all my experience with anyone. New to this too. Just started on April 1st. Already have all my testing done except for my endoscopy. Everyone's testing depends on their physical problems. At my first visit they went over a detailed list of ailments which told them which tests I needed for surgery. They also had already ran my insurance, but I had called the company myself to see my cost. Lot's of people on here willing to listen and answer many questions. Good luck ????????????

This journey is far from over but I got my surgery date: August 17th! A few weeks ago (6 months into the process) my surgeon Dr. Medvetz quit the practice and I thought I would have to start all over! Thankfully I found a surgeon in the same practice, Dr. Salcone who has great reviews, so easy to talk to, and sensing my frustration he gave me a date rather quickly. My enthusiasm is back and I am sooooo ready, it's been a long time coming; 20+ years in fact!!

I have to lose at least lose 40 pounds to get this surgery and it's been tough for me I put weight on then take off put on take off I'm in the plateau and he doesn't want to come off what am I supposed to do? If u can email me some. Suggestions please at angela80463@yahoo.com

Edited by angela80463

Angela80463 maybe replace Breakfast with a shake. And start watching things your eating and drinking already

I have to lose at least lose 40 pounds to get this surgery and it's been tough for me I put weight on then take off put on take off I'm in the plateau and he doesn't want to come off what am I supposed to do? If u can email me some. Suggestions please at angela80463@yahoo.com

I know what helped me was my dietician. Very affordable and only saw her once a month. Low carb is what I did.

I have heard that's one of the qualifications for some insurance, thankfully not mine! -That never made sense to me! If you can lose weight all willy nilly then you wouldn't need the WLS! But the Protein Shakes and green smoothies as Meal Replacements worked for me! I didn't lose 40 at most I lost 15 but with my medication it comes right back!

Agreed, if we could lose 40 lbs more easily we wouldn't be struggling so much. Mine doesn't require weight loss either. Just no substantial increase. But because I don't eat breakfast I added a Protein Shake. May as well change now. Also started the easy exercises last month after the class. I need to because after 5 failed back surgeries, I need to strengthen my body too.

@@Tazi I am also just beginning this journey. I have 5 months of nutrition classes left and cardiologist and pulmonary drs to see. Plus EDG test next month. It's a 6 month journey but it will be a sweet ending. I'm from south jersey. Welcome aboard!

Make sure you get your Letter of Medical Necessity from your PCP with all your weight and attempted weight loss program history. The red tape getting medical records, especially during the summer when doctors are taking vacations, has been my primary hold up in the process. Good luck to you!

Mommyfrog3.....welcome. I wish you the best in your journey.

So after all doctors and paperwork I was finally approved. It the insurance a total of 34 days to approve my case. I was approved on July 21. I was able to see Dr Goldstein on July 24 before he went on his vacation. My original surgery date was August 5 but was changed due to short staff. Now it is for August 26 at 10am. Thanks everyone for support and advice. I am still here if need my help or just want someone to talk to. Good luck everyone!

Hey everyone! I’m in Willingboro, NJ anyone near me? :)

Welcome Future Fine Apple from Central Ohio. I will be having an RnY next month at the Ohio State University Hospital. I've been on my journey since August 2015 and it hasn't completed yet.

On 06/05/2018 at 16:06, futurefineapple said:

Hey everyone! I’m in Willingboro, NJ anyone near me? :)
Im in Browns Mills nj but i am in Willingboro all the time for work.