Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEEL HORRIBLE EVERY MORNING

SO SOME OF MY ISSUES HAVE SUBSIDED, BUT EVERY SINGLE MORNING I STILL HAVE ANXIETY AND JUST FEEL ALL AROUND JUST BAD. I DON'T START FEELING BETTER UNTIL ABOUT 9 AM AND I WAKE UP BEFORE 5 AUTOMATICALLY. DOES ANYONE EXPERIENCE THESE ROUGH MORNINGS? THANKS

When was your surgery?

What is your morning routine.

Example, vitmins didn't set well on my morning tummy...

10 WEEKS OUT, I USUALLY BRUSH MY TEETH AND HAVE SOME Water FIRST. BUT I ALREADY FEEL BAD WHEN I WAKE UP. IT USUALLY TAKES A LITTLE WHILE BEFORE I CAN STAND TO HAVE A Protein DRINK OR EGG. I DONT NECESSARILY HAVE NAUSEA I JUST FEEL QUEASY OR SOMETHING. I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT I JUST FEEL BAD FOR THE FIRST FEW HOURS OF THE DAY.

Were you an anxious person pre-op. What are you anxious about? Call your doctor. You may need something for your nerves. It's not uncommon for people to have anxiety post-op. I was put on xanax for a short period after I had my hysterectomy. The surgery and removal of internal body parts can sometimes throw your hormones out of whack.

Try drinking warm tea before everything. Some people have spasms. Then eat a little something then meds.

I think you received good suggestions.

I felt weird - icky - not quite human for at least 12 weeks post op. Besides my stomach being a bit queasy, i had this very odd sensation of "observing' myself rather than feeling fully present in my world. I know that sounds kinda nuts, but it did go away. I suspect it is the after effects of anesthesia or the trauma of surgery or maybe just the not being able to overeat to soothe my soul? i don't really know, but it was odd and unsettling.

Herbal tea (which isn't real tea and has no caffiene) also helped as I couldn't tolerate plain Water in those early months.

@BLERDGIRL I didn't have anxiety before. I do have a prescription now which I take right before bed hoping that it will help. But I wake up really early and the nervousness, anxiety, and worry sets in about anything and everything. I absolutely hate it. I can't wait to go to bed at night because I'm really tired but I dread waking up so badly.

I usually wake up between 3 and 4 feeling like total crap. But only for a little while. It's a strange feeling. Like so hungry that I feel like I am STARVING, but nauseous too. I hate it. I just drink some juice and it calms down. So I calm down. Then I watch Netfix until my day starts at 630 and then drag my tired butt to bed at 8pm. Even with Ambian or Lunesta I don't sleep like I did when I was younger. I don't think mine is surgery related though. I hope yours gets better soon!!

@TWIRPO75 GOSH THAT SOUNDS SO MUCH LIKE ME, I TAKE MELATONIN BUT IT DOESN'T HELP ME TO sleep LATER. THE BEST TWO NIGHT sleep I GOT WERE OVER THE WEEKEND WHEN I TOOK A WHOLE NAUSEA PILL PLUS THE ANXIETY PILL. MY MORNING ACTUAL NAUSEA HAS SUBSIDED BUT I STILL HAVE THAT WEIRD FEELING AND FEEL LIKE CRAP. I'M SURPRISED I CAN ACTUALLY MAKE MYSELF GET READY FOR WORK FEELING LIKE THAT. HOW FAR OUT ARE YOU??????????

@BLERDGIRL I didn't have anxiety before. I do have a prescription now which I take right before bed hoping that it will help. But I wake up really early and the nervousness, anxiety, and worry sets in about anything and everything. I absolutely hate it. I can't wait to go to bed at night because I'm really tired but I dread waking up so badly.

Call your doctor and explain how you are feeling. You may need your meds adjusted. There is no reason to feel bad every day.

For the first four weeks after surgery I felt sick every morning. I can only describe it as "morning sickness." That's what I called it. Now that I am eating more Protein instead of drinking it, I am feeling much better. Like BLERDgirl said, "no reason to feel bad every day." Call your weight loss clinic and explain what is going on.

For the first four weeks after surgery I felt sick every morning. I can only describe it as "morning sickness." That's what I called it. Now that I am eating more Protein instead of drinking it, I am feeling much better. Like BLERDgirl said, "no reason to feel bad every day." Call your weight loss clinic and explain what is going on.

That's where I am now. I feel like crap most mornings til just after noon. I still have to take anti nausea meds before I eat anything.

If you take your anxiety meds at night on an empty stomach you may end up nauseous or queasy in the morning.