Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MyFitnessPal

I have used this app for over two years now. I would be lost without it! To get the numbers correct, I adjusted the percent of fat, Protein and carbs to match the grams of Protein I needed to eat at the time. I really only pay a lot of attention to protein since that is the most important one for me to track (that and calories – I also keep a close eye on those). I have adjusted the percent depending on where I have been at in my journey. Currently I am at 50% Carbs, 30% Protein, and 20% Fat. But I am approaching two years out and have lost all of my excess weight (I have a normal BMI). I am working on weight maintenance now. 30% Protein gives me the range I need to maintain for my protein intake.

MFP has helped me lose 210 pounds and I am maintaining that loss with its help. My husband, who did not have WLS has lost 50 pounds using the App. I believe that this is the best weight loss tool I have ever found – and its FREE!

Best of luck to you!

Carol

I use it, but I don't do a specific percentage configuration.

ETA: I rechecked because I have my calorie limit set to 900 and I want to get no more than 100gms of Protein a day. My numbers look like this:

900 calories 35 carbs 45 Protein 20 fat. I typically get between 80 -100 gm of protein/ 750- 900 calories a day. Doing an average of the 7 days my numbers for this week are 794 calories, 65 carbs, 28 fat, 88 gms protein. I know it's a weird combination, but since I have so far to go I try to keep calories low and protein high. My carbs probably are higher than what most eat, but they are mostly plant based because I am vegetarian.

Personally I need 100-120 grams a day so I have my Protein set at 40%

My only fustration with the app is that it is not easier to see see my protein count throughout the day. Id like the option to replace the calorie count with protein. #firstworldproblems lol

If you click on nutrition it will show you a pie chart that list your goals by percentages. For example my Protein goal is set for 45%, but today I am hitting 35%. I mostly fill out my diary on the full site on my lap top and only use the app in case of emergencies when I am on the go.

Hi everyone I am 11 weeks post op (gastric bypass on 12/31/2014) and I was hoping to make some new myfitnesspal friends. It is a great little tool to help me stay on track (or a reminder to eat more protein). I think having friends with similar goals helps so feel free to add me! My name on there is: Corerox

I use it daily to track my food intake. You can add friends and let them see your menu. I friended my nutritionist and she looks at my food and helps me with my food choices. I recommend the app.

I love MFP. I use it every day. It is the one thing that keeps me totally honest about what I am eating and the Protein and calorie counts. I believe this is what keeps me honest with myself.

@@corerox - I am 4 months out from surgery and use MFP. I will send a request to you. I always like to have new friends on MFP and look at their food diaries for inspiration. I enter a lot of recipes into MFP. I try to do a lot of batches of food and freeze the multiple servings for convenience. So, if you ever see something like "Hunt's Meatloaf" or "Karen's Breakfast Cereal", etc. and want to know what it is, just send me a message. I will give you the recipe.