Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone familiar with barker bariatric dallas tx

Hi, I'm new here. I'm pre op and still trying to decide on sleeve or bypass. The surgeon suggested bypass but I'm nervous about that and wanted to know if anyone is familiar with this center. Im 5 ft 10 263lbs with two co morbidities. Any suggestions?

I am in a similar BMI and my surgeon only does the sleeve.

I consulted with them. The doctor gave some good advice to me, going there to investigate the sleeve because of a co-worker's experience. The doctor told me after looking at my medical history to not base my decision on what someone else did. He said my history strongly pointed toward the bypass which he said was more durable.

I sought out a second opinion about the bypass and that doctor said that I really didn't have a choice due to my co-morbidity factors. I took both doctor's recommendation to have the bypass, but decided on having it done elsewhere due primarily to cost, (my insurance didn't cover the procedure, in spite of the plan's heavy emphasis on preventive care, so I was 100% self pay); but also some other incidental factors which I can convey in a private message.

Edited by mdnitschke

Please do tell. I have the funds set aside for my portion of the cost, however I'm getting cold feet. Not sure if i want to continue on this journey. I may just give it another shot at doing it on my own.

I'm in Dallas and I did sleeve. I never considered bypass.

I consulted with true results but they seemed to be Band oriented.

I went to mybariatricsolutions and decided on sleeve.

I was self pay. I'm 9 months out and at goal.

Hi. I used Barker Bariatric in Dallas for a sleeve. I was 242 when I first met with him. He also suggested the bypass because it's been around longer and has had more studies then the sleeve. I chose the Alene because of the malabsorption issues with having your intestines moved around. I love it. Haven't had any complications or issues. Will be one year may 7. Down 90lbs. Wish you all the best and I think it's totally up to you what procedure you decide on

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches